New apparrel?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

New apparrel?

Post by outcast eddie »

Have I missed a release of some decent gear?

I very like the jacket Seanie is wearing in this pic... https://mobile.twitter.com/leinsterrugb ... 92/photo/1

I suppose someone will tell me it is from seasons past and it's an old photo, the jacket is not available etc.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: New apparrel?

Post by outcast eddie »

Jaysus, the apathy cloud that hangs over UCD and the RDS is infecting this forum now. Not even a polite response.

Perhaps I worded it poorly (although I'm beginning to think a lot of people have me on ignore), maybe should have started a vote thread.

1. Is SOB's photo an old one? It's misleading due to the re-use of this seasons beanie from a previous season, but I don't recall this jacket.

2. If it's a recent photo then will we see the jacket he is wearing is the shops soon? Unlikely as the current season's fare has been darkening the rails in Lifestyle for months now plus December is not traditionally a time for launching new gear.

3. This answering my own questions thing is strangely satisfying - I may start up a conversation with a mirror thread.

4. Erm...yer man Foley.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

outcast eddie wrote:Jaysus, the apathy cloud that hangs over UCD and the RDS is infecting this forum now. Not even a polite response.

Perhaps I worded it poorly (although I'm beginning to think a lot of people have me on ignore), maybe should have started a vote thread.

1. Is SOB's photo an old one? It's misleading due to the re-use of this seasons beanie from a previous season, but I don't recall this jacket.

2. If it's a recent photo then will we see the jacket he is wearing is the shops soon? Unlikely as the current season's fare has been darkening the rails in Lifestyle for months now plus December is not traditionally a time for launching new gear.

3. This answering my own questions thing is strangely satisfying - I may start up a conversation with a mirror thread.

4. Erm...yer man Foley.
Sorry mate, haven't a clue about the anorack that Seanie is wearing, too busy discussing the merits of trough vs individual urinals in the Aviva stadium.

If you think this is lonely have a look at the WC semi final and final thread, i didn't even have Wilson to talk to that day.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

outcast eddie wrote:Jaysus, the apathy cloud that hangs over UCD and the RDS is infecting this forum now. Not even a polite response.

4. Erm...yer man Foley.
Its player issue only I'm afraid.
I have Bumbleflex
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Dave Cahill wrote:

4. Erm...yer man Foley.
Its player issue only I'm afraid.
This is an outrage.
The Munsters would never weaken the famous bond between their squad and the fans by establishing an 'us and them' culture with player issue only gear.
There'll be someone along in a minute to decry this as an example of the elitist D4 environment in LR which is imported from certain schools.
I suppose I'll just have to continue to 'be bold, be strong, be Leinster' in me trusty aul' '14 season plastic shower jacket. :cry:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

It's a fricking anorack, get over it man.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

That there ain't no ordinary fricking anorak.
It's exclusivity would give the wearer special powers of condescension in the South Dublin area.
It would draw covetous stares in the Grandstand and Kielys.
A global traveller could reasonably expect it to draw out fellow Leinster-men in passing.

On the terrace, however, its wearer would be considered a groupie tw@t.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

outcast eddie wrote:That there ain't no ordinary fricking anorak.
It's exclusivity would give the wearer special powers of condescension in the South Dublin area.
A global traveller could reasonably expect it to draw out fellow Leinster-men in passing.

Well, there was a guy wearing a verrrrry similar anorack when I was queueing for my Star Wars tickets...

EDIT: this reminds me of a story from my U19s days. We had a pretty tasty grey Umbro training top, a few of they lads bumped into a stranger in the UCD library wearing one of them on a Monday morning in spring. The strangest conversation ensued:

Strange lad: alright lads, feeling a bit wrecked was playing for Mary's 19s against the gick yesterday.
Mary's lads : really?
Strange lad: yeah, I get that muldowney lad with an awesome tip tackle, try saver!!
Mary's lads : oh right, he's pretty handy isn't he?
Strange lad: yeah, but he's nothing on Campo, Campo's awesome you should see him play.
Mary's lads : nah, Campo's alright, I reckon Murphy's the real deal...

Apparently this went on for another 5 minutes or so before the Strange lad shuffled off, nursing his knocks from the previous day's match. True story, chuckling here thinking about it.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Hey MODS, or ADMINS, any chance we can change the title of the thread to "its just a bleedin anorack"
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:That there ain't no ordinary fricking anorak.

Well, there was a guy wearing a verrrrry similar anorack when I was queueing for my Star Wars tickets...

EDIT: this reminds me of a story from my U19s days. We had a pretty tasty grey Umbro training top, a few of they lads bumped into a stranger in the UCD library wearing one of them on a Monday morning in spring. The strangest conversation ensued:

Strange lad: alright lads, feeling a bit wrecked was playing for Mary's 19s against the gick yesterday.
Mary's lads : really?
Strange lad: yeah, I get that muldowney lad with an awesome tip tackle, try saver!!
Mary's lads : oh right, he's pretty handy isn't he?
Strange lad: yeah, but he's nothing on Campo, Campo's awesome you should see him play.
Mary's lads : nah, Campo's alright, I reckon Murphy's the real deal...

Apparently this went on for another 5 minutes or so before the Strange lad shuffled off, nursing his knocks from the previous day's match. True story, chuckling here thinking about it.
Rugby goys? UCD library? In what universe did this happen?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

They can read you know
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Anyone hear any whispers of the launch of new gear for the 2016-17 season?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

There'll be a new European jersey. Based on nothing except adding two twos and getting five, I reckon it'll be very different looking.
I have Bumbleflex
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Has to be better than the existing European one, don't like that at all.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Not fond of it myself to be honest.
I have Bumbleflex
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dave Cahill wrote:There'll be a new European jersey. Based on nothing except adding two twos and getting five, I reckon it'll be very different looking.
And I bet you still have a geansai load of them, one for each day of the week! And I quoted wrong text
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Me wanty !

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I know it's just one pic but Healy looks to have slimmed down a bit to me. Have no idea what his injury status is but good to see him running around anyway.

Like the kit too.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I know it's just one pic but Healy looks to have slimmed down a bit to me. Have no idea what his injury status is but good to see him running around anyway.

Like the kit too.
I thought the same thing, he's always been one of the leanest props around (Eddie Ben Arous one of the few others) and theres been plenty of examples in Ireland of guys who over bulked (out of their comfort zone); Earls saying that this week, Locky in the past, POC too, most players at 2007 RWC, so hopefully lighter version means impact from speed not size and less strain on ankles/joints if that wasnt already the motivating factor

our new SH fitness guy may back that up

I also like the parochial thrash talking of our training kit mirroring Munster's away kit
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon