Zebre v Leinster Sun 28 Feb

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Zebre v Leinster Sun 28 Feb

Post by cormac »

Tadhg Furlong has a thigh injury and isn't in the Ireland squad. Healy and Ross have been called up and both are going to feature against England by the looks of it, as James Cronin is no longer in the Ireland squad. Jordi Murphy also called up in place of SOB.

Leaves us fairly light in the front row, especially if Furlong doesn't recover in time for Sunday. On the flip side we should get one of Cronin or Strauss back for the match. Should get at least one of vd Flier, Ruddock or Murphy back too.

Looking at something like: 15 Kirchner, 14 Byrne, 13 Ringrose, 12 Te'o, 11 Nacewa, 10 Marsh, 9 McGrath; 1 Dooley, 2 Tracy, 3 Furlong/Bent, 4 Kearney, 5 Triggs, 6 Ryan, 7 vd Flier/Leavy, 8 Conan

16 Cronin/Strauss, 17 Loughman, 18 Bent/Furlong/Heffernan, 19 Molony, 20 vd Flier/Leavy, 21 Boss/McCarthy, 22 Reid, 23 Kelleher
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sun 28 Feb

Post by curates_egg »

Surely Joe will have to bite the bullet and put Jackson in the 23? That way we would get Madigan. Not sure about the hookers. Herring was let go today. Both might be kept in London. The fact it is a Sunday game is in our favour.
Zebre will be missing all their internationals again, so we really should be going for the 5 points. That is certainly what I am expecting.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Unfortunately I didn't see the match, but by the sound of things Jackson didn't do himself any favours against the Scarlets.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd reckon we might see VDF, Molony, Tracy all starting this one.
Would be interested to see Molony and Kearney in the row.
Only real worry is front row.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

riocard911 wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the match, but by the sound of things Jackson didn't do himself any favours against the Scarlets.
He made some questionable decisions as captain, deciding to kick three or four penalties up the line instead of going for goal. I thought his general play was good though - he kicked his goals beautifully (one off the right touchline for Marshall's try) and made a few half breaks. Maybe he could have chipped over the Scarlets' defence a bit, because they were having trouble breaking them down in phase play
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

riocard911 wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the match, but by the sound of things Jackson didn't do himself any favours against the Scarlets.
He had a bit of a mixed bag. In his defence playing outside Paul Marshall is like having one hand tied behind your back.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
leinsterforever
Mullet

wixfjord wrote:I'd reckon we might see VDF, Molony, Tracy all starting this one.
Would be interested to see Molony and Kearney in the row.
Only real worry is front row.
If Molony has been in heavy training, trying to bulk up, he might struggle to perform to his best. Usually athletes lay off on the heavy training to get their taper right and allow them to perform well. It'll depend what he's been doing
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Looks like Ian McKinley has been called up by Zebre so we could actually (hopefully) get to see him this weekend.

http://www.zebrerugby.eu/sei-giocatori- ... -domenica/
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Xanthippe wrote:Looks like Ian McKinley has been called up by Zebre so we could actually (hopefully) get to see him this weekend.

http://www.zebrerugby.eu/sei-giocatori- ... -domenica/
Two weeks too late for him to run out in the RDS. Shame but still good for him. They play their following two matches in Ireland, so he still might get to run out in Ireland. Ravenhill is on the gap weekend though, so Zebre will probably get at least one outhalf back for that one.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Jack Conan, Luke McGrath, Isaac Boss sat out training
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Is this match on the goggler people?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

nelly the elephant wrote:Is this match on the goggler people?
Yup, live on Sky Sports 3 with highlights on TG4 at 6.25
I have Bumbleflex
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Dave Cahill wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:Is this match on the goggler people?
Yup, live on Sky Sports 3 with highlights on TG4 at 6.25
GRMA.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The President and Vice-President of Zebre resigned today
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:The President and Vice-President of Zebre resigned today
Trouble?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Why did I think of Robert Mugabe when I first read that!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

cormac wrote:Tadhg Furlong has a thigh injury and isn't in the Ireland squad. Healy and Ross have been called up and both are going to feature against England by the looks of it, as James Cronin is no longer in the Ireland squad. Jordi Murphy also called up in place of SOB.

Leaves us fairly light in the front row, especially if Furlong doesn't recover in time for Sunday. On the flip side we should get one of Cronin or Strauss back for the match. Should get at least one of vd Flier, Ruddock or Murphy back too.

Looking at something like: 15 Kirchner, 14 Byrne, 13 Ringrose, 12 Te'o, 11 Nacewa, 10 Marsh, 9 McGrath; 1 Dooley, 2 Tracy, 3 Furlong/Bent, 4 Kearney, 5 Triggs, 6 Ryan, 7 vd Flier/Leavy, 8 Conan

16 Cronin/Strauss, 17 Loughman, 18 Bent/Furlong/Heffernan, 19 Molony, 20 vd Flier/Leavy, 21 Boss/McCarthy, 22 Reid, 23 Kelleher
Looks like we won't get Van Der Flier. Great for him for sure but I wish we had been able to get a little more out of him for just ourselves before he became part of the national set up.
He has been an outstanding performer for us this season. You would just worry that with the physical step up of the international game (and having to tackle bruisers like Vunipola) it might take a lot out of him. Do Ireland really need to be giving him his first cap in Twickers in a nothing game for us but a big game for them (first home game/still on for slam)?
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

It's like last year all over again when their coaches resigned the week they were coming over here.
leinsterforever
Mullet

curates_egg wrote:Looks like we won't get Van Der Flier. Great for him for sure but I wish we had been able to get a little more out of him for just ourselves before he became part of the national set up.
He has been an outstanding performer for us this season. You would just worry that with the physical step up of the international game (and having to tackle bruisers like Vunipola) it might take a lot out of him. Do Ireland really need to be giving him his first cap in Twickers in a nothing game for us but a big game for them (first home game/still on for slam)?
Good chance for Leavy all the same
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

molloyjh wrote:
It's like last year all over again when their coaches resigned the week they were coming over here.
its almost like the annual 6 nations table roughly reflects the level of organisation off the pitch
Last edited by simonokeeffe on February 25th, 2016, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon