Leinster v Bath: what's in it for us?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Bath: what's in it for us?

Post by Gearzbox2 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It wasn't perfect so not getting carried away, but I really enjoyed that and was delighted with the majority of the performance.

Dooley - barely tested in the scrums, not sure I can remember so few scrums in one half, but excellent in the loose. Really had a brilliant start.

Tracy - brilliant in every respect. Basics were excellent (although thought he got away with some dodgy throws), got at least one great turnover and showed brilliant hands to put Isa away down the right. Would have been MOTM if he'd stayed on longer IMO.

Furlong - easy to forget how young he is because of the other guys in today's team, he was also really good. Showed serious gas to keep up with Isa after that break mentioned above and was really powerful in defence.

Molony - showed great feet to make yards in contact every time, won at least two lineouts on opposition throws, tackled everything that moved. Basically a perfect performance and deserved MOTM. Has to be 3rd choice for the rest of the season now and will hopefully be a big asset during the 6N.

McCarthy - big hits in defence and noticeable that the scrum deteriorated without him. Even with all the front row changes, think it's obvious how much he improves our scrum.

Ruddock - think he might have been reading the comments on here about his debut and decided to go back to his upright carrying ways. Good workrate to get on the ball and keep things ticking over but don't think he was as good as usual.

Murphy and VDF - thought both had really similar games, good in the first half and less prominent in the second. Jordi's first half was an improvement on recent games but still nowhere near his best.

McGrath - caught once at the base and still looked slightly laboured to me when he was bending down. Definitely think he's carrying an injury and that strapping on his leg is huge, has to be prohibitive. That said, I thought he played really well. Passing was pretty much always on the money, made one huge hit that forced a pass which was then knocked on, did brilliantly to recover a loose ball on the deck, and ripped one of their big ball carriers in our 22 which stopped a potential try and then had the composure and presence of mind to start a counter attack.

Madigan - got better as the game went on and his kicking was good, but very poor overall in open play. Disappointing considering the platform he got, although he did some good stuff too. Basically a typical performance with a couple of bonus errors throw in.

Te'o - excellent. Looked far more comfortable at 12 this time, carried brilliantly and showed some subtle touches and made good dummy runs too. Looking forward to himself and Ringrose continuing this partnership during the 6N.

Ringrose - top class on both sides of the ball. Constant threat, brilliant in defence, can go himself and also bring others into play...he's got the lot.

Kearney - in much better form now. A threat in attack and strong in contact, outstanding play to deny Bath the try.

Isa - looking much sharper in attack and his usual huge effort in defence. His influence on the younger lads is obvious.

Kirchener - probably his best game for Leinster, way more physical and decisive than usual in the first half in partcular. If he keeps that up he'll be a huge asset. Thought he was good against Munster too, hope it continues.

bench - Cronin was great in the loose but apart from that I thought they were all really disappointing. Well, most of them were fine, but didn't offer much impact really, not the kind of impact you'd expect from seasoned internationals replacing youngsters who'd played well. Reddan blew a certain try by going himself when we had numbers out wide. Cronin's place really is under threat, I reckon that's why he went a bit mad after scoring.

Coaches - deserve huge credit for backing this side and getting them to play so well.

Has to be said that Bath didn't show up and that we were wasteful in the 22 again, plus the scrum looks poor without McCarthy. So lots to work on but still really happy with the performance and expect us to kick on further. I would replace most if not all of the kids next week though. Get the internationals back to prove their worth and earn their places with Ireland, then play the kids again against the Dragons.
Bit harsh to say Cronin went crazy, the guy seemed pumped to score his sides ONLY try....give the guy a break

I do agree he's under pressure though, Tracy was immense but to ridicule a who's scored a superb try is wrong
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

nc6000 wrote:Match highlights here.....

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 25-11-bath

Much obliged sah
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Bogger wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:
Bogger wrote:we need to kill them and start building the habit of winning ...Leo needs it more than anything else as his tenure ship hangs by a thread....we don't want to end up like Axel !!
Silly comment - his tenure is not hanging by anything.
We are playing the best rugby in three years.

We want to win this game because we want to win games.
You are totally deluded or a fool...winning a few games in the Rabo hardly counts for much these days.....getting our asses handed to us in Europe against average English teams and under par Toulon places us in our real position. Best rugby in three years hardly based on the games I have been at !!! ..its that's kind of thinking that will have us all happy with mediocrity...I hope it works out fro Leo I really do but he's a long way to go before we could consider his tenure ship secure.
You need to keep your head down and try build some credibility on here.
I don't mean to be harsh with you, as you could be a 12 year boy who has just gone into big school and found out they have a rugby team. You may have just come home from buying a mouth guard and new boots.
I don't want to hurt your confidence but you need to open your eyes and watch more rugby.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Shots fired
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A word please for Zane K last night. In the first 90 seconds he got through as much work as he has done all season, and looked solid and incisive throughout the game.
Hope he can continue in that vein.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

not to aggravate the durty minded but I think Luke suffered from a lack of protection

Te'o butchered another overlap by not being able to throw a simple two handed 5 yard pass
And Madigan's intercept was bad too

other than that, cockahoop
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Report

Leinster faced Bath at the RDS already out of the Champions Cup and with the English side needing a win to keep their hopes alive. Since the European defeats of earlier in the season, Leinster's form has improved in the league and most Leinsterfans will have been excited to see the young team given their chance. With the result immaterial to Leinster it was a chance for the younger players to gain valuable experience at this level and to show Leinsterfans that the future is bright.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

You need to keep your head down and try build some credibility on here.
I don't mean to be harsh with you, as you could be a 12 year boy who has just gone into big school and found out they have a rugby team. You may have just come home from buying a mouth guard and new boots.
I don't want to hurt your confidence but you need to open your eyes and watch more rugby.[/quote]
Not at all my naïve friend...I was at game great buzz...was that you on at half time playing with the minis !!!...I was really happy with some of the performances and Bath look fairly callow...I wont be jumping on your bandwagon just yet, I need more convincing !!!
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

It didn't seem to come up in the interview with Leo what he thought about his job hanging by a thread?

You are full of nonsense.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Last edited by rosscarrick on January 17th, 2016, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Bogger wrote:I am losing faith in this management team....that Whitaker passes water faster than he passes the ball is obvious to all...he has no break and its hard to see how he leads as captain (disgrace young willis was let go North), but Isa is no 10 (great player yes) but I fear for us...even if we manage to get a win (no bonus point for us here) and wasps manage a win we get thorugh by the skin of our teeth...we will be put to the sword in the next round if the mangement continue to be so short sighted.

Anyway I'll be there like the eejit I am cheering them on !!! :happy clapper:

Here is a quote from you in Jan 2009.
Utter nonsense and now I'm going to hide you from my feed.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

The odds are good but the goods are odd.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

#
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

rosscarrick wrote:
Bogger wrote:I am losing faith in this management team....that Whitaker passes water faster than he passes the ball is obvious to all...he has no break and its hard to see how he leads as captain (disgrace young willis was let go North), but Isa is no 10 (great player yes) but I fear for us...even if we manage to get a win (no bonus point for us here) and wasps manage a win we get thorugh by the skin of our teeth...we will be put to the sword in the next round if the mangement continue to be so short sighted.

run away little boy run away !!! :happy clapper:
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

rosscarrick wrote:It didn't seem to come up in the interview with Leo what he thought about his job hanging by a thread?

You are full of nonsense.
Cretans on the loose ...you go searching for comments I made in 2009 you obviously have more time on your hands than sense ...not even taking context into consideration...keyboard warrior... try going to a few games will ye would be good for you get out of that room :mullet 4:
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Donny B. wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Certainly I've already been very impressed with Moloney and Tracy so far this season.
You've been closing your eyes when he throws in have you?
Did you keep your eyes open tonight? :D
He was brilliant. Could've been in line for MOTM iuf he'd been on an extra 20mins. Have we finally produced a hooker?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

paddyor wrote: He was brilliant. Could've been in line for MOTM iuf he'd been on an extra 20mins. Have we finally produced a hooker?
seems like it and out of nowhere really.. makes sense that it's a player converted from another position in this case a prop.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:
paddyor wrote: He was brilliant. Could've been in line for MOTM iuf he'd been on an extra 20mins. Have we finally produced a hooker?
seems like it and out of nowhere really.. makes sense that it's a player converted from another position in this case a prop.
when was Tracy converted to hooker?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

rosscarrick wrote:

Actually Bogger was more right than wrong.
Whitaker - Correct.
Isa - Correct, he's still no OH.
Willis - A tie. Pity about injury cos he looked a great prospect.
Last edited by Oldschool on January 17th, 2016, 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
when was Tracy converted to hooker?
Autumn 2013? Maybe 2014?