Munster v Leinster 27th Dec 17.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster v Leinster 27th Dec 17.15

Post by Ruckedtobits »

In praise of the Young Guns.

Whilst I have long been a fan of JVdF and Gary Ringrose, I am now a total advocate of Molony, Treacy and of course Furlong. All three provided clear evidence during their respective soujourns on the pitch that they have the bottle as well as the skills to occupy the Leinster jerseys with honour and not just as a duty.

Well done to all five and keep working as being as good as you can be, not as you are. You have shown that your benchmark is not wanting to be beaten, so now push it to, wanting to win, all the time and against everybody. I have no doubt that there are others to follow, Kelleher, McGrath L, Dooley and Leavy spring to mind, but so long as you all remember to work as hard when you get there as you did to get there, Leinster will be lucky to have you.

Welcome and thanks for this evening.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Nice to see Leinster players score the 4 tries in Thomond :mrgreen:

Reddan was his old self, as was Ryan, Kirchner had his most tolerable game ever
Luke was kind of quiet, think a rest next weekend will do him good

Munster forwards but especially Killer butchered a lot of space out wide
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Big signals that Tracy, Furlong, Molony, Ringrose are better than Cronin, Ross/Moore, Denton, & most of the backline in Ringrose's case. We must give him a long run at 13 as he is comfortable at this level.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

matt wrote:Big signals that Tracy, Furlong, Molony, Ringrose are better than Cronin, Ross/Moore, Denton, & most of the backline in Ringrose's case. We must give him a long run at 13 as he is comfortable at this level.
only thing about the Denton/Molony thing is when Dev had to switch to RHS of scrum the quality dropped noticeably. This kinda skews the judgement wrt Furlog/Moore too. Tracy was v good, as was mr. Ringrose no arguments there, but I really do want us to exploit Big Ben's strengths while we still have him also.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
matt wrote:Big signals that Tracy, Furlong, Molony, Ringrose are better than Cronin, Ross/Moore, Denton, & most of the backline in Ringrose's case. We must give him a long run at 13 as he is comfortable at this level.
only thing about the Denton/Molony thing is when Dev had to switch to RHS of scrum the quality dropped noticeably. This kinda skews the judgement wrt Furlog/Moore too. Tracy was v good, as was mr. Ringrose no arguments there, but I really do want us to exploit Big Ben's strengths while we still have him also.
Molony is progressing very well & is much better than Denton but first choice still Toner/Mc Carthy & Kearney still to come back. Did not always think so especially when he played with Douglas butMc Carthy has been fantastic in last 12 months with work in tight enhanced by tackling & overall work rate, however, the Toulon match showed we suffer after 60 mins when he tires/is replaced. We need a second top class tight side second row.

Never completely sure when talking about props & dark arts of front row but think Furlong has most potential & must be given enough experience.

As for Tracy he seems much stronger in the scrum than Cronin who although a great runner in open play has found things difficult hooking/being overpowered at top level in scrum.

Agreed Teo good player. Could we use him at 12 with Ringrose at 13 & Luke in his best position at 11. Would hopefully make transition to Henshaw at 12 next season easier & when he is with Ireland you have Noel Reid.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Good win. I'm happy. I could watch that Ringrose run on a loop all day. The scrum still worries me a bit. The forwards sometimes seem to be not bound tightly enough and are vulnerable to getting splintered. They've got to scrummage as a unit, and not as individuals. I thought Dom Ryan showed up well. He's copped a bit of flak on here - not without justification - but for me, in terms of a pure blindside, he looks like the best option as back up for Ruddock going forward.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Molony is just very light, he won't be relied upon a much as he could be until he gets a bit more weight onto him.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:Molony is just very light, he won't be relied upon a much as he could be until he gets a bit more weight onto him.
know theres always debates over the official stats but hes down as 6'5 but looks more than that on the pitch

long term he'll probably be a 4 not 5

listed as 103 kg, if you take that as accurate 2 more pre seasons and he'd make 115kg easy
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Molony is just very light, he won't be relied upon a much as he could be until he gets a bit more weight onto him.
know theres always debates over the official stats but hes down as 6'5 but looks more than that on the pitch

listed as 103 kg, if you take that as accurate 2 more pre seasons and he'd make 115kg easy
he is closer to 6'6 than 6'5 and I don't think he will ever reach 115kg, if they can get him to 110kg they will be doing well.. hopefully as he ages he continues to fill out naturally
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

he is closer to 6'6 than 6'5 and I don't think he will ever reach 115kg, if they can get him to 110kg they will be doing well.. hopefully as he ages he continues to fill out naturally
even if you wanted to keep him really lean and mobile he'd make 110kg easy, plenty of other locks who are 6'6 and 115-120kg
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Some locks have better frames than Molony.. he will get to 110kg eventually.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:Some locks have better frames than Molony.. he will get to 110kg eventually.
Leo made 110kg and he had a BFG body
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Some locks have better frames than Molony.. he will get to 110kg eventually.
I'm not saying he won't make 110kg.. but he certainly won't make 115kg easily.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
I'm not saying he won't make 110kg.. but he certainly won't make 115kg easily.
especially now that nando's seem to have withdrawn their sponsorship

#nandos #blessed
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.