Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

Post by Xanthippe »

Leinster Rugby wrote:
Fergus McFadden suspended for three weeks
6 January 2016 16:23
By Editor

Fergus McFadden has been suspended for three weeks following an independent PRO12 disciplinary hearing in Edinburgh.
McFadden appeared today (Wednesday) in Edinburgh before an independent PRO12 Rugby Disciplinary Committee, having been cited by an independent citing commissioner for stamping or trampling on an opponent in contravention of Law 10.4 (b) in the Guinness PRO12 match between Leinster and Connacht at the RDS Arena.

McFadden accepted that he had committed an act of foul play and that it would have warranted a red card. Accordingly, the Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Pamela Woodman, alongside Roddy Dunlop and John Kirk (all from Scotland), considered what would be the appropriate sanction.

Having viewed video footage of the incident, listened to evidence and representations from and on behalf of the player, and reviewed all of the other evidence, the Disciplinary Committee found that McFadden had acted recklessly and that the offending merited a mid-range entry point based on World Rugby's scale of seriousness, which carries a five-week playing suspension.

The Disciplinary Committee further found that there were no aggravating factors and that there were a number of mitigating factors (including Mr McFadden's acknowledgement of wrongdoing, his previous clean disciplinary record and his good conduct at the hearing) such that his playing suspension be reduced by two weeks.

McFadden is therefore suspended from playing rugby for a total of three weeks, up to and including Sunday, 24th January 2016.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14450.php#.Vo1GUE98zth
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

happier news is Luke McGrath and Sexton have trained fully this week
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote:
Leinster Rugby wrote:
Fergus McFadden suspended for three weeks
6 January 2016 16:23
By Editor

Fergus McFadden has been suspended for three weeks following an independent PRO12 disciplinary hearing in Edinburgh.
McFadden appeared today (Wednesday) in Edinburgh before an independent PRO12 Rugby Disciplinary Committee, having been cited by an independent citing commissioner for stamping or trampling on an opponent in contravention of Law 10.4 (b) in the Guinness PRO12 match between Leinster and Connacht at the RDS Arena.

McFadden accepted that he had committed an act of foul play and that it would have warranted a red card. Accordingly, the Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Pamela Woodman, alongside Roddy Dunlop and John Kirk (all from Scotland), considered what would be the appropriate sanction.

Having viewed video footage of the incident, listened to evidence and representations from and on behalf of the player, and reviewed all of the other evidence, the Disciplinary Committee found that McFadden had acted recklessly and that the offending merited a mid-range entry point based on World Rugby's scale of seriousness, which carries a five-week playing suspension.

The Disciplinary Committee further found that there were no aggravating factors and that there were a number of mitigating factors (including Mr McFadden's acknowledgement of wrongdoing, his previous clean disciplinary record and his good conduct at the hearing) such that his playing suspension be reduced by two weeks.

McFadden is therefore suspended from playing rugby for a total of three weeks, up to and including Sunday, 24th January 2016.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14450.php#.Vo1GUE98zth
I think he got off lightly there
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This "good conduct at the hearing" nonsense needs to obliterated sharpish.

To be found guilty of that and only get 3 weeks is a miracle. Not sure what the worst he could have got was but if they deemed that he did it deliberately then he's a lucky lucky boy. My own opinion is that something like that deserves 3-6 months. Couldn't give a toss about a punch like SOB's on Pape, or what Healy got banned for, but using a boot to the face is just incredibly dangerous and seriously crossing a line.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This "good conduct at the hearing" nonsense needs to obliterated sharpish.

To be found guilty of that and only get 3 weeks is a miracle. Not sure what the worst he could have got was but if they deemed that he did it deliberately then he's a lucky lucky boy. My own opinion is that something like that deserves 3-6 months. Couldn't give a toss about a punch like SOB's on Pape, or what Healy got banned for, but using a boot to the face is just incredibly dangerous and seriously crossing a line.
I think I agree with you here LRIP,
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This "good conduct at the hearing" nonsense needs to obliterated sharpish.
I wonder what it would take to be considered poor conduct?
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

olaf the fat wrote:
I wonder what it would take to be considered poor conduct?
Wearing headphones and shiny boots would be a bad start I suppose.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I'd stay off the Gummy Bears during the hearing too.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:I'd stay off the Gummy Bears during the hearing too.
yup

Brendan Venter eating sweets at a hearing is the only example I think there is of bad conduct at a hearing
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
yup

Brendan Venter eating sweets at a hearing is the only example I think there is of bad conduct at a hearing
What about Joe Marler's choice of attire?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
yup

What about Joe Marler's choice of attire?
what happened there?
wprathead
Bookworm

Post by wprathead »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote: What about Joe Marler's choice of attire?
what happened there?
In his own words he "got two weeks added to a ban for wearing a checked shirt, chinos and...... A bright orange Mohawk to the hearing"
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wprathead wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote: What about Joe Marler's choice of attire?
what happened there?
In his own words he "got two weeks added to a ban for wearing a checked shirt, chinos and...... A bright orange Mohawk to the hearing"
having the word sausage shaved into his head probably didnt help either

not that that stuff should come into it but judges and judiciary types get iffy over that, an architect in Limerick testifying in court late last year was told he wouldnt be heard unless he got a tie for his suit
more of dumb/lack of ruthless professionalism on Marler's part for not looking like he was taking it seriously
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Look at Felon Armitage: a choirboy at his hearings in his best suit.