Warriors v Leinster Friday 19.35 Sky

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Warriors v Leinster Friday 19.35 Sky

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Marsh lost us that game, simple as that, though that effin disgrace of a pitch didnt help matters either

Glasgow did improve their defence massively in second half but we made a ridiculous amount of line breaks and didnt finish any of them off

Clancy was cack but Teo was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch in the first half so it cuts both ways a bit
While I agree he was really poor in 2nd half, I think that's harsh. There were plenty of poor decisions and mistakes from elsewhere and Marsh had a good opening 40 bar the miss pass error.
he made a couple of good half breaks but that miss kick to touch was awful and all his passes made the receiver check/exposed them to the defence by being behind the man or above head height or both
lets not forget the certain try he butchered in the first half; 5 on 2 overlap and he throws a stupid skip pass into touch
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:What did Te'o do?
the 2 high tackles back to back early doors
first one was shoulder (check) to the head, forced the Glasgow player off injured
thats at least how it looked to me (havent rewatched it or rewound the incident)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I see, can't remember either tbh.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

artaneboy wrote:
By the way the pitch was even worse than it looked on TV...
In fairness that's it looking better :shock:.

I know Toonie wants to stay in Scotstoun but I'm not sure that does us any favors. Killie pitch would suit much better.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Raydollard wrote:I see some gXXchytes are missing Madigan already and he ain't even gone. He has got the best deal ever and deserves it all.
Can't wait to find out what you're new raison d'etre will be next season.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Is Ross Byrne injured or is he just not being selected?

I think it's harsh to judge Marsh so soon, but he's seemed to struggle to have much impact in the senior side so far, all be it in tough games, whereas Ross Byrne seems very highly rated from his U20 exploits and I take it Carbery is fairly highly rated too? I haven't seen any of Carbery though.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Byrne is returning from injury, both he and Carbery are better prospects than Marsh was when he was their age.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

Agree with SOK that that kick to touch Marsh missed was crucial. We had worked hard to win that penalty and the chance to kick to the corner. Glasgow then brought the ball up and camped in our 22 and got the only two scores of the 2nd half -that was the game.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Raydollard wrote:I see some gXXchytes are missing Madigan already and he ain't even gone. He has got the best deal ever and deserves it all.
How could we be missing Madigan when he is still with Leinster and the game was on an international weekend when he wasn't going to be available either way!? And what exactly would he have brought to the game that would have changed the result? That post seems to be incredibly ill conceived from someone who just wants a chance to say "ha-ha, I told you so" regardless of the relevance of the point.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

I thought that second half was as frustrating as anything we saw last season. There were at least some positives in the first 40 despite not being able to capitalise fully. The second half was a bit of a rudderless mess. Marsh was poor in the main. It's still too early to write the guy off but at the same time I've been pretty disappointed with him this season so far. I'd hoped he'd grab the opportunity better than he has.

Dooley and Tracey though look the real deal. Kearney was very good again but Murphy mixed the good with the bad. It's hard to judge the guys outside 10 that much and it was easy to forget we even had wingers out there at times. But a nice bit of magic from Ringrose highlighted again that we have a really talented bloke there. We just need to make sure we have a 10 and 12 there to facilitate him.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Touche
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Marsh lost us that game, simple as that, though that effin disgrace of a pitch didnt help matters either

Glasgow did improve their defence massively in second half but we made a ridiculous amount of line breaks and didnt finish any of them off

Clancy was cack but Teo was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch in the first half so it cuts both ways a bit
While I agree he was really poor in 2nd half, I think that's harsh. There were plenty of poor decisions and mistakes from elsewhere and Marsh had a good opening 40 bar the miss pass error.
he made a couple of good half breaks but that miss kick to touch was awful and all his passes made the receiver check/exposed them to the defence by being behind the man or above head height or both
lets not forget the certain try he butchered in the first half; 5 on 2 overlap and he throws a stupid skip pass into touch
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:What did Te'o do?
the 2 high tackles back to back early doors
first one was shoulder (check) to the head, forced the Glasgow player off injured
thats at least how it looked to me (havent rewatched it or rewound the incident)
Skip pass - My impression based on the commentary is that Isa was screaming for the ball and Marsh attempted to oblige. Maybe Isa needs to calm it down a bit.
That said Marsh went totally off the boil after that incident and that's a big work on.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.