The 12 jersey

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: The 12 jersey

Post by goreyguy »

Oldschool wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Daly is quite clearly ahead of Crosbie.. one has a contract for next season and the other doesn't.
We probably need both of them but maybe Nucifora wants Crosbie to move elsewhere.
Maybe the designs on moving him back to 10 and moving him North.. wait and see
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:How very dare you.

I'm not just saying this because I'm president of Crosbie's fan club but I'm not too hopeful about Daly, just think he'll struggle with the pace of the first team both physically and technically. I thought the same about Ronaldson though and he's improved hugely with games.

It'll be interesting to see what we do at ten next season, that'll have a big knock on effect in the centres.
I was president of the Marty Moore fan club and look how well that worked out :(

I'm re flying the Isa kite again, he played enough 12 in NZ
Leave ISA where he is, especially as we have very little cover for RK.
Outside Ringrose and Henshaw, the next wave contenders should be Crosbie, McFadden(12 only), Luke and ANOther young bucko.
Theres always Zane :)

Plus theres a chance we could start having Rob available a lot more
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

molloyjh wrote:We're going to need a back-up 12 who will be available during international windows next season. So we have to consider who else we'll have available then. As it stands Marsh looks like he'll be our starting 10 for those periods. And judging from what I've seen this season we're going to need a hard running 12 capable of making yards in contact and tying down a few players in midfield. Otherwise we'll just being going wide and allowing defences to drift across. We were pretty toothless for the third quarter against a poor Zebre for that very reason.

Of our available players right now we're quite limited in that regard. Reid certainly doesn't fulfil that role, nor does Crosbie. I haven't seen enough of Daly over the last season or so to make a call there. In all honestly I think Ferg is the best option in that regard. Unless we do something with our game plan between now and September we can't really afford 2 lightweight centres. Is there anyone else that could slot into the big 12 role?

Peg Leg - Coughlan signed a 1 year deal with Munster AFAIK but he's back playing in the back row again (although he's not getting much game time). I reckon that experiment of converting him to a centre is well in the past at this stage.
Twas a joke.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Peg Leg wrote:Twas a joke.
Ah, I'm not usually slow on the uptake. Honest.... :oops: