Team for Bath

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Team for Bath

Post by bails »

Very suprised and dissappointed with the Team Selection fot the Bath game

This is the supposed Premier competition and by us resting so many fit players, it demeans the competition
Great that you lads get development oppurtunities but must it all be in the one game. And what about us the supporters paying hard earned cash. Do we ever get to see our strongest line ip, we seem to be resting players every game. Its surely not too much to ask to see our best side in the premier competition

Seriously evaluating my season ticket, as i believe we are being short changed. Woul the money saved be better going on International tickets
nc6000
Mullet

Re: Team for Bath

Post by nc6000 »

Including the team would be handy.......

LEINSTER:

15. Zane Kirchner
14. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Ben Te'o
11. Dave Kearney
10. Ian Madigan
9. Luke McGrath
1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Ross Molony
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jordi Murphy

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack McGrath
18. Marty Moore
19. Tom Denton
20. Sean O'Brien
21. Eoin Reddan
22. Johnny Sexton
23. Noel Reid

Referee: Pascal Gauzere (France)
Touch Judge 1: Maxime Chalon (France)
Touch Judge 2: Jean-Luc Rebollal (France)
TMO: Eric Gonthier (France)
Citing Commissioner: Alberto Recaldini (Italy)
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

bails wrote:This is the supposed Premier competition and by us resting so many fit players, it demeans the competition
I think Bath's owner has already done enough to demean the competition.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

nc6000 wrote:
bails wrote:This is the supposed Premier competition and by us resting so many fit players, it demeans the competition
I think Bath's owner has already done enough to demean the competition.
+1. Some people want to see the kids play, some want to see the full team out; Can't please everyone... It's a long season any chance to rest key players should be taken.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

bails wrote:Very suprised and dissappointed with the Team Selection fot the Bath game

This is the supposed Premier competition and by us resting so many fit players, it demeans the competition
Great that you lads get development oppurtunities but must it all be in the one game. And what about us the supporters paying hard earned cash. Do we ever get to see our strongest line ip, we seem to be resting players every game. Its surely not too much to ask to see our best side in the premier competition

Seriously evaluating my season ticket, as i believe we are being short changed. Woul the money saved be better going on International tickets
This, in particular, made me laugh. Get a grip
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its just a bit of hyperbaile
I have Bumbleflex
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Ideally I would have liked us to play all our internationals, as they won't be available for the next couple of months anyway.
However given the IRFU's ridiculous rules regarding limits on player gametime, the decision to rest them for what is a meaningless game is a clear no-brainer
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Its just a bit of hyperbaile
Hyperbaile Átha Cliath, peut-etre?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Its just a bit of hyperbaile
:happy clapper:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'm actually way more excited for and interested in this game now than I would be if it were a full side tbh.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote:I'm actually way more excited for and interested in this game now than I would be if it were a full side tbh.
Mise freisin!!!
papachino
Graduate

Post by papachino »

I'm actually very happy with that team, we finally get to see the young lads front up against a decent team.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

bails wrote:Very suprised and dissappointed with the Team Selection fot the Bath game

Much and all as I'm frustrated by the selection saying that we as STHs are being short changed on the back of 1 single game is a bit much. And to reconsider your season ticket, after Leinster have quite clearly shown they are on an upward curve, over just one game is a bit dramatic no?

I can certainly understand a more casual fan who isn't a STH feeling aggrieved. They've shelled out specifically for this game and if we're on the end of a heavy defeat I'm not sure I could blame some people for being a lot less willing to part with their hard earned in future. I mean even the French don't take the piss at home.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The argument shouldn't really be with the selection anyway, should be with the IRFU for limiting player availability.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The argument shouldn't really be with the selection anyway, should be with the IRFU for limiting player availability.
Is that what this is about though? They were never going to play in Coventry or Newport and we won't have any European knock-out games to play either. Plus the Glasgow game that was outside the international window has been rescheduled to March. So there are plenty of other rest weeks this season as it is.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

molloyjh wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The argument shouldn't really be with the selection anyway, should be with the IRFU for limiting player availability.
Is that what this is about though? They were never going to play in Coventry or Newport and we won't have any European knock-out games to play either. Plus the Glasgow game that was outside the international window has been rescheduled to March. So there are plenty of other rest weeks this season as it is.
May have something to do with it but at the end of the day we're targeting the league and we're out of the European Cup so making the league and the 6 Nations the priority makes sense to me. What you won't see is this XV capitulating in the way the French do. Lots of good players out there playing for spots or to catch Joe's eye.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

molloyjh wrote:
Yeah definitely, you just have to look at the team for last week. There's a certain amount of minutes the internationals can play, and we decided to play them last week instead of this one. That's Leo's call but the fact that he has to make it at all isn't his fault.

EDIT: I see no difference between resting players tomorrow or next week, and if you acknowledge that we had to rest them in at least one of the last two group games then I see no reason why you'd have an issue with it being tomorrow.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

molloyjh wrote:
I can see a strong team being sent to Newport
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

We lost back to back against dragons last year, that can't be allowed to continue. We were targeting Europe which is fair enough.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

After three league wins over the Christmas/New Year period, Leinster now have to complete their European fixtures. In competitive terms their two remaining games are meaningless as Leinster can't progress to the quarter-finals and they won't affect how Leinster are ranked in next year's tournament. However in more intangible terms, the games will still have meaning for Leinster and their players.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.