Big Marty off to Wasps?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Big Marty off to Wasps?

Post by simonokeeffe »

going by team sheets Marty seems to be starting every second week/rotating, be interesting to see if they keep that up for europe
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

That's more or less what Marty said in recent interview with print media.

Coverage of Wasps in Aviva Highlights packages on BT Sports shows him scrumaging really well when he plays and tackling and mauling stronger than ever. Haven't seen him carry but closein defence as been excellent. Certainly couldnt ignore him as a contender with White now retired but Ross, Furlong and Bealham ahead of him as Irish-based current internationals.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

This time next year Herbst will be in line also
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:This time next year Herbst will be in line also
if Herbst is picked ahead of him then you know there really is a fatwa against overseas based players
Bluebulls
Beginner

Post by Bluebulls »

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Bluebulls wrote:Dai Young seems pretty impressed.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... arty-moore
what else is he going to say? I'll be interested to see if he starts in europe.

seems like they addressed his fitness problems at least.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Thats good for Marty, but Dai has been ignorant about IRB & AP release policies before and is again
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simonokeeffe wrote:

Thats good for Marty, but Dai has been ignorant about IRB & AP release policies before and is again
Fair play to him getting a bit of press but he's out of sight out of mind IMO and unless you're Sexton levels of importance or the second coming of bod the local lad who stays in Ireland and fights for his pace deserves to get the nod for the green jersey. That's how it should and does work, simple.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Marty might be available for Soldier Field after all, PRL look set to release Welsh players for their early test as its an LV Cup weekend
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simonokeeffe wrote:Marty might be available for Soldier Field after all, PRL look set to release Welsh players for their early test as its an LV Cup weekend
Something tells me he's out of sight out of mind. There are enough options toggling out for Irish teams.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

TerenureJim wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Marty might be available for Soldier Field after all, PRL look set to release Welsh players for their early test as its an LV Cup weekend
Something tells me he's out of sight out of mind. There are enough options toggling out for Irish teams.
Possibli, less so if theyre moving on from Ross, even then though looling at 3rd choice

Interesting a few clubs seem prepared to throw down over this
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

simonokeeffe wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Possibli, less so if theyre moving on from Ross, even then though looling at 3rd choice

Interesting a few clubs seem prepared to throw down over this
Marty injured today early in Wasps game v Newcastle. Long (8 minute) delay as all Medics attended to suspected neck injury and ensured his removal from pitch was as careful as possible.

Let's hope its totally precautionary
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dai Young said he had neck pain but no symptoms in his arms or legs so thats some good news, but hopefully hes back soon

UPDATE: released from hospital today, tweeting that hes ok
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Slightly off topic, but Jimmy Gopperth seems to be making team of the week every week this season.
I quite liked Jimmy, just felt the gameplan he was forced to play was terrible. Certainly seems that MOC didn't get the best out of him.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Laighin Break wrote:Slightly off topic, but Jimmy Gopperth seems to be making team of the week every week this season.
I quite liked Jimmy, just felt the gameplan he was forced to play was terrible. Certainly seems that MOC didn't get the best out of him.
Also been playing at 12 mostly and 15 with Cipriani starting at 10...only 2 starts at 10
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Laighin Break wrote:Slightly off topic, but Jimmy Gopperth seems to be making team of the week every week this season.
Not only Jimmy but quite a few more as well :(
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I see Marty was a 68th minute sub for an understrength Wasps side up in Kingspan tonight. Regardless of the spondulicks, it has been a disastrous career move for him. He could do a job out West but no doubt Munster will be given the first option if he ever decides to cut his losses and have a go at trying to salvage his international career.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

enby wrote:I see Marty was a 68th minute sub for an understrength Wasps side up in Kingspan tonight. Regardless of the spondulicks, it has been a disastrous career move for him. He could do a job out West but no doubt Munster will be given the first option if he ever decides to cut his losses and have a go at trying to salvage his international career.
Sad to say a transfer to Bristol (or whatever next years' money team is) and a good fund manager is probably a better percentage for him
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think his best career move would be to come back to Ireland on a pay as you play deal with Joe chasing him around the training pitch and out of McDonald's.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up because there is no way Wasps will pay him as much again and can't imagine he'll get a great deal elsewhere (although some French team will probably be blinded by his CV). I foresee a move to Munster where the consensus is that "if he knuckles down and stays fit he could be an excellent signing", when in reality neither of those things will happen.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I think his best career move would be to come back to Ireland on a pay as you play deal with Joe chasing him around the training pitch and out of McDonald's.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up because there is no way Wasps will pay him as much again and can't imagine he'll get a great deal elsewhere (although some French team will probably be blinded by his CV). I foresee a move to Munster where the consensus is that "if he knuckles down and stays fit he could be an excellent signing", when in reality neither of those things will happen.
I think he might end up at a Worcester. Unless he bucks up we dont need him and he would be on a low deal if he returned