Leinster v Bath: what's in it for us?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Bath: what's in it for us?

Post by simonokeeffe »

the development seems to be going well, he played prop for wolfpuppies I see but thought people here were saying he used to be a backrower?

still hope for Byrne
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

simonokeeffe wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
paddyor wrote: He was brilliant. Could've been in line for MOTM iuf he'd been on an extra 20mins. Have we finally produced a hooker?
seems like it and out of nowhere really.. makes sense that it's a player converted from another position in this case a prop.
when was Tracy converted to hooker?
When he fell behind with the rent.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:the development seems to be going well, he played prop for wolfpuppies I see but thought people here were saying he used to be a backrower?

still hope for Byrne
not that i know of
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Bogger wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:It didn't seem to come up in the interview with Leo what he thought about his job hanging by a thread?

You are full of nonsense.
Cretans on the loose ...you go searching for comments I made in 2009 you obviously have more time on your hands than sense ...not even taking context into consideration...keyboard warrior... try going to a few games will ye would be good for you get out of that room :mullet 4:

Did I see you in Toulon this year? Maybe you were beside me in Thomond?
You lose faith in management consistently - that's the point of the last post.
You don't think we are playing better rugby this year than the previous two.
Nonsense.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

rosscarrick wrote:
Bogger wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:It didn't seem to come up in the interview with Leo what he thought about his job hanging by a thread?

You are full of nonsense.
Cretans on the loose ...you go searching for comments I made in 2009 you obviously have more time on your hands than sense ...not even taking context into consideration...keyboard warrior... try going to a few games will ye would be good for you get out of that room :mullet 4:

Did I see you in Toulon this year? Maybe you were beside me in Thomond?
You lose faith in management consistently - that's the point of the last post.
You don't think we are playing better rugby this year than the previous two.
Nonsense.
Thought you were ignoring me !!! ...I never sought your comment from get go so why don't you just do what you said you would do ....You Need to Grow Up and accept that other people can have a different point of view...doubt very much you go to any game let alone Toulon or Thomond ...but if you do well done ...now go away as you promised :green clap:
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Sure, why not have a rugby chat at a game. I'm always in the same place before home games.
I'll PM you.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

rosscarrick wrote:Sure, why not have a rugby chat at a game. I'm always in the same place before home games.
I'll PM you.
Classic Mills & Boon.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

blockhead wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:Sure, why not have a rugby chat at a game. I'm always in the same place before home games.
I'll PM you.
Classic Mills & Boon.
Haha, damn my lack of subtlety.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:
I'll PM you.
Classic Mills & Boon.
there is precedent

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Donny B. wrote:
Cianostays wrote:Sounds like it was a fantastic performance from all the team. From the kids to the vets, it's wonderful to hear they all stepped up a level. Very encouraging for our matches during the Six Nations. Leo and his team could actually be up to the job. Delighted.
You and Mrs Cianostays were missed on the terrace. We had noisy interlopers from Bath. The banter was crackling and you would have loved it!!
Very dissappointing to here they got past security ;). We toasted the boys over a glass of Malbec and a nice steak :lol:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Well LRIP has done the player review better than I could do it, but I think Mike Mccarthy needs special mention. He was a warrior out there and he had our set piece humming as well as his usual dog in the loose.

Barring our maul defence (and offence now I think of it) that was a very complete performance against a team who should have been spitting fire at kickoff but who folded like an origami bunk bed by the end. Delighted for the owner in particular.

Chapeau to Give and Leo on the attack game. Thought our running depth and lines were the best in a while. Especially seeing forwards coming around the corner and hitting the ball at pace is something we've rarely seen in the past 24 months or so.

Tracy, Dooley and Molony.... wow. Dooley had a terrific first quarter, Tracy had an awesome spell himself and Molony looked born for it all game long.

You look at Ben Teo and the way he has progressed over two years into a top union centre and you wonder... what other team in Europe would let that guy walk out after investing the time and seeing him become a force at the European standard?

Kirchner looked better than Kearney at fullback for this one game. The dropoff when he's put on the wing is strangely dramatic.

Anyway, really buzzing still after a great performance. Not so much the standard of the oppo, but the intensity , the offload game, the cohesion and the young lads showing that the pipeline is as good as any in Europe.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

mikey wrote:anyone any links to a download of the game ? We could not be there and cant access any of the sky on demand stuff as we are out of the UK at present and my cloaking device is blocked in the hotel!
It's up on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMo2ZOVR1xU
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

jezzer wrote:Well LRIP has done the player review better than I could do it, but I think Mike Mccarthy needs special mention. He was a warrior out there and he had our set piece humming as well as his usual dog in the loose.

Barring our maul defence (and offence now I think of it) that was a very complete performance against a team who should have been spitting fire at kickoff but who folded like an origami bunk bed by the end. Delighted for the owner in particular.

Chapeau to Give and Leo on the attack game. Thought our running depth and lines were the best in a while. Especially seeing forwards coming around the corner and hitting the ball at pace is something we've rarely seen in the past 24 months or so.

Tracy, Dooley and Molony.... wow. Dooley had a terrific first quarter, Tracy had an awesome spell himself and Molony looked born for it all game long.

You look at Ben Teo and the way he has progressed over two years into a top union centre and you wonder... what other team in Europe would let that guy walk out after investing the time and seeing him become a force at the European standard?

Kirchner looked better than Kearney at fullback for this one game. The dropoff when he's put on the wing is strangely dramatic.

Anyway, really buzzing still after a great performance. Not so much the standard of the oppo, but the intensity , the offload game, the cohesion and the young lads showing that the pipeline is as good as any in Europe.
folded like an origami bunk bed
Looks like you had too much Stuart Robson over the weekend jezzer.

Great performance from the kids though, very encouraging for the future. Ruddock contiually went into contact too high and was pushed back a lot which halted our progress in their 22. That was really the only worrying aspect of the game, our inablity to score from many oppourtunities from close in.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Just watching that replay and thought it worth repeating how good Kirchner was in this outing. One player that seems to cop a lot of flack but he was brilliant at FB for us vs Bath.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Logorrhea wrote:Just watching that replay and thought it worth repeating how good Kirchner was in this outing. One player that seems to cop a lot of flack but he was brilliant at FB for us vs Bath.
Agreed. In fairness, all bar Madigan and Murphy had 7/10+ games.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jezzer wrote:You look at Ben Teo and the way he has progressed over two years into a top union centre and you wonder... what other team in Europe would let that guy walk out after investing the time and seeing him become a force at the European standard?
theyre giving him literally twice as much money and he can play for England, there's a lot to compete with there
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Considering how well he is going, I hope Teo is enjoying how the game now. I hope he realises it will not be as much fun in england even if he is being paid more. He will be a massive loss - our worst performances have been when he was absent.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

I've kinda stopped worrying what he thinks. Its kinda like a breakup where we find ourselves hoping that the ex comes to realise that yer man with the yacht and huge house in Foxrock wont compensate for your whit and mediocre looks.

I'm sure he's enjoyed himself here but he's gone and he wont be back. Good luck to him and I sincerely hopes it works out for him both financially and with his new international team.

The stupid cow!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

jezzer wrote:Well LRIP has done the player review better than I could do it, but I think Mike Mccarthy needs special mention. He was a warrior out there and he had our set piece humming as well as his usual dog in the loose.

One small emendment.
Teo development very slow last season.
It is Girve who has knocked him into chapeau.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.