Leinster vs Zebre - 12 Feb - McKinley's return?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

BoscoBoy
Beginner

Re: Leinster vs Zebre - 12 Feb - McKinley's return?

Post by BoscoBoy »

Cronin and Ringrose in on the act now as well.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

52-0!
Can't ask for much more than that!
BoscoBoy
Beginner

Post by BoscoBoy »

Cian Kelleher with the last try. Will highlights be available anywhere?
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Pro12 Youtube channel have previously uploaded highlights from non-televised games. Time will tell!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Both the big screens were operating with limited camera work so they should have something. Not a lot to see here. When you beat a team 52-0 it says more about them than you.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

The Stadium announcer said highlights available on the Prp12 site on Sunday evening.
I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag in spite of the score. We must have mauled on the 5m line 6 or 7 times. Not one moved an inch forward
AidanSloan
Knowledgeable

Post by AidanSloan »

hope not expectation wrote: We must have mauled on the 5m line 6 or 7 times. Not one moved an inch forward
True, but there's no way the defending was legal. They were in from the side in the maul all match and the ref was very poor in that area.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

paddyor wrote:Both the big screens were operating with limited camera work so they should have something. Not a lot to see here. When you beat a team 52-0 it says more about them than you.
Yeah, only a try every 10mins. Cheer up paddy, you'll be along time dead.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

blockhead wrote:
paddyor wrote:Both the big screens were operating with limited camera work so they should have something. Not a lot to see here. When you beat a team 52-0 it says more about them than you.
Yeah, only a try every 10mins. Cheer up paddy, you'll be along time dead.

It was my friend's little fellas first Leinster game. He was over the moon with the result and with Mike Ross signing his ball
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

hope not expectation wrote:The Stadium announcer said highlights available on the Prp12 site on Sunday evening.
I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag in spite of the score. We must have mauled on the 5m line 6 or 7 times. Not one moved an inch forward
I knew our maul was bad but when you can't drive that mob over, you know it's really bad.

Obviously they weren't at the races but still nice to see young players scoring some nice tries.
Won both halves 26-0 which is nice symmetry!
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Very cold, damp night but obviously a big score put up and nothing conceded.
Some bright performances from Jordi, Ringrose and Moloney but Kelleher showed Hickie-like speed that we have sorely missed over the last few years. Young guns were very good.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Donny B. wrote:
hope not expectation wrote:The Stadium announcer said highlights available on the Prp12 site on Sunday evening.
I knew our maul was bad but when you can't drive that mob over, you know it's really bad.

Obviously they weren't at the races but still nice to see young players scoring some nice tries.
Won both halves 26-0 which is nice symmetry!
Should have been 27.5 - 0........I was disgusted we didn't take them 3 points!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Zebre really were dreadful so everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt but I really enjoyed that last night. It was wonderful to see us attack with some depth and pace. As others have said, it's been a little while since we've produced some real speedsters. I thought Jordi should have gotten MOTM tbh. Carried very well and was beginning to look like his old self. Kirchner was, again, very good. Who knew a Springbok International Fullback could be so good at playing Fullback :lol:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

That result also did wonders for our points scored/conceded differential - big time! Just have a look at the league table.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Cianostays wrote:Zebre really were dreadful so everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt but I really enjoyed that last night. It was wonderful to see us attack with some depth and pace. As others have said, it's been a little while since we've produced some real speedsters. I thought Jordi should have gotten MOTM tbh. Carried very well and was beginning to look like his old self. Kirchner was, again, very good. Who knew a Springbok International Fullback could be so good at playing Fullback :lol:
Playing well against Zebre should be a given. ZK has been shown up every time he's played against quality opposition.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Keith wrote:Playing well against Zebre should be a given. ZK has been shown up every time he's played against quality opposition.
Bollix. He's been playing well this year fairly consistently.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Was chatting at the match about whether this was the worst ever side to visit the RDS. We agreed that they were contenders but from memory the Cardiff blues side, a number of years ago, while virtually at full strenght, who conceeded 40 points in the first half to us , still retain that honour

The positives from last night. Hugely physical performance from back row, strong scrum and line out. Plenty of positives in the backs too. Luke McG looking the real deal, ZK with another acomplished perfor mance at Full back (at least he is contributing now). Pace from Kelliher. Nice finish from Adam Byrne.

Negatives were the problems going forward from line out maul, Cathal Marsh still has a tendency to run across the pitch, making it far easier to defend against, and ben T'eo needs to learn to pass the ball. Yes he is direct and physical but it becomes a bit too one dimensional.

All in all a nice night out !
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

FLIP wrote:Boss went off very early. What's happened there?
came down with a touch of Voodoo
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Really enjoyed the evening. Kelleher is the most beautifully balanced speedster I've seen in a long time - I hope the cameras got a good capture of his try. And while Zebre were poor, they certainly weren't holding back in the physicality stakes in the first half.
A proud Winsome Fluter
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

A rare treat for those who bothered to show up last night.... shame on you fair weather supporters !!
Cant complain about 8 tries / 52 -0 score, but im going to anyway....

still cant convert chances from 5 yards out when Defenses are set, and still cant maul... sure we can run them in from 25 M ( or 60 M where Kelleher was concerned)... but really... whether we were impeded illegally or not, we should have been able to convert a maul from 5 yards....especially against third rate opposition.
From what I can see, they find it impossible to change the point of attack, once the maul is held up at all. Surely this is something that Leo should be able to fix.