A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Contract Renewals 2015/2016

Post by Dave Cahill »

Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: He's the Stephen Archer of administrators
Ah here DC, let's not say stuff we can't take back!!! :?
True, true - how about the Jeremy Manning of Management so
I have Bumbleflex
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Dave Cahill wrote:
dropkick wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Moore one is well documented, IRFU said you can sign him but we're not paying for him

And rightfully so. Munster need a 10, tighthead, second rows and openside but they try to sign a hooker despite having 3 decent hookers and O'Byrne is decent backup to those. Moore might have been a good influence but so would a good coach, at a fraction of the price.

The provincial coaches are judged on results so they will try to sign as many players as possible to strengthen their team. They'll pick the short term option every time if they had a chance. A seasoned journeyman vs a young, raw talent? They'll go for the safe option every time and keep the young talent in reserves for a few seasons. Its only now that the IRFU - with Nuciforas help - have stepped in to limit these short term type of signings.
Munster signed a 10, tighthead a second row and an openside.

The reality is that Nucifora actually doesn't know what he's doing, where hes supposed to be doing it and when its done. He's the Stephen Archer of administrators

He knows what he's doing alright. Less journey men and more chances for young Irish players. If Van Den Flier makes his debut for Ireland soon it will be a Nucifora success, seeing that he stopped Leinster wasting money on a backrow they didn't need which helped vdf play more.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

I think in the case of Moore, it was a major fu*k up. All the other movements are understandable, but Moore isn't.

In a situation where Ulster badly need a tight-head and sign one from Connacht whilst an ancient White is eaten alive at international level, Munster have a feckin Uruguayan lad and a bad loosehead jobbing their tight-head, only two bright lights shine, both in Leinster - Furlong and Moore.

Everything should have been done to keep Moore in Irish rugby. Both himself and Furlong should have been identified as long term, key Irish players and less importance given to Ross, who I believe was signed up to an extension on an Irish contract (open to correction on that).

I think Ross should have been given the option to move to Munster whilst Leinster attempt to retain Moore with the help of the IRFU, or worst case scenario, Moore should have been put on a full Irish contract and given the opportunity to go to Munster or Ulster with Ah You going to the other.

I can't help but feel if it wasn't for his injuries leading up to the world cup, he would have established himself as an Irish starter in Ross' absence and would still be with Leinster and on a central contract.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

COYBIB wrote:I think in the case of Moore, it was a major fu*k up. All the other movements are understandable, but Moore isn't.

In a situation where Ulster badly need a tight-head and sign one from Connacht whilst an ancient White is eaten alive at international level, Munster have a feckin Uruguayan lad and a bad loosehead jobbing their tight-head, only two bright lights shine, both in Leinster - Furlong and Moore.

Everything should have been done to keep Moore in Irish rugby. Both himself and Furlong should have been identified as long term, key Irish players and less importance given to Ross, who I believe was signed up to an extension on an Irish contract (open to correction on that).

I think Ross should have been given the option to move to Munster whilst Leinster attempt to retain Moore with the help of the IRFU, or worst case scenario, Moore should have been put on a full Irish contract and given the opportunity to go to Munster or Ulster with Ah You going to the other.

I can't help but feel if it wasn't for his injuries leading up to the world cup, he would have established himself as an Irish starter in Ross' absence and would still be with Leinster and on a central contract.
Some or even all of that may be true- the salient point remains that Moore does have a worrying injury profile- and if he had got the big wedge he wanted, and the almost equally critical IRFU contract spot- and then breaks down, he becomes the 'bed blocker' to development (Furlong, Byrne, Etc.) you are intimating Ross is now. The reality is that Ross is still the best bet at TH Leinster and Ireland, as it stands for the next 18 months- and sacrificing him for Moore's undoubted potential- but equally certain risk at a premium price does not make sense.

I repeat- I'm sorry to see him go... but there's a price on every player and he valued himself above what I- (and more importantly) the IRFU judged worth the risk. I hope he thrives in Coventry and comes back into the Irish set-up in the future.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Conan has to be signed up after that MOTM performance... 1 assist, 38 metres made off just 7 runs, clean break for the try, 22 tackles made ( behind Triggs with 23 and Ruddock with 29 ). What a performance, definitely moved up the list imo.