Munster v Leinster 27th Dec 17.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster v Leinster 27th Dec 17.15

Post by Ruckedtobits »

neiliog93 wrote:Massive TMO malfunction for Munster's try. The referee's hesitance in giving the try was (as he said explicitly) because he thought Copeland might have been part of the ruck before picking up the ball and scrambling over the line. The TMO seemed to miss this entirely and focused on the grounding of the ball, which was fine.

But Copeland was clearly off his feet (or at the very least not supporting his own bodyweight) and also part of the ruck (i.e not behind the last foot and playing an active part in the ruck as well). He is therefore not entitled to pick the ball up and scramble forward. Completely wrong try award. The ref then couldn't see the screen as he said and the TMO seemed to completely misunderstand what he was being asked.
Totally correct. Three Copeland infringements, none to do with ball placement.

Very disappointed with Denton and Dev tackling and also Cronin who has fallen off abiut 4 tackles. Ringrose has been excellent in every respect. Leinster line-out throwing a shambles and Treacy should come in. Furlong going well but we must keep pushing up in defence and pressurising their passing. SOB &Dom Ryan both guilty and carrying ball at tacklers by hitting with ball first and not being able to recycle. Jamie working hard but looks like he is carrying his right shoulder.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Ringrose making a mockery of the decision to leave him out of European games. I'd back Munster from here though. Leinster didn't use the wind or their possession well
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Twist wrote:Ringrose making a mockery of the decision to leave him out of European games. I'd back Munster from here though. Leinster didn't use the wind or their possession well

And of course, as soon as I say that Ringrose does his naivety and Leinster score with their first chance this half
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ref with some headscratchert but he's letting it flow. Agree about the non-try.

Furlong destroying all in front of him in set piece and loose. Monster man.

SOB driving me nuts. Seeking contact, going to deck and dragging himself beyond his own support. 3 pens given away so far.

Back line looks great. Finally people playing where they should. Ringrose having a great game. Ferg also to be fair. Madigan pulling strings. We should be further ahead.

Denton killing us at times.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

We are a couple of good signings away from having a very good team. We need to hang onto Madigan.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

It gives me no pleasure to further knock Denton but he wrecked two promising attacks in the first half with needless knock-ons in Munster's 22. Part of the line-out malfunctioning too.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Very satisfied
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Open the dams on your way home lads
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Good stuff. Always great to win down there no matter how poor they are. Our defence is much improved this season. Tom Denton should never start ahead of Ross Molony again. That player mic is the biggest load of me bollix I've ever heard.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

I don't want to say negative things after such a vital win and very satisfying against a team it never gets old stuffing them in their own shack, so I'll just say this:

I wish I was an alien female with two wombs so I could have Kurt McQuilkin and Gary Ringrose's baby at the same time.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Halleluha.a.a.a. enjoy the chat and trip home. Molony was magnificent in final 10 mins. Tracy and he join the anointed Young Guns. Welcome to the real thing!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I was worried about Ringrose's defence before the game, and I've never been so happy to eat humble pie. Him and Isa looks like a brick wall at times.
His energy and running poise is just something to behold. Can't wait to see how this guy evolves (beside Henshaw!).

SOB back to his absolute best, Dev and D Ryan niggly and really stepped up.

Word too for Ross Moloney. Two lineout steals in less than 20 minutes.

Thought Reddan was good too.

But jaysus, for all the talk about Stander (and he was excellent and led well), Heaslip is just a class above. The amount of work he gets through is unreal. I counted 4 lineout takes, one maul held up, two turnovers and three times he kept the ball in a scrum after ref had called 'use it' to win us penalties. Class performance.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

cormac wrote:Good stuff. Always great to win down there no matter how poor they are. Our defence is much improved this season. Tom Denton should never start ahead of Ross Molony again. That player mic is the biggest load of me bollix I've ever heard.
I couldn't agree more with that.

Particularly the last two sentences.
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

We are one or two signings away from being a top class team. If we could get a top quality second row and scrum half we'd be hard to beat!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

neiliog93 wrote:It gives me no pleasure to further knock Denton but he wrecked two promising attacks in the first half with needless knock-ons in Munster's 22. Part of the line-out malfunctioning too.
He actually played well in the tight other than that, but they really were unforgiveable. Only reason Denton might start is that he's a TH lock.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Fewest points conceded in Pro12? Leinster! Take a bow Kurt....
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Madigan's earnt the 10 shirt for me against Connacht anyway.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinsterfan100 wrote:Madigan's earnt the 10 shirt for me against Connacht anyway.
Very mixed again.
Two beauts of kicks, a few very poor ones. Line kicked well and released the backs well too.
Has a bad habit of not understanding what's outside him and turning back into traffic.

Sexton is still nailed on starter though.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

leinsterfan100 wrote:Madigan's earnt the 10 shirt for me against Connacht anyway.
I agree. He had one or two weird kicks/passes but on the whole he was a lot better than Johnny has been recently. Sterling performance from Ringrose. Kirchner had his best game for Leinster in ages, solid under the high ball and in defence and timed his interception well. Huge performance from Furlong, my MOTM.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Another disappointing result.
Point dropped. These are the sort of teams we need to be racking up points against