Glasgow vs Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jimbobjoe
Mullet

Re: Glasgow vs Leinster

Post by jimbobjoe »

Hornet wrote:Their flight has had two aborted attempts to land at Glasgow. Looks like they are heading for Edinburgh ATM. Glad i'm in my living room.
http://www.flightradar24.com/BCY360/82bc11b
Pretty windy in Edinburgh too.. my office is on the 10th of a 12 story and could feel the building rocking back and forth.. was feeling a bit seasick!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

OTT wrote:Was Ruddock not our youngest ever captain at 21? Thought I remember reading that. He has captained nearly every team he has played for bar Ireland.
Yes he was our youngest captain but he was actually only 20 - he had two games as Captain in October 2011 and turned 21 in the November.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hornet wrote:
Their flight has had two aborted attempts to land at Glasgow. Looks like they are heading for Edinburgh ATM. Glad i'm in my living room.
Holy f**k! :?
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Hornet wrote:
Their flight has had two aborted attempts to land at Glasgow. Looks like they are heading for Edinburgh ATM. Glad i'm in my living room.
I wonder what sort of state Te'o is in after that. He might just decide to stay in Scotland permanently rather than face the return trip.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Vamos los azules wrote:
Hornet wrote:
I wonder what sort of state Te'o is in after that. He might just decide to stay in Scotland permanently rather than face the return trip.
The Dennis Bergkamp of Leinster?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

We might have a strong team on paper but games aren't won on paper. We've been appallingly rubbish all season- last week v Treviso looked like a team that had never met eachother before! 1-8 simply haven't been good enough to give the backs any ball. Given we're on our 5th choice hooker (with the guy that's been here maybe 3 weeks as the "experience" on the bench) I don't see that improving anytime soon.

Weather-wise it is truly horrendous-> forecast I believe is for basically constant torrential rain and high winds all weekend. For anyone travelling I'd recommend a snorkel. As has been mentioned Celtic and Hearts have pitch inspections tomorrow so wouldn't be a massive surprise if the game is called off.

Assuming it does go ahead I would expect a very close game.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

kermischocolate wrote:We might have a strong team on paper but games aren't won on paper. We've been appallingly rubbish all season- last week v Treviso looked like a team that had never met eachother before! 1-8 simply haven't been good enough to give the backs any ball. Given we're on our 5th choice hooker (with the guy that's been here maybe 3 weeks as the "experience" on the bench) I don't see that improving anytime soon.

Weather-wise it is truly horrendous-> forecast I believe is for basically constant torrential rain and high winds all weekend. For anyone travelling I'd recommend a snorkel. As has been mentioned Celtic and Hearts have pitch inspections tomorrow so wouldn't be a massive surprise if the game is called off.

Assuming it does go ahead I would expect a very close game.
This confused the shite out of me until I realised you're a Glasgow fan. You are a Glasgow fan right? Best of luck tomorrow, let's hope the game goes ahead and it a good un
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

kermischocolate wrote: As has been mentioned Celtic and Hearts have pitch inspections tomorrow so wouldn't be a massive surprise if the game is called off.
Hearts match postponed
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Pitch inspection later this morning
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

I would be surprised if the game went ahead
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Maybe Te'o will be violently angry

sure Hearts is Edinburgh and thats miles away :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:
kermischocolate wrote: As has been mentioned Celtic and Hearts have pitch inspections tomorrow so wouldn't be a massive surprise if the game is called off.
Hearts match postponed
Celtic match postponed too.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus flights out to Glasgow this morning cancelled, so there'll be little or no support too :(

Maybe we could just agree a 4 try each draw, 3 points a piece, shake hands, everyone's a winner and nobody needs to get blown away :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

cormac wrote:Pitch inspection later this morning
At midday apparently
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

game is off
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

goreyguy wrote:game is off
Cheers. Saw it on Twitter
Last edited by Donny B. on December 5th, 2015, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Official twitter account reporting game is off. Looking at 2nd/3rd weekend of March for a free slot. Glasgow already using the free slot in Feb for a rearranged Jan game due to the Racing game being cancelled last month.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
This confused the shite out of me until I realised you're a Glasgow fan. You are a Glasgow fan right? Best of luck tomorrow, let's hope the game goes ahead and it a good un
Sorry for the confusion. Yup Glasgow fan from Ireland just to be really confusing. Joined this forum before the H Cup final in Edinburgh.

Not surprised the game has been called off. Not many weekends free to reschedule it either.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

If you are originally from Ireland I have no idea how you can be a Glasgow fan over your home province.. and I thought lunsters were bad..But I guess whatever your into
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

goreyguy wrote:If you are originally from Ireland I have no idea how you can be a Glasgow fan over your home province.. and I thought lunsters were bad..But I guess whatever your into
No shame in going local, it's not as if he's on a bandwagon like the lunsters are - they're a strange breed unto themselves.