Team during 6 nations

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Team during 6 nations

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

neiliog93 wrote:I think seeing Jordi picked for Ireland makes Munster fans feel how we did when Deccie picked Mick O'Driscoll or Eddie picked one of his useless Munster wingers John Kelly or Anthony Horgan.
++1 fuvkin pr!*k, Mick O' Fuvkin Driscoll FFS
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

molloyjh wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:I think seeing Jordi picked for Ireland makes Munster fans feel how we did when Deccie picked Mick O'Driscoll or Eddie picked one of his useless Munster wingers John Kelly or Anthony Horgan.
As wixfjord said Jordi had an absolutely immense game against England in the 6Ns last year. He got through an absolute mountain of work that day. He's also a young guy who will almost certainly get better. It's not like he has been getting picked ahead of anyone more deserving up to now either.
Still don't think he's naturall big or robust enough for 6 or 8, and not good enough for 7.

EDIT: At test level
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
As wixfjord said Jordi had an absolutely immense game against England in the 6Ns last year. He got through an absolute mountain of work that day. He's also a young guy who will almost certainly get better. It's not like he has been getting picked ahead of anyone more deserving up to now either.
Still don't think he's naturall big or robust enough for 6 or 8, and not good enough for 7.

EDIT: At test level
Maybe not, or at least not yet. But the point is that he wasn't taking a spot away from someone more deserving.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

molloyjh wrote:
Maybe not, or at least not yet. But the point is that he wasn't taking a spot away from someone more deserving.
I'd say at least Henry and Muldoon might have a case for inclusion, in saying that Henry did have that stroke didn't he...

where would you see Jordi now wrt the available backrow for this years 6N?
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
I'd say at least Henry and Muldoon might have a case for inclusion, in saying that Henry did have that stroke didn't he...

I wouldn't have him near the 23 right now. In fact I wouldn't have him in the training squad at all. He needs to get back playing again, which he hasn't been over the last while.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

molloyjh wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
molloyjh wrote:

I wouldn't have him near the 23 right now. In fact I wouldn't have him in the training squad at all. He needs to get back playing again, which he hasn't been over the last while.
Agree
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Murphy will be in the extended squad - systems innit

He took his chance really well last year on the back of injuries to several players, but his big selling point was his flexibility (particularly to cover 8). With Stader now eligible he steps back a lot imo

Ruddock, SOB, Heaslip, Henry, Stander likely to be the 5 main players - after that TOD & Murphy in that order - I'd like to see the likes of Masterson or McKeon get some kind of involvement - happy enough for JOD and Van dF to play provincially rather than train internationally
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

We are going to need Jordi as we will could easily be losing our entire first choice scrum and possible most of the first choice backs as well to say nothing of a number of their backups on the bench or in and about the squad. We need a few more guys like him who are in the mix for call up but end up staying home to play for us.

We need 6 front rowers for any game and we could lose our first 6 to Ireland so we are down to the next 6. Second row we will lose at least one and probably 2. Backrow all gone plus possibility of subs. Scrum half one likely to go. Outhalf is one definite with the second a tough call based on the form of Jackson. Centres not such a big issue unless they want a serious look at baby BOD or Luke at 12. Wings should be ok as we will lose some but have cover. Full back we lose on but have excellent cover.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Think we are looking at a possible team of,
Depending on released players from carton house a team of
1 Dooley
2 cronin
3 Moore
4 molony
5 Denton
6 Jordi
7 josh
8 Jack C
9 Luke McGrath
10 Marsh
11 isa
12 teo
13 ringrose
14 McFadden
15 Zane K
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Gearzbox2 wrote:Think we are looking at a possible team of,
Depending on released players from carton house a team of
1 Dooley
2 cronin
3 Moore
4 molony
5 Denton
6 Jordi
7 josh
8 Jack C
9 Luke McGrath
10 Marsh
11 isa
12 teo
13 ringrose
14 McFadden
15 Zane K
We'll have Furlong back instead of Moore and Conan is still a few weeks away. Put Furlong in at TH, Ryan at 6 and Jordi at 8. In the backs I reckon we'll see some rotation at centre with Reid, Te'o and Ringrose. And depending on the squads that Joe goes with we might see a bit of Mads and Dave Kearney over the course of Feb/Mar.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Leo saw this thread and decided he'd try the team out early

Re: Leinster v Bath: what's in it for us?

Postby OTT » January 15th, 2016, 12:01 pm
LEINSTER:

15. Zane Kirchner
14. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Ben Te'o
11. Dave Kearney
10. Ian Madigan / Marsh
9. Luke McGrath
1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Ross Molony
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Rhys Ruddock / Ryan
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jordi Murphy
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

thats eerie!

might we have Cronin for the 6n, he seems down the pecking order with us, at best hes third choice for Ireland but might even be behind Sherry now due to a lack of gametime?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

So...

1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
5. Hayden Triggs/Mick Kearney/Tom Denton
6. Dominic Ryan
7. Dan Leavy
8. Jordi Murphy/Jack Conan
9. Luke McGrath
10. Cathal Marsh
11. Isa Nacewa
12. Ben Teo
13. Garry Ringrose
14. Fergus McFadden
15. Zane Kirchner

i'm sure we will be strengthened with players needing gametime but that will be the base XV.
Last edited by goreyguy on January 20th, 2016, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

goreyguy wrote:So...

1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
6. Dominic Ryan
7. Dan Leavy
9. Luke McGrath
10. Cathal Marsh
11. Isa Nacewa
12. Noel Reid
13. Ben Teo
14. Fergus McFadden
15. Zane Kirchner

i'm sure we will be strengthened with players needing gametime but that will be the base XV.
We'll have Ringrose in the squad – initially at least.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

hugonaut wrote:
goreyguy wrote:So...

1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Ross Molony
6. Dominic Ryan
7. Dan Leavy
9. Luke McGrath
10. Cathal Marsh
11. Isa Nacewa
12. Noel Reid
13. Ben Teo
14. Fergus McFadden
15. Zane Kirchner

We'll have Ringrose in the squad – initially at least.
oops fixed
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I wonder if Cian Healy and Mike Ross will be available to us for the Zebre game on Feb 12th? I suspect that vd Flier will be available for most of our games too.

Could well see Goreyguy's line-up for the game against the Dragons on Jan 29th though.

Think it's a big plus for us to give Te'o and Ringrose a few more outings in the centre.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

cormac wrote:I wonder if Cian Healy and Mike Ross will be available to us for the Zebre game on Feb 12th? I suspect that vd Flier will be available for most of our games too.

Could well see Goreyguy's line-up for the game against the Dragons on Jan 29th though.

Think it's a big plus for us to give Te'o and Ringrose a few more outings in the centre.
in the short term maybe..
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:I wonder if Cian Healy and Mike Ross will be available to us for the Zebre game on Feb 12th? I suspect that vd Flier will be available for most of our games too.

I think we might well get DK back too

only 5 props in Ireland squad so cant see us getting a TH back, but yeah reckon Ross at least back for Zebre
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

I reckon we'll have a good few of the squad for the Dragons game at least. A chance for fringe players to play their way in or out of the squad. I would be hopeful of the like of Furlong/ Moore, Cronin/ Strauss ( one out of the props and hookers ), JVDF and Madigan at least to be playing against them.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Would doubt that Jack Conan will be in Squad for Dragons, but Peader Timmons has been tearing up trees in A Team and may get a run at 8