Haters: get ready to be triggered.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Mads to Bordeaux - confirmed

Post by riocard911 »

curates_egg wrote:9 minute interview with Madigan:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/exclusiv ... ip-madigan

Haters: get ready to be triggered.
Great! We might get to hear him talk this time. On The Left Wing he couldn't get a word in edgeways for all Luke's rabbiting-on.....
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ray just creamed his pants.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

I’d say the only problem Madigan has is how he will ever spend all the money he has earned since he ditched Leinster to safeguard his future.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Raydollard wrote:I’d say the only problem Madigan has is how he will ever spend all the money he has earned since he ditched Leinster to safeguard his future.
I
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Such a waste - he could have been the greatest HGF scrum half to play for Leinster since Monsieur Rolland.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Forgotten but not gone.
Mads on the shortlist for Championship player of the season.
https://therpa.co.uk/championship-playe ... -nominees/
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

His Bristol contract is up at the end of the 2019-20 season, he'll be 31 for the 2020-21 season and has spoken of his desire to return home. With the need for out-halves so pressing at all of the Irish provinces except Leinster, I can see him having a role to play for one of the provinces/Ireland then, and being in the battle for the 2023 RWC squad as a senior player.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

neiliog93 wrote:being in the battle for the 2023 RWC squad as a senior player.
That doesn't seem very likely to me. There can't be that many 33 year old outhalves that have gone to world cups as 2nd/3rd choice, the shenanigans around the 2011 world cup aside.
If he's interested in a world cup squad, he needs to up sticks and go to Ulster next season. I wouldn't do it in his position though.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

curates_egg wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:being in the battle for the 2023 RWC squad as a senior player.
That doesn't seem very likely to me. There can't be that many 33 year old outhalves that have gone to world cups as 2nd/3rd choice, the shenanigans around the 2011 world cup aside.
If he's interested in a world cup squad, he needs to up sticks and go to Ulster next season. I wouldn't do it in his position though.
I don't see the logic here. If he were starting and playing well for Ulster or Munster in the run-up to the 2023 RWC, Sexton would be gone and he'd be competing with Ross Byrne, Carbery, Johnston and maybe McPhillips for the three out-half slots (obviously a bolter may also come through in that time). If you're based in Ireland age is irrelevant as long as you can play at the next world cup.