Gar Ringrose

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Gary Ringrose

Poll ended at November 21st, 2015, 5:04 pm

I agree Ringrose has looked very promising, is it not a little early to hail him as the second coming?
55%
No. And I think a lot of people would find that suggestion offensive
16%
Let's wait and see what D'arce has to say it about it in the IT
29%

Total votes: 31

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: Gar Ringrose

Post by goreyguy »

Ringrose is playing regularly as a 20 year old... not sure anyone can be complaining about the opportunities given to him.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It's a nonsense argument that makes me happy that he's gone from RTE.

As others have said, players progress at different rates. He also doesn't actually say who Ringrose would have been picked ahead of. Although if the great Nigel Carolan says he's good enough then why didn't Joe just listen? No disrespect to Carolan but an underage coach giving a bland quote regarding one of his talented players (probably in response to a direct question of which there would be no other answer he could give) means absolutely nothing. My grandad thinks I should play for Ireland but I don't think that should be taken into account in terms of selection.

Lastly, Dan Carter and Nonu just won the World Cup, and started off at 12 and wing respectively when they first broke through.

Shut the f%~k up George.
An idea - obviously rejected by Leo & Girve for whatever - probably sound - reason, might have been to play him in the center instead of Reid. Of the two of them Ringrose is defensively more aggressive and willing to get stuck in.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It's a nonsense argument that makes me happy that he's gone from RTE.

As others have said, players progress at different rates. He also doesn't actually say who Ringrose would have been picked ahead of. Although if the great Nigel Carolan says he's good enough then why didn't Joe just listen? No disrespect to Carolan but an underage coach giving a bland quote regarding one of his talented players (probably in response to a direct question of which there would be no other answer he could give) means absolutely nothing. My grandad thinks I should play for Ireland but I don't think that should be taken into account in terms of selection.

Lastly, Dan Carter and Nonu just won the World Cup, and started off at 12 and wing respectively when they first broke through.

Shut the f%~k up George.
An idea - obviously rejected by Leo & Girve for whatever - probably sound - reason, might have been to play him in the center instead of Reid. Of the two of them Ringrose is defensively more aggressive and willing to get stuck in.
Without trying to sound smart or cheeky, what idea was rejected by Leo and Girve?

Ringrose playing on the wing?
Ringrose playing at 12?
LRIP being selected for Ireland? OR
Telling George to shut the f%~k up?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

@Oldschoolsocks

The idea to play Ringrose at thirteen on more than just the one occasion since the start of the season. He only got the one start there compared to a number of runs on the wing. The other way around might have been better - just a suggestion - seeing as how he seems to be a more reliable shout defensively than Reid.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote:@Oldschoolsocks

The idea to play Ringrose at thirteen on more than just the one occasion since the start of the season. He only got the one start there compared to a number of runs on the wing. The other way around might have been better - just a suggestion - seeing as how he seems to be a more reliable shout defensively than Reid.
Fair enough, I may be completely wrong here, but I think that with the money T'eo is on we need to play him to get a return on that investment, also given that the 12 spot appears to be up for grabs we really do need a strong tacking centre at 13, and I think the edge there goes to T'eo also.

Ringrose is only early 20s right, I think a season filling in between wing and 13 will do his game a world of good in the medium to long term and in the meantime it looks like Schmidt has settled for Earls to understudy Payne for at least this season, with Ringrose (if he delivers on his huge promise) being introduced maybe summer 2016 or Nov internationals 2016.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

"...it looks like Schmidt has settled for Earls to understudy Payne for at least this season..." Thanks, you just ruined my Friday!!!! Spare us Earls at 13 in green. Axel can do what he likes!! Any word when Olding gets back?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote:"...it looks like Schmidt has settled for Earls to understudy Payne for at least this season..." Thanks, you just ruined my Friday!!!! Spare us Earls at 13 in green. Axel can do what he likes!! Any word when Olding gets back?
Sry, I think the operative word is settled. No more shocks this week I promise
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:Playing a talented centre on the wing initially has never worked, just look at Umaga or de Villiers
What has D'Arce ever done to you?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

riocard911 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Hook right on the money
Everything you say is invalidated by that first sentence.
Sure why engage with the argument made by both Hook and the Mole, when one can just dash off a one-liner put down?
I would have used just one word, but I couldn't decide whether to spell it b*%&!x or b*%&!cks
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

@Dave Cahill. LOL!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Playing a talented centre on the wing initially has never worked, just look at Umaga or de Villiers
What has D'Arce ever done to you?
Gas thing is I included Darcy but then deleted him from the post as his wasnt a planned or preordained conversion/development
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
COYBIB
Enlightened

Re: Gary Ringrose

Post by COYBIB »

jezzer wrote:
He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Well said sir. I'll take that as a signature quote thank you very much.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Poll is just about over.

turns out the consensus is that while Gar Ringrose has looked promising it is a little early to hail him as the second coming.

there were objections from 27% of the poll respondents that we should wait for D'Arcy to rule on the matter in his IT column.

it is also noted that 17% of respondents reckon a lot of people here would take offence to the motion, now while 17% of 30 is not by any stretch of any definition "a lot of people," I do apologize from the bottom of my heart.

one quote from jezzer did stand out from all of the posts and was promptly robbed by COYBIB as his new signature.

I also want to thank all of you who told me that this was a cr@p poll and the questions made no sense, made sense to me and the other fella and seeing as I won I really don't care anyways :P

jezzer wrote:

He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

listened to an interview with Ringrose this week, noted that he said he sees Heaslip as an example of someone whose professionalism he hopes to emulate.