Warriors v Leinster Friday 19.35 Sky

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Re: Warriors v Leinster Friday 19.35 Sky

Post by cwebber82 »

alanair wrote:Reid at 10 should be revisited for next season if we are not allowed sign a 10.
Please.... Reid FFs ???!!![/quote]

Reid at 10 is better than Marsh at 10.

I really can't see where Marsh is better than Reid in any aspect. Even Marsh' restarts are dreadful.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

I take it no one had explained to Glasgow that tackling around the neck is not allowed.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

I think both Marsh and Reid aren't good enough to play for leinster so let's get someone else in.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Once again... Glasgow off side , lying all over the ruck, slowing the ball down (Illegally) ... Penalty Glasgow...
Clancy is a complete joke
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Gutsy from Glasgow and they deserve the win, but Clancy is a blight on the game.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Yet another unforced error to throw on the pile. Goodnight, God Bless!
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

We did our best to lose that one and mission accomplished in that regard. Missed penalties to touch, stupid penalties conceded, handling errors, no direction from 10.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Well, that was turgid.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Those turnovers from Nakararawa killed us off. Great win from Glasgow.

Just not good enough from us.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

tonights match was an unforced error... Thanks for nothing tonight Leinster
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

A word for Clancy also. I see he has taken on himself to reinvent the rules of the sport. No offside line and no need to be on your feet at rucks. Now that's what I call Clancy-ball
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I don't agree with Ieaun Evans too often but he is right when he describes it as a "shoddy performance" by Leinster. Very very poor stuff
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

wixfjord wrote:Well, that was turgid.
No. I think that was limp.

Which is quite the opposite.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

That second half our worst of the season. Could do with a few back for Connacht next week.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Another second half, another duck egg
I have Bumbleflex
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

carlow man wrote:I think both Marsh and Reid aren't good enough to play for leinster so let's get someone else in.
I agree though I think Reid can do a job at 12 if needs be.

We probably won't be allowed sign a 10 so we have to look at the least worst option.

Marsh just went missing in the second half. He missed a kick to touch and just went into his shell.

Marsh is 24 now, he should really be further down the road in his development.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

cwebber82 wrote:
carlow man wrote:I think both Marsh and Reid aren't good enough to play for leinster so let's get someone else in.
I agree though I think Reid can do a job at 12 if needs be.

We probably won't be allowed sign a 10 so we have to look at the least worst option.

Marsh just went missing in the second half. He missed a kick to touch and just went into his shell.

Marsh is 24 now, he should really be further down the road in his development.
I thought Marsh looked like he could be a good backup at the start of the year, but like Madigan, in games where his pack isn't on top, he struggles.
Doesn't have the kicking ability or power of Madigan either. The body language was just awful taking a kick to touch in the second half. Kirchner came onto them after that.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The only solace to be taken from this is that Clancy might just have shot his own province in the foot. A Glasgow win was the last thing Munster wanted.
Leo was very slow to use his bench tonight, unlike his opposite number.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dreadful second half. Marsh really went downhill fast there after a good first half. Lots of really frustrating mistakes by the backs in particular. Ringrose dropping the ball, the missed kicks to tough, Isa missing from in front of the posts...all very sloppy and very annoying when you think of how inexperienced our pack were but actually did very well.

Tracy was superb, I was a bit worried he might be a flash in the pan but he looks like the real deal. Mick Kearney was good, as were Dippy and Jordi. Luke played well, particularly in the first half, but apart from himself and Zane I thought the backs were generally disappointing. I know Zane missed touch badly at one stage but he's been like a different player since Christmas.

One big positive was the effort in defence from a lot of the guys I just mentioned, especially Tracy and Luke. I'd add Ben as well although thought he was quiet in attack.

Glasgow's defence was also brilliant. As disappointed as I was with the mistakes, they were desperate for the win and it showed. Fair play to them for toughing it out. Really liked the way Townsend spoke during the game as well, no excuses and lots of belief in his players, great attitude.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Dreadful second half. Marsh really went downhill fast there after a good first half. Lots of really frustrating mistakes by the backs in particular. Ringrose dropping the ball, the missed kicks to tough, Isa missing from in front of the posts...all very sloppy and very annoying when you think of how inexperienced our pack were but actually did very well.

Tracy was superb, I was a bit worried he might be a flash in the pan but he looks like the real deal. Mick Kearney was good, as were Dippy and Jordi. Luke played well, particularly in the first half, but apart from himself and Zane I thought the backs were generally disappointing. I know Zane missed touch badly at one stage but he's been like a different player since Christmas.

One big positive was the effort in defence from a lot of the guys I just mentioned, especially Tracy and Luke. I'd add Ben as well although thought he was quiet in attack.

Glasgow's defence was also brilliant. As disappointed as I was with the mistakes, they were desperate for the win and it showed. Fair play to them for toughing it out. Really liked the way Townsend spoke during the game as well, no excuses and lots of belief in his players, great attitude.
Some were good but mixed it with being totally brainless
Tracy missed at least 3 tackles I saw, Dippy looks for contact instead of holding his feet and going for the space
Luke looks lost after 3 phases and struggled to control pack
Teo was utter poo, in attack and D
I'm actually struggling to see if I was watching the same match as you....