Thanks Fanj

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Thanks Fanj

Post by artaneboy »

curates_egg wrote:
wwed wrote:Never let us down, did a great job over two seasons, plenty of good performances under MOC where he used his strength and size to our advantage. Always good to see an AIL player step up. Best of luck in the future.
This is the quote that needs to represent this thread; the rest of you can edit your posts accordingly.
You could not have asked for more from Fanning. Thankfully, it seems playing for the team truly was a reward in itself for him. What a positive attitude.

If I ever get round to compiling an unsung heroes team, he will be on there in indelible ink. Damian Browne (who never got a thread or so much as a goodbye from Leinster Rugby, as far as I saw) is my captain in case you are asking: think he retired last season at Oyonnax.
I think there was a Damian Browne appreciation thread. I seem to remember posting on it. But the essential point you make is valid: you can't run a successful club without honest workmanlike non-stars.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

LeinsterLeader wrote:http://www.the42.ie/darragh-fanning-lei ... 0-Mar2016/

Yep, its a great story. And seems to have been a really popular guy within the squad too. Never gave less then his best.
Very nice guy. My nephew did work experience with Leinster during the summer and while he said all the players were sound, he picked out Fanning and Ben Te'o as the two nicest lads.

I'd heard he was launching his business and assumed he was just doing it on the side. He could have been forgiven for seeing out the year and a half of his contract to get a steady pay cheque during the stressful times of starting a business. So fair balls to him for calling it a day to give his business his all.

Best of luck to him and I hope all Leinster fans give Zambrero on Hatch street a bit of business if they get a chance.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

artaneboy wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
wwed wrote:Never let us down, did a great job over two seasons, plenty of good performances under MOC where he used his strength and size to our advantage. Always good to see an AIL player step up. Best of luck in the future.
This is the quote that needs to represent this thread; the rest of you can edit your posts accordingly.
You could not have asked for more from Fanning. Thankfully, it seems playing for the team truly was a reward in itself for him. What a positive attitude.

If I ever get round to compiling an unsung heroes team, he will be on there in indelible ink. Damian Browne (who never got a thread or so much as a goodbye from Leinster Rugby, as far as I saw) is my captain in case you are asking: think he retired last season at Oyonnax.
I think there was a Damian Browne appreciation thread. I seem to remember posting on it. But the essential point you make is valid: you can't run a successful club without honest workmanlike non-stars.
Fanj deserves aby kudos he get, he always gave 100%.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Best of luck Fanj with new business venture.

All clubs needs players to step up a level and provide competition for the best players and he certainly did that and his 6 trys in 2014-2015 (3 Europe, 3 Pro 12) were impressive. He got 2 trys home to Wasps & a try v Munster in the Aviva all in Oct 2014.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

artaneboy wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can run a club with honest workmanlike stars.

Anyway, good man Fanj. I wasn't your biggest fan as a player for Leinster but still wish you well. My punishment for this is now having to watch Ferg McFadden "play" winger instead.