Zebre v Leinster Sun 28 Feb

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sun 28 Feb

Post by neiliog93 »

I thought Dooley was outstanding against a gnarled Zebre side in terrible conditions. The guy can seriously carry the ball. Adam Byrne took his try brilliantly. He's in the Shane Horgan mould of big wingers, but a bit pacier. He's starting to deliver on all that early promise after going awry for a season or two. Cronin showed his customary ballast and considering the poor conditions and the second choice 2nd rows he was throwing to, did very well not to cough up any line-outs. Triggs had his best game for Leinster, very physical around the park, probably Dom Ryan's best game of the season too, he looked like his old self out there. Molony's impressive form continues, at this rate he could be challenging Mike Mac and Mick Kearney to partner Dev next season.

Very encouraging performance and a good result. With Ulster and Scarlets losing and Connacht having a tough run-in, we're surely favourites to top the league.

Delighted to see McKinely in action too, but my God, he shipped a couple of heavy hits. The perils of being an 85kg fly-half. Hayden Triggs and Isa in particular absolutely levelled him.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

cormac wrote:Hopefully that's not a serious knock for Ringrose
Spoke to him after the game when the players were heading off and he said he was fine and available for ospreys
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

neiliog93 wrote:I thought Dooley was outstanding against a gnarled Zebre side in terrible conditions. The guy can seriously carry the ball. Adam Byrne took his try brilliantly. He's in the Shane Horgan mould of big wingers, but a bit pacier. He's starting to deliver on all that early promise after going awry for a season or two. Cronin showed his customary ballast and considering the poor conditions and the second choice 2nd rows he was throwing to, did very well not to cough up any line-outs. Triggs had his best game for Leinster, very physical around the park, probably Dom Ryan's best game of the season too, he looked like his old self out there. Molony's impressive form continues, at this rate he could be challenging Mike Mac and Mick Kearney to partner Dev next season.

Very encouraging performance and a good result. With Ulster and Scarlets losing and Connacht having a tough run-in, we're surely favourites to top the league.

Delighted to see McKinely in action too, but my God, he shipped a couple of heavy hits. The perils of being an 85kg fly-half. Hayden Triggs and Isa in particular absolutely levelled him.
Agree totally. When we went down into the corner with only a couple of minutes to go looking for the WBP, at each of I think three line outs in total there was me thinking, "Cronin's gonna mess this up..." But hey, fair play to him, he didn't. And we got over the whitewash with maybe our best - I know there hasn't many good ones - rolling maul of the season. Think the coaches will be happy with that performance; they should be.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Im particularly please with this and the other performances during the six Nations. This is exactly what we were missing last year, The current '2nd choice' and NIQ players stepping up and taking full advantage of the situation. Absolutely brilliant from all concerned... the only thing that slightly concerns me, is that a lot of these 2nd Choice players , will have played themselves into being first choice in the future :(
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Massive applause has to be given to Isa I think. He makes such a difference both on and off the pitch. So calm on it and my god does he get the younger lads in the right frame of mind during this period. The 6 Nations period use to be what set Leinster apart from the other teams with their consistency, another win against the ospreys and it will be back to Joe Schmidt levels of performance. Surely there's a role in the Leinster coaching staff for Nacewa after he retires in a years time?
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Missed the game as I was travelling. Great to hear about the young guys playing so well. As a mater of interest how did McKinley do for Zebre?
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

riocard911 wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:I thought Dooley was outstanding against a gnarled Zebre side in terrible conditions. The guy can seriously carry the ball. Adam Byrne took his try brilliantly. He's in the Shane Horgan mould of big wingers, but a bit pacier. He's starting to deliver on all that early promise after going awry for a season or two. Cronin showed his customary ballast and considering the poor conditions and the second choice 2nd rows he was throwing to, did very well not to cough up any line-outs. Triggs had his best game for Leinster, very physical around the park, probably Dom Ryan's best game of the season too, he looked like his old self out there. Molony's impressive form continues, at this rate he could be challenging Mike Mac and Mick Kearney to partner Dev next season.

Agree totally. When we went down into the corner with only a couple of minutes to go looking for the WBP, at each of I think three line outs in total there was me thinking, "Cronin's gonna mess this up..." But hey, fair play to him, he didn't. And we got over the whitewash with maybe our best - I know there hasn't many good ones - rolling maul of the season. Think the coaches will be happy with that performance; they should be.
Thought Cronin was excellent when he came on, few massive hits and scrum squeezed 2 penalties for us....and yeh he hit his man every time....
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Two somewhat unpopular guys that really stood up yesterday were Zane and Dom Ryan.
Ryan was everywhere, one of his best performances in a Leinster shirt, and Zane looks like the tidy international fullback that we were supposed to have signed. He's playing well at the moment.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote:Two somewhat unpopular guys that really stood up yesterday were Zane and Dom Ryan.
Ryan was everywhere, one of his best performances in a Leinster shirt, and Zane looks like the tidy international fullback that we were supposed to have signed. He's playing well at the moment.
Dom Ryan prevented a deffo Zebre try in the second half with a massive tackle five meters from our line after Adam Byrne's man had managed to get by him. He also scored the best try of the match in the first half, finishing off a fantastic piece of hard running and good offloading by the lads!!!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ryan lifting up a Zebre player a la Tony Buckley was fantastic to see, thought he went really well. Jordi very good too and hope he stays away from 7.

It's been a while since I saw much spark in Adam Byrne but thought he was very good too in difficult conditions for a winger to shine.