Cardiff v Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Cardiff v Leinster

Post by Dave Cahill »

molloyjh wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Just watching this again, Reddan really badly mismanaged the last 5 minutes or so.
Was it Redser? I don't really remember the last 5 mins with any great clarity. I thought our ball protection was just really bad off that last line out?
Yeah, he made a number of bad choices - tried to milk a pen off the back of a scrum after we disrupted two Cardiff lineouts on the five, kicked the ball away a couple of times too (it was one of those kicks for example that led to Murphys brainfart)
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Just watching this again, Reddan really badly mismanaged the last 5 minutes or so.
Was it Redser? I don't really remember the last 5 mins with any great clarity. I thought our ball protection was just really bad off that last line out?
Yeah, he made a number of bad choices - tried to milk a pen off the back of a scrum after we disrupted two Cardiff lineouts on the five, kicked the ball away a couple of times too (it was one of those kicks for example that led to Murphys brainfart)
"...one of those kicks..." was carried by the wind back to Reddan, which in turn led to the ruck, from which Conan made his dash up the left side-line and set Isa on his way for the only try of the match. Talk about lucky breaks.....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

riocard911 wrote:
"...one of those kicks..." was carried by the wind back to Reddan, which in turn led to the ruck, from which Conan made his dash up the left side-line and set Isa on his way for the only try of the match. Talk about lucky breaks.....
Bad decisions are bad decisions though. That the outcome goes in your favour one time doesn't make the decision right, or mean that the other 99 times it 'll go in your favour. Only by making the right choices can you maximise your chances of positive outcomes.
I have Bumbleflex
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yeah, he made a number of bad choices - tried to milk a pen off the back of a scrum after we disrupted two Cardiff lineouts on the five, kicked the ball away a couple of times too (it was one of those kicks for example that led to Murphys brainfart)
On review how did he go for the majority? I wouldn't be too bothered about him kicking away per se. Our defence had them well marshalled, but obviously that all depends on the circumstance and execution. It seemed like one of those days where you were probably better off playing without the ball for a lot of it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

molloyjh wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Yeah, he made a number of bad choices - tried to milk a pen off the back of a scrum after we disrupted two Cardiff lineouts on the five, kicked the ball away a couple of times too (it was one of those kicks for example that led to Murphys brainfart)
On review how did he go for the majority? I wouldn't be too bothered about him kicking away per se. Our defence had them well marshalled, but obviously that all depends on the circumstance and execution. It seemed like one of those days where you were probably better off playing without the ball for a lot of it.
He went as well as could be expected given the conditions, I'm not really trying to have a cut off him, it just struck me as I was watching the end of the match just there how poorly he managed things in those last vital few minutes- which is unusual for him.

Kudos too to Ferg for getting the blockdown in on an attempted DG - though it wasn't the most clinicially set up attempt I've ever seen, far from it.
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

On a day when the conditions made passing the ball more than a few metres very difficult, trying to pass the ball back into the wind sufficiently far to give the 10 any chance of successfully landing a drop goal was always going to be a low percentage play. Still both Reddan and McFadden did well to get the block in.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dave Cahill wrote:He went as well as could be expected given the conditions, I'm not really trying to have a cut off him, it just struck me as I was watching the end of the match just there how poorly he managed things in those last vital few minutes- which is unusual for him.

Kudos too to Ferg for getting the blockdown in on an attempted DG - though it wasn't the most clinicially set up attempt I've ever seen, far from it.
Was it Ferg or Redser that actually got the block in? I thought it was Reddan?

Yeah didn't think you were having a go or anything, I just find I always have a different opinion of a few things on second watching.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I thought Redden had a great game until he kicked the ball away with a minute and a half on the clock, when we should have just wound down the clock.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

jezzer wrote:I thought Redden had a great game until he kicked the ball away with a minute and a half on the clock, when we should have just wound down the clock.
That is Eoghan 's speciality
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Or Eoin/Owen/Eoighan
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Reddin?
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Peg Leg wrote:
jezzer wrote:I thought Redden had a great game until he kicked the ball away with a minute and a half on the clock, when we should have just wound down the clock.
That is Eoghan 's speciality
Totally. That guy has had more late game brainfarts than Italy.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LEINSTER (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Zane Kirchner (58)
14. Adam Byrne (3)
13. Garry Ringrose (13)
12. Ben Te'o (30)
11. Isa Nacewa (141) CAPTAIN
10. Cathal Marsh (10)
9. Luke McGrath (40)