Aviva ticket allocations

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

faceman
Beginner

Aviva ticket allocations

Post by faceman »

Anyone else concerned about this statement this year?

8. Where will I be seated in Aviva Stadium for fixtures played there in 2016/17?
Your seat in Aviva Stadium will be allocated to you based on the price of your Season Ticket and not on the location of your Season Ticket in the RDS.

Why? I am a long term season ticket holder and I pay a lot of money every year for my season tickets. I have a good viewing position in the RDS which I have worked my way to over several years. The Aviva has a much larger capacity than the RDS. If a home game is moved to the Aviva as a season ticket holder I should be entitled to an equivalent viewing position and given the extra capacity in the Aviva there is no reason why every season ticket holder cannot be given an equivalent viewing position in terms of pitch position.

I have had to complain before about my pitch position being much poorer at the Aviva than my pitch position in the RDS. Not sure I like this statement, it seems to be positioning so they can counter any complaints we make if we are not happy with seat allocations in the Aviva.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Aviva ticket allocations

Post by Dave Cahill »

Thats simply there to shut terrace season ticket holders up.
I have Bumbleflex
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

They will throw the vast majority of season ticket holders in the shittest seats around the ground and look for us to upgrade out of them.

Its need the same for years. We've accepted it for this long, why change now?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Dave Cahill wrote:Thats simply there to shut terrace season ticket holders up.
And it works - we never complain :D
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
OhBeaJayHea

Post by OhBeaJayHea »

faceman wrote:Anyone else concerned about this statement this year?

8. Where will I be seated in Aviva Stadium for fixtures played there in 2016/17?
Your seat in Aviva Stadium will be allocated to you based on the price of your Season Ticket and not on the location of your Season Ticket in the RDS.

Why? I am a long term season ticket holder and I pay a lot of money every year for my season tickets. I have a good viewing position in the RDS which I have worked my way to over several years. The Aviva has a much larger capacity than the RDS. If a home game is moved to the Aviva as a season ticket holder I should be entitled to an equivalent viewing position and given the extra capacity in the Aviva there is no reason why every season ticket holder cannot be given an equivalent viewing position in terms of pitch position.

I have had to complain before about my pitch position being much poorer at the Aviva than my pitch position in the RDS. Not sure I like this statement, it seems to be positioning so they can counter any complaints we make if we are not happy with seat allocations in the Aviva.
There is an option to move elsewhere in the Aviva without upgrading which works pretty well although you do have to get in quick. I am in Block M in the RDS so just inside the 5m line and get moved to Block 107 in the Aviva (always seems to be the same seats) which is about the same viewing position or slightly better. However, as seats in Lower East and Lower West are all the same category the option is there to move to any available and I usually go for it. Forgot to change seats for the Munster game coming up but did for Toulon and previous games and worked well. Annoys me a bit that I have to go to the bother of doing this though when there are obviously better seats available that could have been allocated to STHs!