James Ryan

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Stuka
Knowledgeable

James Ryan

Post by Stuka »

6'8 locks with this guys skill set don't appear too often. He is a big lad too. Has he made his Leinster first team debut yet?
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Re: James Ryan

Post by Armchair »

Stuka wrote:6'8 locks with this guys skill set don't appear too often. He is a big lad too. Has he made his Leinster first team debut yet?
Give him time 1st year out school, playing senior club rugby, played Leinster A, Captaining and starring for the Irish under 20s. Well capable of playing senior this year but still a young man who will play many years with Leinster hopefully. I would give him a development contract for next season and skip the academy process
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

we're having a hype machine specially constructed in Germany
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Really interested to know how we plan on using him next season. I wonder if he'll end up skipping the world cup because we may want him raring to go for the start of the season? Probably less chance now that Kearney is back. I like to see him make his debut before the end of the season anyway, seeing him at A level makes me think he's ready physically.

Don't want to put too much pressure on him now but a couple of appearances would be good.
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Really interested to know how we plan on using him next season. I wonder if he'll end up skipping the world cup because we may want him raring to go for the start of the season? Probably less chance now that Kearney is back. I like to see him make his debut before the end of the season anyway, seeing him at A level makes me think he's ready physically.

Don't want to put too much pressure on him now but a couple of appearances would be good.
Id agree with that. A few bench appearances would do him no harm.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Really interested to know how we plan on using him next season. I wonder if he'll end up skipping the world cup because we may want him raring to go for the start of the season? Probably less chance now that Kearney is back. I like to see him make his debut before the end of the season anyway, seeing him at A level makes me think he's ready physically.

Mick Kearney, sure he's 25 :roll:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

No, he should go to the JWC as captain of the squad. Devin Toner is likely to be our only second row on the tour to South Africa this Summer, so unless we pick up some unfortunate injuries we should be reasonably well stocked in the position at the start of next season.

Ryan can then get a proper pre-season, get in some appearances for Leinster A during October and be available for us when the internationals are absent in November. With four international games that month there'll be more chances for fringe players to shine.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:

Source?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

cormac wrote:

No, he should go to the JWC as captain of the squad. Devin Toner is likely to be our only second row on the tour to South Africa this Summer, so unless we pick up some unfortunate injuries we should be reasonably well stocked in the position at the start of next season.

Ryan can then get a proper pre-season, get in some appearances for Leinster A during October and be available for us when the internationals are absent in November. With four international games that month there'll be more chances for fringe players to shine.
I'd prefer that too but one or two injuries over the next few months may change that.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Source?
an old man down the chip shop, swears hes Elvis
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:

you'd be wrong.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Obviously I was only joking about the source because of the other thread but that's pretty funny.

Bloody Elvis and his gossip mongering.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

you'd be wrong.
there's a rumour he's 25
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
there's a rumour he's 25
cant rely on rumours when facts can be found.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
there's a rumour he's 25
bonus point with the last play of the game
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
there's a rumour he's 25
bonus point with the last play of the game
:lol:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ryan & Molony as a left/right or 4/5 combo in a couple of years? (in that order)
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Don't want Ryan anywhere near the first team squad this season to be honest. The lads making great progress so let him focus on the U20 RWC and then next season see if he can push on to the seniors. While he seems a sensible down to earth lad I'm worried about all the hype that's surrounding him.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

sunshiner1 wrote:Don't want Ryan anywhere near the first team squad this season to be honest. The lads making great progress so let him focus on the U20 RWC and then next season see if he can push on to the seniors. While he seems a sensible down to earth lad I'm worried about all the hype that's surrounding him.
why? he is a huge personality & leader.
i'd be shocked if he played this season but hopeful he'd make his debut next season, either during the November internationals or during the 6 nations.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:Ryan & Molony as a left/right or 4/5 combo in a couple of years? (in that order)
ideally yes.