Mads to Bordeaux - confirmed

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Mads to Bordeaux - confirmed

Post by wixfjord »

Interesting timing to announce it today.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14419.php#.VoFJ1JOLRsN

Best wishes to him, step up Cathal Marsh/Ross Byrne.

Someone should keep an eye on RayDollard!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: Mads to Bordeaux - confirmed

Post by goreyguy »

Cant blame him, will always be a case of what if...
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Good luck Ian in Bordeaux & thanks for the last 7 seasons. I think he has the ability to do very well there.

I like the comment from Leo that sometime in the future we may see him in a Leinster jersey again. He needs a long run at 10 and may well be first choice for Ireland in 3 years time.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Sad to see him go but I hope the move works out well for him.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Looks like he's going a little further south than Nucifora had in mind.

Maybe he announced today as he was still in two minds about the move to Munster, yesterday's thrashing of them probably made up his mind, it'll be years on the slide before that team can match his ambitions.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I hope that it works out for him. I feel that it's a big loss for Leinster and I don't begrudge Madigan going at all - if you've been underappreciated in your own job you'd get a new one after all. Best of luck!
Anyone But New Zealand
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Good luck Ian. You've shared some great days with us and you've given us more great days than scares. Enjoy.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

sad for leinster but probably best for his rugby ambitions. Riding the pine here, playing with a focking shite munster team or going to Bordeaux ... bit of a no brainer really.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Looks like he's going a little further south than Nucifora had in mind.

Maybe he announced today as he was still in two minds about the move to Munster, yesterday's thrashing of them probably made up his mind, it'll be years on the slide before that team can match his ambitions.
That's unlikely.
I'd say it's been decided for a while and Leinster PR team wanted to release it when fans were on a high, to dampen the disappointment slightly.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Whoosh :p
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Moving to France didn't help Sexton's game. I'm not sure it'll be any different for Madigan. He might get more time at 10 but he's just as likely to play too many games, and in what style of rugby? This is really bad news
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Twist wrote:Moving to France didn't help Sexton's game. I'm not sure it'll be any different for Madigan. He might get more time at 10 but he's just as likely to play too many games, and in what style of rugby? This is really bad news
I reckon Madigan is a sturdier hombre than Sexton.
Good luck to him.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
papachino
Graduate

Post by papachino »

well f**kity f**k that...
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

No surprise. Apart from the money, their playing style and ethos should suit him. They play a nice running game and I look forward to seeing him live there.
Would have been a huge mistake to go to Munster and I would hope he didn't seriously consider it. If Quins were willing to pay, that could have been interesting.

Such a shame Leinster and he were never able to build on his breakthrough player of the year season in 2012/13. It is not 100% MOC's fault, as the powers that be should've intervened.
If Sexton's decline really is permanent, as feared, this move will leave all parties (including Madigan) with egg on their faces.

His hater club on here won't even be fully happy, as they won't now be able to suggest his best position is 9,12,13,15, anywhere but 10. At least the forum will be spared from those nonsense discussions.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

papachino wrote:well f**kity f**k that...
I agree with this post most
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:No surprise. Apart from the money, their playing style and ethos should suit him. They play a nice running game and I look forward to seeing him live there.
Would have been a huge mistake to go to Munster and I would hope he didn't seriously consider it. If Quins were willing to pay, that could have been interesting.

Such a shame Leinster and he were never able to build on his breakthrough player of the year season in 2012/13. It is not 100% MOC's fault, as the powers that be should've intervened.
If Sexton's decline really is permanent, as feared, this move will leave all parties (including Madigan) with egg on their faces.

His hater club on here won't even be fully happy, as they won't now be able to suggest his best position is 9,12,13,15, anywhere but 10. At least the forum will be spared from those nonsense discussions.
If ever a quote deserved a rolls eye emoji, it's that.
So here you go :roll:
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:
curates_egg wrote:No surprise. Apart from the money, their playing style and ethos should suit him. They play a nice running game and I look forward to seeing him live there.

What are you going to do with the club now he's gone though?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

This is MOC's true legacy
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

What are you going to do with the club now he's gone though?
What?
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Very bad news for leinster. He should still be starting ahead of sexton for next few weeks/months even though he's off at end of season. Brilliant player whose talent was wasted by moc and the insistence of bringing sexton back and being guaranteed a starting spot will have made mads mind up. Good luck to him but a true waste of a player who had bided his time and was never given the vote of confidence by the club who should have made him the starting 10 as soon as sexton went to France.