Re: Big Marty off to Wasps?

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Ideal mentor
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Nucifora will need to be careful.

It would make life hard for the provinces if it became a common route to stretch to re-sign players who leave.

Beirne is taking a pay cut to move to Munster, but there’s still a risk in targeting leavers too aggressively.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ulster would either need to buy out the last year of his contract (think hes on a 3 year deal) or hope Wasps would let him :lol: go :lol: for :lol: free :lol:

Between Moore, Herbst, and Ah You the physios will be well worked on and off the pitch
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Given the big bucks he's on, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wasps assented to his early departure in order to offload his salary costs.

Ulster are arguably the least in need, Ah You has improved a lot and Herbst is usually a solid scrummager even in the Champions' Cup. Connacht's tight-heads are poor. Looking to Munster, Archer is fine in the Pro 14 but not really at Champions' Cup level, and even John Ryan, while generally a better ball carrier and a better scrummager, isn't exactly setting the world alight these days (dropped for the last two games after the horrendous missed tackle vs. Leinster).

I'd say given the 'confluence of need', he'll almost certainly be back in Ireland post 2019 RWC, or perhaps earlier if Wasps release him from his contract.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote:Nucifora will need to be careful.

It would make life hard for the provinces if it became a common route to stretch to re-sign players who leave.

Beirne is taking a pay cut to move to Munster, but there’s still a risk in targeting leavers too aggressively.
OTOH Nucifora needs to be ambitious and glean all that can be gleaned from one of Dai's proteges. Howaya Marty!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Do player's agents post here?
Just an idle thought.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:Given the big bucks he's on, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wasps assented to his early departure in order to offload his salary costs.

Ulster are arguably the least in need, Ah You has improved a lot and Herbst is usually a solid scrummager even in the Champions' Cup. Connacht's tight-heads are poor. Looking to Munster, Archer is fine in the Pro 14 but not really at Champions' Cup level, and even John Ryan, while generally a better ball carrier and a better scrummager, isn't exactly setting the world alight these days (dropped for the last two games after the horrendous missed tackle vs. Leinster).

I'd say given the 'confluence of need', he'll almost certainly be back in Ireland post 2019 RWC, or perhaps earlier if Wasps release him from his contract.
he was subbed off early (halftiume?) against us with injury and has only been on the bench since as he's still carrying that knock and theyve no other genuine options
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

neiliog93 wrote:Given the big bucks he's on, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wasps assented to his early departure in order to offload his salary costs.

Wasps are losing a 7 figure sum every year and they recently had to refinance their debt as they couldn't meet a commitment to pay their bondholders reneging on a commitment to repay them by 2022. English clubs are an absolute mess and Wasps are no different. Think only 2 make any money at all. When you run over that much you have to cut costs (as the IRFU have with reducing central contracts). A guy like Marty on 300k a year in a position where you could probably pull in a Georgian for half the price could be a prime target for offloading.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He wouldn’t be rushing to take a big pay cut so it’s moot
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Marty is bang in the middle of a 3 year contract AFAIK. He could sign for Munster or Ulster from the end of this season and perhaps Wasps (as was said above) would release him from the final year with no financial payment given their money worries.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

johng wrote:Marty is bang in the middle of a 3 year contract AFAIK. He could sign for Munster or Ulster from the end of this season and perhaps Wasps (as was said above) would release him from the final year with no financial payment given their money worries.
Biggest question is will he come out as a Lunster???
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
johng wrote:Marty is bang in the middle of a 3 year contract AFAIK. He could sign for Munster or Ulster from the end of this season and perhaps Wasps (as was said above) would release him from the final year with no financial payment given their money worries.
Biggest question is will he come out as a Lunster???
He'll be off Reggie and Drico's Chrimbo card list so; they hate Lunsters about as much as I hate restraint at Christmas dinner
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

One of these days an Ulster/Munster interpro will have more "GOYS" on the teamsheets than their own local lads.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

mildlyinterested wrote:Marty Moore to Ulster

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -1-8258621
Good move for both parties. I was very impressed with Ah You when last time we played Ulster he was decent in the scrum and certainly got about the pitch. If Ah You can be ‘mentored’ to this level it bodes well for big Marty if he can buckle down.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Wasps have confirmed it on thier site.
On the news, Marty Moore added, “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Wasps so far and I’ve learned a lot from playing in the Premiership against some quality front row combinations. I feel that experience has benefited my game massively and I’m looking forward to playing as big a part as I can for Wasps for the rest of the season.

“Next season, I will look forward to the challenge of playing for Ulster and having the opportunity to work with a few familiar faces. Until then my focus will be on what we can achieve at Wasps this season.”
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

mildlyinterested wrote:Marty Moore to Ulster

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -1-8258621

I know they're in a tight spot at Fly Half with Lealiifano's confirmed departure, but they're getting a little desperate.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Hopefully, he doesn't discover Yellowman, Fifteens and Boxty.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »