Leinster v Treviso, Sat 15.00

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Leinster v Treviso, Sat 15.00

Post by johng »

riocard911 wrote:How come every time I go to watch the replay of Leinster v Treviso on Setanta Ireland they're showing ****ing Connacht v Glasgow? Monday night at 20.00 it was the case and now at 13.00 on Tuesday it's the same!!!!!!
People still watch telly based on what time things are broadcast? :shock: :o
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

johng wrote:
riocard911 wrote:How come every time I go to watch the replay of Leinster v Treviso on Setanta Ireland they're showing ****ing Connacht v Glasgow? Monday night at 20.00 it was the case and now at 13.00 on Tuesday it's the same!!!!!!
Hilarious..... :roll:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:
johng wrote:
Hilarious..... :roll:
ah here we've had enough of the rolly eyes emoticons in here
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

johng wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
You can spot their 19 lashing Johnny out of it at the start of the clip too.
That's my first time seeing that. Didn't catch it live. It wasn't a late hit really, but was certainly a no arms tackle from the looks of it. He just body checked him. I know Whitehouse played advantage for it but how was that not a card?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

molloyjh wrote: That's my first time seeing that. Didn't catch it live. It wasn't a late hit really, but was certainly a no arms tackle from the looks of it. He just body checked him. I know Whitehouse played advantage for it but how was that not a card?
It was just to our left. Should have been a card but not really bothered about that as long as Sexto is feeling no ill effects.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Had McFadden done that on an opposition player the Irish media would have been lining up to denounce him. Not a peep in defence of Sexton though...

Funny that.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Is that not the sort of thing a number 7 is supposed to try and prevent by getting in the way etc.? Actually I find it mind-boggling how little protection Sexton has been afforded by his team mates this season in Green and Blue.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

riocard911 wrote:Is that not the sort of thing a number 7 is supposed to try and prevent by getting in the way etc.? Actually I find it mind-boggling how little protection Sexton has been afforded by his team mates this season in Green and Blue.
we didn't have a natural 7 on the field.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Was there much in that hit on Sexton? He just didn't wrap because he realised the ball had gone and felt he didn't need to complete the tackle
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'm all for Jordi not playing 7, but how in the name of jaysus was he supposed to magically stop that lads?!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

wixfjord wrote:I'm all for Jordi not playing 7, but how in the name of jaysus was he supposed to magically stop that lads?!

If he were a natural 7 he'd have stopped it using the powers that only natural 7s have so that even if they're stationed out wide on a planned move off a lineout they can block a guy running at the first receiver on the other side of the pitch using only organic sevenosity. Obvs innit.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I'm all for Jordi not playing 7, but how in the name of jaysus was he supposed to magically stop that lads?!

If he were a natural 7 he'd have stopped it using the powers that only natural 7s have so that even if they're stationed out wide on a planned move off a lineout they can block a guy running at the first receiver on the other side of the pitch using only organic sevenosity. Obvs innit.
Haha that's basically the argument it seems! Or that he blocks Sexton illegally and takes the Treviso tackler without the ball?!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

i'm not saying he should have been there, just saying there wasn't a natural 7 on the field.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

goreyguy wrote:i'm not saying he should have been there, just saying there wasn't a natural 7 on the field.
Oh I think you've made that point :lol:

But you did in fairness respond directly to the post, with the implication that having a 'natural 7 on the field' might have changed things for Sexton.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

In fairness one of the 7s traditional jobs was to be the tailgunner in the lineout for this kind of tidying up and for pouncing on overthrows etc etc. I suppose he could have barged yerman if he had been there. Not legally though.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

It's legal as long as you're not caught, John. Thou shalt remember the 11th Commandment! That's the one Rutchie always played by.......
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Current ERCC Seeding positions

Post by Xanthippe »

For anyone interested

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I'm pretty certain the last place in Tier 2 is rotated between the three leagues over three seasons. Pro12 got it in 2015 so can't get it this season meaning Ulster will be in Tier 3 next season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

cormac wrote:I'm pretty certain the last place in Tier 2 is rotated between the three leagues over three seasons. Pro12 got it in 2015 so can't get it this season meaning Ulster will be in Tier 3 next season.
If true. That means that both Leinster and Connacht are guaranteed top seeds.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

cormac wrote:I'm pretty certain the last place in Tier 2 is rotated between the three leagues over three seasons. Pro12 got it in 2015 so can't get it this season meaning Ulster will be in Tier 3 next season.
Interesting, thought it was done year by year in a pre-draw before the main one.

I suppose the draw will be delayed a bit this year with the top 14 final not until June 24th.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk