Ulster v. Leinster Sat 30th 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

UlsterMan
Bookworm

Re: Ulster v. Leinster Sat 30th 3pm

Post by UlsterMan »

Yes, I too would like to apologise on behalf of the Ulster fans you met BlueStreak, I assure you they are not typical Ulster fans and I am genuinely upset that you have come away with a poor experience at Ravenhill. As others have said, I shall echo, having a bigger stadium means we're getting a lot of blow-ins who think that rugby is like football - you boo every single opponent. We do not condone that either, our core support have a hell of a lot of respect for Leinster as a team and would never boo an opponent.

I hope you will reconsider and that Saturday will not end up being your last trip and that you don't let this spoil your view of our team. Speak to our fans when we come to the RDS next time, you'll get a much better idea of what our real fans are like.

As for the game itself, in my opinion neither of your yellow cards were unfair but the penalty try was. Clancy had a shocker for both teams (no surprise there). Think 4-0 was probably a fair outcome, a bonus point would have flattered us.

Good luck against Treviso next weekend, I look forward to probably seeing you in the semi-finals in Dublin!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I don't mind Leo criticising Clancy, he was appalling and it was far more in Ulster's favour than ours, but he has to acknowledge how bad we were too. Clancy didn't have a choice with the yellows or force Reddan to throw an intercept. Maybe he did mentioned our performance too and the press have only picked up on the ref comments but I don't know if that's the case or not.
First report I saw was the sensationalist headline in the Indo and the second in the Journal (going downhill at a rate of knots in terms of journalism). I'd wait until there's a credible source.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

domhnallj wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I don't mind Leo criticising Clancy, he was appalling and it was far more in Ulster's favour than ours, but he has to acknowledge how bad we were too. Clancy didn't have a choice with the yellows or force Reddan to throw an intercept. Maybe he did mentioned our performance too and the press have only picked up on the ref comments but I don't know if that's the case or not.
First report I saw was the sensationalist headline in the Indo and the second in the Journal (going downhill at a rate of knots in terms of journalism). I'd wait until there's a credible source.
Here you got: http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/0430 ... ellow-car/
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

UlsterMan wrote:Yes, I too would like to apologise on behalf of the Ulster fans you met BlueStreak, I assure you they are not typical Ulster fans and I am genuinely upset that you have come away with a poor experience at Ravenhill. As others have said, I shall echo, having a bigger stadium means we're getting a lot of blow-ins who think that rugby is like football - you boo every single opponent. We do not condone that either, our core support have a hell of a lot of respect for Leinster as a team and would never boo an opponent.

I hope you will reconsider and that Saturday will not end up being your last trip and that you don't let this spoil your view of our team. Speak to our fans when we come to the RDS next time, you'll get a much better idea of what our real fans are like.

As for the game itself, in my opinion neither of your yellow cards were unfair but the penalty try was. Clancy had a shocker for both teams (no surprise there). Think 4-0 was probably a fair outcome, a bonus point would have flattered us.

Good luck against Treviso next weekend, I look forward to probably seeing you in the semi-finals in Dublin!
Great post Ulsterman. I have had only positive experiences with Ulster fans in the RDS and certainly wasn't aiming to tar all Ulster supporters with the one brush. Best of luck for next week
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Never had an issue in Ravenhill, in fact the banter is brilliant.
We had great fun slagging their 17 who we reckoned was nipping off every 10 minutes for burgers.

Great abuse over Robs tan and Paddy Jacksons height as well.

Great reception as all the half time athletes left the field as well.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Blue not red blood wrote:Never had an issue in Ravenhill, in fact the banter is brilliant.
We had great fun slagging their 17 who we reckoned was nipping off every 10 minutes for burgers.

Sure it's all a bit of crack!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Andrew097
Bookworm

Post by Andrew097 »

We were okay but not really hungry enough, Ulster wanted it more. In attack we look like we play by numbers, set play 2 followed by 3 followed by etc etc. when it's not endless phase play it's endless box kicks. the mix is almost no existent the more elements you try in attack, the more decisions the opposition need to make and more likely to get it wrong.
We sort of shot ourselfs in the foot two yellows and a too many knock ons. But hey we might get a home semi which is better then we did last year.
Ps
Please only play Luke on the wing, because he is a word class winger and only a good centre, so why would you not have a world class winger on the park
Plus less likely to be injured out of the heavy traffic.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Blue not red blood wrote:Never had an issue in Ravenhill, in fact the banter is brilliant.

Disgrace if there was anything more than bater and would like to think you all had a good time, there are a few clampits in every club and they are best ignored by all.

Don't you go slagging off our very only Ralf Wiggum Image
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

On the Kearney card and penalty try, at the time I thought card and penalty only as there was bouncing ball etc as variables but on replay yesterday the bouncing bit is ruled out and in fact falls in Pienaars favour as it was a direct bounce in his running line, it's one of those things that was a strange decision though and I probably would have been aggrieved if it had been an Ulster player who had done similar.

It does lead me though to another little thing that most if not all will have missed about Rob, he seemed more interested in cheap shots and blocking than actually focusing on his own play, the most notable was a shoulder charge to take Trimble out when Jackson had dumped Madigan, no doubt it was to remove him from play for Madigans pass out to Teo and only reason it was not picked up was the focus was on the big hit. He had numerous other similar moves during the 80, sorry 70 mins he was on the pitch, and it is sad to see a player of his calibre resorting to that type of play instead of focusing on his own game and using his skills properly.

Anyway it is possible there will be a rematch over the next few weeks but if not I wish Leinster well in their final few matches, unless they are playing Ulster of course :D
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

rooster wrote:On the Kearney card and penalty try, at the time I thought card and penalty only as there was bouncing ball etc as variables but on replay yesterday the bouncing bit is ruled out and in fact falls in Pienaars favour as it was a direct bounce in his running line, it's one of those things that was a strange decision though and I probably would have been aggrieved if it had been an Ulster player who had done similar.

It does lead me though to another little thing that most if not all will have missed about Rob, he seemed more interested in cheap shots and blocking than actually focusing on his own play, the most notable was a shoulder charge to take Trimble out when Jackson had dumped Madigan, no doubt it was to remove him from play for Madigans pass out to Teo and only reason it was not picked up was the focus was on the big hit. He had numerous other similar moves during the 80, sorry 70 mins he was on the pitch, and it is sad to see a player of his calibre resorting to that type of play instead of focusing on his own game and using his skills properly.

Anyway it is possible there will be a rematch over the next few weeks but if not I wish Leinster well in their final few matches, unless they are playing Ulster of course :D
Are you serious? You thikn that's a 'shoulder charge' and a cheap shot?
http://www.balls.ie/rugby/paddy-jackson ... gan/332096

Happens at literally every phase in the game that teams decide to use a screen pass.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Kearney was already taking cheap shots 3 mins in. I think it was Best he was having a go at in a ruck. Sad to see.

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

wixfjord wrote:
rooster wrote:On the Kearney card and penalty try, at the time I thought card and penalty only as there was bouncing ball etc as variables but on replay yesterday the bouncing bit is ruled out and in fact falls in Pienaars favour as it was a direct bounce in his running line, it's one of those things that was a strange decision though and I probably would have been aggrieved if it had been an Ulster player who had done similar.

Happens at literally every phase in the game that teams decide to use a screen pass.
Yip off the ball, never was going for anything else but to block Trimble going for his trademark intercept, a classic yellow card offence if it had been spotted
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah the Trimble thing was a nothing incident. That reminds me that Jackson had a great game, had kind of forgotten about it because I was too annoyed at Clancy/how we played.

As much as I thought the PT was a terrible decision, what Kearney did was cynical and because he was worried about a try being scored, so whether it would have been scored or not I suppose we got what we deserved. In that area of the pitch a yellow probably isn't sufficient punishment so if there's a decent chance a try would have been scored then I'd be in favour of just giving it.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Jackson was really good, dont think Marshall is getting enough credit either
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah very good, hope they get the recognition they deserve with Ireland now too. Trimble looked very sharp as well, probably the best he's been since before his injury troubles started.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

rooster wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

Yip off the ball, never was going for anything else but to block Trimble going for his trademark intercept, a classic yellow card offence if it had been spotted
That is nonsense! Again, this happens countless times in a game. It's not a 'shoulder charge' and certainly not a 'yellow card offence' :lol:
Momentum carries him Kearney into Trimble, he didn't even change his line!
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

wixfjord wrote:
rooster wrote:
wixfjord wrote: Are you serious? You thikn that's a 'shoulder charge' and a cheap shot?

That is nonsense! Again, this happens countless times in a game. It's not a 'shoulder charge' and certainly not a 'yellow card offence' :lol:
Kearney didn't even change his line!
What was his line though, straight into Trimble with no intention to do anything else but block him, remember Kearney was in attack not defensive play in getting to Trimble when he was receiving the ball when that happened.
What I am trying to emphasise is that Kearney has totally lost the objectives of a 15 man game and things like that do not help his play.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

rooster wrote: What was his line though, straight into Trimble with no intention to do anything else but block him, remember Kearney was in attack not defensive play in getting to Trimble when he was receiving the ball when that happened.
What I am trying to emphasise is that Kearney has totally lost the objectives of a 15 man game and things like that do not help his play.
His line was a short ball option for Madigan to offload quickly too. Ball didn't come, he continued on a few paces into Trimble. Again, this is a regular occurrence in a game. It's not a 'shoulder charge'.

RK actually played pretty well considering. Don't get the hatred Ulster fans have for him. To say he has 'totally lost the objectives of a 15 man game' is strange. What does that even mean? The yellow was cynical, but not his fault, and it's what you'd expect your 15 to do in that scenario.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah very good, hope they get the recognition they deserve with Ireland now too. Trimble looked very sharp as well, probably the best he's been since before his injury troubles started.
Marshall a dark horse for SA tour at 13 with Payne at 15

We need someone to make a claim for 14 too short and medium term
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rob Kearney played to his usual Ravenhill level. Except this time he headbutted Pienaar rather than decapitating PJ.