Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Henshaw leaving Connacht

Post by Twist »

COYBIB
Enlightened

Re: Henshaw leaving Connacht

Post by COYBIB »

What a c~*k tease that they tell you he's leaving, but don't mention where...

It's surely Leinster, but please just confirm it, we could do with a bit of good news.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Murray Kinsella reporting Leinster...
http://www.the42.ie/robbie-henshaw-conn ... 2-Feb2016/
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Please let this happen.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Can't help but feel sorry for Connacht but that's a wonderful signing for us if he's coming to Leinster. An upgrade on any of our options at 12 for sure.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IT saying leinster too

theres a big name international signing for all those saying its not fair we dont get any :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Finally confirmation of something well realistically knew. He and Ringrose could be a tasty midfield next season. Henshaw playing regularly with Sexton can only help Ireland's midfield cohesion too.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Cianostays wrote:Can't help but feel sorry for Connacht but that's a wonderful signing for us if he's coming to Leinster. An upgrade on any of our options at 12 for sure.
We may need him at 15 going by Kearney's form!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

True, but I'd rather put Isa or even Dave Kearney there. Henshaw's feet and size and are better used at 12.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:Finally confirmation of something well realistically knew. He and Ringrose could be a tasty midfield next season. Henshaw playing regularly with Sexton can only help Ireland's midfield cohesion too.
might shut the door on McCloskey a little bit

Luke as our midfield cover, its too shabby at all
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Keith wrote:
Cianostays wrote:Can't help but feel sorry for Connacht but that's a wonderful signing for us if he's coming to Leinster. An upgrade on any of our options at 12 for sure.
We may need him at 15 going by Kearney's form!
Always handy to have cover but Kirchner has actually looked good at 15 for us this season.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
wprathead
Bookworm

Post by wprathead »

Henshaw is wasted at 12 - he is best at 13 and 15
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Has the bulk and skillset to play 12 though. It's rare enough.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

He really isn't wasted at 12. He has potential to be one of the best 12s in the world imo. Sure he can look flashier a bit wider but that doesn't mean it's the best use of his attributes or the best for the team.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

he can always play 13 when Ringrose is injured
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Pat Lam didn't say where Henshaw was going and Leo has rather bizarrely said it would be inappropriate for him to comment at the moment as Leinster are pursuing 'a few players'.

I would still imagine we're getting Henshaw but it puts a wee bit of doubt out there. Foley was similarly non-committal. Maybe Henshaw has confirmed his departure but is yet to decide between Leinster, Munster and suitors from abroad? But then again he himself did say more game time with Sexton would be good for his Ireland career.

Leo's comments are interesting. Maybe there is truth to the rumours about us pursuing a Japanese international and another player based in Japan who could become IQ (presumably of Southern Hemisphere origin).
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

I would say it's extremely unlikely that he would leave Ireland, but I'd say Munster are doing absolutely everything, up to and including begging, to get him down south and probably in major hissy fit wrangles with the IRFU. I wouldn't be surprised if dossiers were involved.

Make no mistake though, Leinster will be punished heavily for a Henshaw signing, more so than already having lost 3 front line players. I could see up to 6 fellas being sent south and west, from both academy and senior squad.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

COYBIB wrote:I would say it's extremely unlikely that he would leave Ireland, but I'd say Munster are doing absolutely everything, up to and including begging, to get him down south and probably in major hissy fit wrangles with the IRFU. I wouldn't be surprised if dossiers were involved.

Make no mistake though, Leinster will be punished heavily for a Henshaw signing, more so than already having lost 3 front line players. I could see up to 6 fellas being sent south and west, from both academy and senior squad.
I do not have a problem with some movement if the players want it and it will get them more game time. What I would object to is any of our guys being pressured to move by the IRFU just to help out another province. I know we have a bigger playing pool and the academy is stuffed with talent but a lot of that is down to good work by Leinster which was lacking elsewhere. Let the other provinces get their own academies working properly and they can have they guys who want to move and the pick of the guys who do not make our academy. There has to be some talent slipping through the net due to a lack of spaces in Leinster which could be taken up elsewhere.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

COYBIB wrote:I would say it's extremely unlikely that he would leave Ireland, but I'd say Munster are doing absolutely everything, up to and including begging, to get him down south and probably in major hissy fit wrangles with the IRFU. I wouldn't be surprised if dossiers were involved.

Interesting points. Would we be better off getting a top quality NIQ who we'd have all year or another player we're only going to have for only a handful of games? Don't get me wrong he's a great player but would be interesting if we had that choice which would you pick?
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Fireworks wrote:

I do not have a problem with some movement if the players want it and it will get them more game time. What I would object to is any of our guys being pressured to move by the IRFU just to help out another province. I know we have a bigger playing pool and the academy is stuffed with talent but a lot of that is down to good work by Leinster which was lacking elsewhere. Let the other provinces get their own academies working properly and they can have they guys who want to move and the pick of the guys who do not make our academy. There has to be some talent slipping through the net due to a lack of spaces in Leinster which could be taken up elsewhere.
Ultimately, players won't move if they don't want to. Madigan and Moore showed that they'd prefer to head abroad than be shipped to Munster.