Leinster A v London Welsh next Saturday

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Leinster A v London Welsh next Saturday

Post by johng »

Nice day out. Ireland v Italy Lansdowne road. Pub or couch for England v Wales and Donnybrook for this game at 7 bells.

Down week for the senior team ahead of Glasgow game.

Where could it go wrong?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Leinster A v London Welsh next Saturday

Post by johng »

So I'm guessing that no one is too excited about our home qf in the b&i league then?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Thought it was next week. Considering how poorly 1st team games have been attended this season I wouldn't be expecting much at this.
Be interesting to see what sort of team is put out for this one.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:So I'm guessing that no one is too excited about our home qf in the b&i league then?
Is anyone ever, really? Ireland are playing and thats all shiny and glittery. Even our supporters club have mentioned the game precisely not at all.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I actually am looking forward to this more than the Italy game. That's essentially a dead rubber and a half one kick off is never nice...a Saturday evening in Donnybrook watching a good side play good rugby when people have been drinking all afternoon appeals far more to me.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I suppose with the women and the u20s at home also.....

I'd go to this ahead of the u20s. May do both. But if I had to choose......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I actually am looking forward to this more than the Italy game. That's essentially a dead rubber and a half one kick off is never nice...a Saturday evening in Donnybrook watching a good side play good rugby when people have been drinking all afternoon appeals far more to me.
I think that an opportunity has been missed. Dublin 4 is going to be jammers with rugby supporters on saturday, a good proportion of them from Leinster - a bit of promotion and we might have gotten a second man with perhaps two dogs into the ground
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I must say I much prefer the atmosphere at A games to most others that I go to. Lots of reasons why but a big one is that people aren't getting up to go the bar every few mins.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I actually am looking forward to this more than the Italy game. That's essentially a dead rubber and a half one kick off is never nice...a Saturday evening in Donnybrook watching a good side play good rugby when people have been drinking all afternoon appeals far more to me.
I think that an opportunity has been missed. Dublin 4 is going to be jammers with rugby supporters on saturday, a good proportion of them from Leinster - a bit of promotion and we might have gotten a second man with perhaps two dogs into the ground
Was thinking the same thing. Realistically I don't see many people leaving the pub to go to the game but a bit of a push and they may have done.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I must say I much prefer the atmosphere at A games to most others that I go to. Lots of reasons why but a big one is that people aren't getting up to go the bar every few mins.

People get their own drinks? I have a beerwalla for that sort of thing.
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Your missus is going to burst you later..
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

goreyguy wrote:Thought it was next week. Considering how poorly 1st team games have been attended this season I wouldn't be expecting much at this.
Over 10,000 at the Ospreys game and 8,000+ at the Zebre (hardly the most attractive opposition) match
Last edited by All Blacks nil on March 10th, 2016, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I must say I much prefer the atmosphere at A games to most others that I go to. Lots of reasons why but a big one is that people aren't getting up to go the bar every few mins.

People get their own drinks? I have a beerwalla for that sort of thing.
I don't know what that is...but I want one.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

johng wrote:So I'm guessing that no one is too excited about our home qf in the b&i league then?
I was trying to do my bit last w/e to promote this to my fellow regulars in the Grandstand. It is annoying that there is almost zero advertising of these games. Always an entertaining game. Am I correct in thinking if we win this one we have the s/f at home the following w/e?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

All Blacks nil wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Thought it was next week. Considering how poorly 1st team games have been attended this season I wouldn't be expecting much at this.
Over 10,000 at the Ospreys game and 8,000+ at the Zebre (hardly the most attractive opposition) match
How are Munster 'A' doing these days?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Hornet wrote:
I was trying to do my bit last w/e to promote this to my fellow regulars in the Grandstand. It is annoying that there is almost zero advertising of these games. Always an entertaining game. Am I correct in thinking if we win this one we have the s/f at home the following w/e?
Think it's two weeks later.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

cormac wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Think it's two weeks later.
That's Easter. A quick root around the interweb seems to suggest the 19th March for the s/f.

http://www.jrfc.je/news/2015-16/british ... 01516.aspx
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

Also because people are actually there to watch rugby and not to socialize
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

johng wrote:I suppose with the women and the u20s at home also.....

I'd go to this ahead of the u20s. May do both. But if I had to choose......
I'd be the same. It's kind of a pity it's on this weekend, 4 championship/cup games within less than 48 hours in Dublin when you include the ladies and the U20's. We had planned to go to this but may not make it now.
Dont Panic!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Was hoping to be there (first Saturday game this season) but I'm in Germany for the weekend. Unfortunately for you John it means I won't be there three hours early to keep a really nice seat for you :twisted:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever