Leinster Ticket Office

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Franzer
Beginner

Leinster Ticket Office

Post by Franzer »

Is it just me or is anybody else being treated with contempt by the ticket Office at Leinster, After the Toulon match on behalf of a Group of season ticketholders who had set up a group back in Septmeber and were completely ignored and placed all over the stadium and not together as requested. I emailed sinead @ Leinsterrugby and have heard nothing since not even an acknoledgement that the email has been receiverd, once they have got our money they just want to completely ignore us, I sent a copy of the email yesterday and still no response.

I just wonder are we the only season ticket holders being treated like this?
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Ticket Office

Post by OTT »

Not sure about Leinster Rugby in general but Sinead Coffey is an outstanding individual as far as I am concerned. Any probs through the years she has sorted with haste. Maybe your emails are not going through to her.

(Do not know her personally BTW only as a season ticket holder and her dealing with any issues.)
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

OTT wrote:Not sure about Leinster Rugby in general but Sinead Coffey is an outstanding individual as far as I am concerned. Any probs through the years she has sorted with haste. Maybe your emails are not going through to her.

(Do not know her personally BTW only as a season ticket holder and her dealing with any issues.)
Have to say I'd second this, always found them to be very helpful.

Shame to hear this story though
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Meh. The default ticket allocation offered to certain season ticket holders in the Aviva has always annoyed me. They give us some of the worst seats in the house by default, effectively forcing us to upgrade. Once they did that I knew where I stood.

The problem, and there is a problem, is with the initial ticket allocation within the Aviva. Naming names is never fair, I'd suggest a mod removes both the name and the email address of the support person.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Sinead has certainly been excellent in the past but I wonder if LR are slipping back into old habits. I was disappointed to see that the email for ST holders to change their seats for the Munster match in Lansdowne Rd was sent out on the Thursday evening of the Toulon away match, giving a window of 10 AM Friday morning to 5 PM Monday evening to change seats. Our flights to Nice were 7.30 AM Friday, back 10PM Monday. A small issue but why LR felt they had to pick that time slot when there was a reasonable possibility that some supporters would be away at a Leinster match escapes me.

I emailed them to see if they could give me the same seats I had booked for the Toulon home match but never got a response.
A proud Winsome Fluter
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Franzer wrote:Is it just me or is anybody else being treated with contempt by the ticket Office at Leinster, After the Toulon match on behalf of a Group of season ticketholders who had set up a group back in Septmeber and were completely ignored and placed all over the stadium and not together as requested. I emailed sinead @ Leinsterrugby and have heard nothing since not even an acknoledgement that the email has been receiverd, once they have got our money they just want to completely ignore us, I sent a copy of the email yesterday and still no response.

I have always found Sinead and the team in the ticket office to be extremely helpful and responsive. Make sure you have the correct email address (.ie not .com). Would also suggest the generic tickets email (tickets@....) - in case Sinead was out for example.

Also bear in mind - the ticket system is Tickemaster run. If you are putting ticket holders together as a group, you have to do it on the system before a certain date and I think each of the members has to join the group - instructions were sent out at the beginning of the season. If that wasn't followed the tickets woudl have been allocated randomly. While Sinead has sorted out issues in the past, something like this is very hard to fix after the fact as the rest of the seats have already been allocated.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Franzer wrote:Is it just me or is anybody else being treated with contempt by the ticket Office at Leinster, After the Toulon match on behalf of a Group of season ticketholders who had set up a group back in Septmeber and were completely ignored and placed all over the stadium and not together as requested. I emailed sinead @ Leinsterrugby and have heard nothing since not even an acknoledgement that the email has been receiverd, once they have got our money they just want to completely ignore us, I sent a copy of the email yesterday and still no response.

I can only agree with some of the previous posters here that Sinead and any of the staff who worked in Donnybrook were always extremely helpful whenever I had to deal with them. I haven't had any reason to go to the new offices or have I had any subsequent issues to be dealt with but I have always found them excellent.
Franzer
Beginner

Post by Franzer »

Thanks for your replys~ we had set a group in the allocated time span, my point is that having done this it was ignored and when i emailed the ticket office, my emails have been ignored with out any response
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Sinead has certainly been excellent in the past but I wonder if LR are slipping back into old habits. I was disappointed to see that the email for ST holders to change their seats for the Munster match in Lansdowne Rd was sent out on the Thursday evening of the Toulon away match, giving a window of 10 AM Friday morning to 5 PM Monday evening to change seats. Our flights to Nice were 7.30 AM Friday, back 10PM Monday. A small issue but why LR felt they had to pick that time slot when there was a reasonable possibility that some supporters would be away at a Leinster match escapes me.

I emailed them to see if they could give me the same seats I had booked for the Toulon home match but never got a response.
Totally agree with this as it happened to me and I only found out when I checked on the Tuesday morning having flown back on the Monday night and had lost my chance and thus was unable to move and buy extra seats beside me for non season ticket holders as I did for Toulon at home.So it has also cost them money!
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

I've had mixed experiences with the ticket office. Once a good few years ago now, I replied to an email regarding tickets going on sale to say my email was missing some vital information. I was told I hadn't read the email properly and please stop wasting our time. Less then an hour later a new email was sent out which now included the information I apparently hadn't bothered to read the first time.

I've had to contact them once or twice in the years since, including once on twitter rather close to kick off time for an Aviva match and they were extremely helpful on all those other occasions.

Moral of the story I guess is sometimes stuff goes wrong and unfortunately stuff goes wrong after that which compounds the original error. Mistakes happen, emails are missed, such is life. I'm sure they aren't just deleting your email as it lands in the inbox. Best bet is probably to give the office a quick call and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can for you.

I found that Munster ticket sale annoying too, I wasn't away but I didn't understand the last minute nature of it. It was like someone in the office realised at 5pm on Thursday that Christmas was coming and we better get them on general sale sharpish.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Missed the window to change my season tickets for the Munster game as my dad would have problems getting round to Bath avenue, they sorted it in seconds :happy clapper: congrats great service much appreciated !.
Flying wedge
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Can't believe I am reading this thread

Never had any problem with ticket office, always helpful, proactive and solution focused in any issues I have contracted them with. Long live Sinead !
It is a difficult job and I think they do a great job
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

footrush wrote:Missed the window to change my season tickets for the Munster game as my dad would have problems getting round to Bath avenue, they sorted it in seconds :happy clapper: congrats great service much appreciated !.

I had a similar story - our three ST are in a row together but were split on either side of LR. When I rang I was sent details immediately of new tickets together. Delighted with the swift outcome.
The French are predictably unpredictable