Ulster v. Leinster Sat 30th 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

UlsterMan
Bookworm

Re: Ulster v. Leinster Sat 30th 3pm

Post by UlsterMan »

Please ignore Jackie, he is here to stir things up. Another misrepresentation of Ulster fans.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

UlsterMan wrote:Please ignore Jackie, he is here to stir things up. Another misrepresentation of Ulster fans.
he probably tweets the N word and all
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
meathman3
Bookworm

Post by meathman3 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Rob Kearney played to his usual Ravenhill level. Except this time he headbutted Pienaar rather than decapitating PJ.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Our pin-up Rob becoming a Dylan Hartley whatever next..... Ireland captaincy?
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

I just want to add a bit of balance here in the debate re The Ulster reception of Leinster fans. I was in the memorial end stand surrounded by Ulster fans and have nothing but good things to say about anyone around me. Despite the result , Its still a good day out , fantastic stadium, and really , honestly, I have never come across anything other than good natured banter.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Some can't take good natured banter even on internet message boards it seems.

Don't be so precious folks, I have a feeling there will be a rematch at the RDS in the next few weeks in which you will successfully bore Ulster into submission.

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
leinsterblueyellow
Learner

Post by leinsterblueyellow »

I also want to add that I was in the memorial stand and saw no trouble and in fact had a good time. I have been going to Ulster for the last 10 years and have yet to see any trouble.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Well done on your win, Jackie Brown, but please give me your opinion on a little something. The Ulster fans seem to go in for a lot more booing of the ref and the visiting teams since that fateful Sarries match, when Payne got red-carded, for what was adjudged to be a dangerous tackle. Musha, on that particular occasion, they started booing as soon as Payne walked and didn't stop till the final whistle was blown. I have the impression, that since then any and every perceived slight to the Ulster Men is met with an inordinate amount of booing from the Ravenhill faithful. What do you think?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

'Some can't take good natured banter'

The clarion call quote of the d1ckhead! :lol:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

wixfjord wrote:'Some can't take good natured banter'

The clarion call quote of the d1ckhead! :lol:

It's bantz innit! F##k right off. I should probably take this whole thing to the rant section. It's up there with cnuts and their cheeky Nandos
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Jackie Brown wrote:Some can't take good natured banter even on internet message boards it seems.

Don't be so precious folks, I have a feeling there will be a rematch at the RDS in the next few weeks in which you will successfully bore Ulster into submission.

Is calling Rob Kearney "A Sack of ****e" good natured banter?
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

riocard911 wrote:Well done on your win, Jackie Brown, but please give me your opinion on a little something. The Ulster fans seem to go in for a lot more booing of the ref and the visiting teams since that fateful Sarries match, when Payne got red-carded, for what was adjudged to be a dangerous tackle. Musha, on that particular occasion, they started booing as soon as Payne walked and didn't stop till the final whistle was blown. I have the impression, that since then any and every perceived slight to the Ulster Men is met with an inordinate amount of booing from the Ravenhill faithful. What do you think?
There is no more booing at Ravers than there is at the RDS or Thomond. It's become the moan of choice from opposition supporters. A lot is theatrical as well, we have a very sarcastic sense of humour that can be lost on some.

Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

rookie wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Some can't take good natured banter even on internet message boards it seems.

Is calling Rob Kearney "A Sack of ****e" good natured banter?
No, but he is a very poor player who for whatever reason continues to get gifted Ireland caps.

kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Jackie Brown wrote: There is no more booing at Ravers than there is at the RDS or Thomond. It's become the moan of choice from opposition supporters. A lot is theatrical as well, we have a very sarcastic sense of humour that can be lost on some.

:shock: :shock:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

kermischocolate wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote: There is no more booing at Ravers than there is at the RDS or Thomond. It's become the moan of choice from opposition supporters. A lot is theatrical as well, we have a very sarcastic sense of humour that can be lost on some.

:shock: :shock:
Oh no it isn't
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Kearney feels the need to do things like that because he's lost is confidence, and is older, slower, and generally worse. He's 30, emerged young so has high mileage, and has had his injury issues. Over the hill. Payne to 15 for Ireland, Luke and Henshaw in centres, or McCloskey and Henshaw (L.Marshall a dark horse as others have said).

Just to weigh in, most Ulster fans are great. There is a tiny minority who hate the other Irish provinces for political reasons and would generally not be a 'rugby crowd'. These are likely to be the ones who were sneering/almost abusive to Leinster fans/players, rather than good naturedly bantering.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

neiliog93 wrote:Kearney feels the need to do things like that because he's lost is confidence, and is older, slower, and generally worse. He's 30, emerged young so has high mileage, and has had his injury issues. Over the hill. Payne to 15 for Ireland, Luke and Henshaw in centres, or McCloskey and Henshaw (L.Marshall a dark horse as others have said)..
Payne is playing his last, at most, three games at 15 in Irish rugby barring a huge injury crisis. Ulster were allowed sign a world class full back because Payne will be playing at 13.
I have Bumbleflex
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Kearney feels the need to do things like that because he's lost is confidence, and is older, slower, and generally worse. He's 30, emerged young so has high mileage, and has had his injury issues. Over the hill. Payne to 15 for Ireland, Luke and Henshaw in centres, or McCloskey and Henshaw (L.Marshall a dark horse as others have said)..
Payne is playing his last, at most, three games at 15 in Irish rugby barring a huge injury crisis. Ulster were allowed sign a world class full back because Payne will be playing at 13.
Fair point.

There is some possibility of Piutau being put on the wing to accommodate the youth and good form of McCloskey and Marshall in the midfield, or even Olding or Cave, with Payne at 15. Not including Payne, Ulster have four centres who are arguably all competent at international level.

We don't know how Bowe will be long-term after his terrible injury and he will be 33 next season. Also, his form was very poor prior to the injury, i.e late 2014-15 and early 2015-16. Trimble is 32 early next season and while reasonably good this season does seem to have declined slightly. Gilroy is Gilroy, talented but brainless. Rory Scholes is leaving. All of this could leave a bit of unforeseen room for Piutau on the wing, but it's just speculation.

In a scenario where RK keeps getting worse, Joe will eventually plump for Zebo for Ireland, but if he's unavailable I'd imagine Payne or Henshaw would get the nod?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Robs not "getting worse" though - apart from his yellow card he was one of our better players on Saturday, and many would argue that he was a victim of double jeopardy in that incident

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

neiliog93 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Fair point.

There is some possibility of Piutau being put on the wing to accommodate the youth and good form of McCloskey and Marshall in the midfield, or even Olding or Cave, with Payne at 15. Not including Payne, Ulster have four centres who are arguably all competent at international level.

We don't know how Bowe will be long-term after his terrible injury and he will be 33 next season. Also, his form was very poor prior to the injury, i.e late 2014-15 and early 2015-16. Trimble is 32 early next season and while reasonably good this season does seem to have declined slightly. Gilroy is Gilroy, talented but brainless. Rory Scholes is leaving. All of this could leave a bit of unforeseen room for Piutau on the wing, but it's just speculation.

In a scenario where RK keeps getting worse, Joe will eventually plump for Zebo for Ireland, but if he's unavailable I'd imagine Payne or Henshaw would get the nod?
Problem with Zebo is that he lacks heart. He looks great v weaker opposition, but when faced with a stronger challenge he has given up on more than one occasiob. He was embarrading v connacht two weeks ago for example. I suspect this is why Davey K and McFadden get caps for ireland, they just won't give up.
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Payne is playing his last, at most, three games at 15 in Irish rugby barring a huge injury crisis. Ulster were allowed sign a world class full back because Payne will be playing at 13.
Fair point.

Problem with Zebo is that he lacks heart. He looks great v weaker opposition, but when faced with a stronger challenge he has given up on more than one occasiob. He was embarrading v connacht two weeks ago for example. I suspect this is why Davey K and McFadden get caps for ireland, they just won't give up.
Hasn't stopped Rob getting international caps.