Semi Final: Leinster vs Ulster Fri May 20th K/O 19:45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Semi Final: Leinster vs Ulster Fri May 20th K/O 19:45

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That Henry call was beyond a joke. Thankfully it didn't have any impact but had it done so then it would have been a huge deal.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That Henry call was beyond a joke. Thankfully it didn't have any impact but had it done so then it would have been a huge deal.
The look on Henry's face afterwards was pretty priceless...almost made up for the decision.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That Henry call was beyond a joke. Thankfully it didn't have any impact but had it done so then it would have been a huge deal.
There wasn't even much of a din from the crowd. If that was Ravenhill you can be sure you wouldn't be able hear yourself think for all the panto booing and outrage!
Dont Panic!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Amazing game. The pack put the ball on a Waterford Crystal salver with silver serving tongs and we never looked back. Our intensity rucking over offensive and defensive ball was too much for the Weshties to handle. Out timing of the tackle, ususally with 2 players in a high/low smash, just killed ball at source so many times.

Reddan was the key man to turn that front foot ball into a usable product for the backline and Sexton was finally showing us his potency as an attacking outhalf and not just sitting back in the armchair. Those two got us hitting the ball at pace and running straight, which blew apart the Connacht line regularly. I have to give a special mention to Ringrose. Not only was he great again with ball in hand, but he was probably our best defender in a backline including Te'o, Nacewa, Fitz and Dave K. Fitz.... God he's great to watch with ball in hand.

Isa at 15 is still one of the NH's best attacking threats. Nu Schmidt will have him at 14 in the final, so enjoy it while it lasted.

Pack were awesome to a man. Not one weak link. Toner though was savage in set piece and the loose. He looks more and more an authority figure out there too. When you think the set piece was not so much an Achilles Heel as an Achilles Head and Torso for many a Leinster side over the years, this pack has made it our calling card.

Credit to the coaching ticket for preparing the team as well as they did. Girve got the backline flowing with Te'o at 12, where Reddan's start and Sexton's attack face helped. Kurt's defence is really clever - he has the 2 or 3 man sweeper system really humming now, where a line break is only ever a half-break until the sweepers get you.

Our game and the other semi were great ads for the Pro12. Shame the rest of the season wasn't as top-notch, but it shows the level that Leinster and the other 3 teams can achieve. Glasgow getting to another final would have been good for the Pro12, but Connacht getting in is amazing for the Irish game. I'm jealous of the buzz they must be feeling, reminds me of 2005/6/7 era Leinster....
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

jezzer wrote: I'm jealous of the buzz they must be feeling, reminds me of 2005/6/7 era Leinster....
they are miles off that..
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Hey Jezzer, that was the Nordies, not the Weshties we played last weekend....
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

jezzer wrote:Amazing game. The pack put the ball on a Waterford Crystal salver with silver serving tongs and we never looked back. Our intensity rucking over offensive and defensive ball was too much for the Weshties to handle. Out timing of the tackle, ususally with 2 players in a high/low smash, just killed ball at source so many times.
Mick Kearney is so good at this actually. His attacking clear outs are top notch. Nice bit of balance between him and Toner developing, which makes it even more questionable that he was behind Triggs for a few key games in recent times. As I said before the game, a scrum with Ruddock, MK and Ross in is more than likely going to be dominant.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

wixfjord wrote:
jezzer wrote:Amazing game. The pack put the ball on a Waterford Crystal salver with silver serving tongs and we never looked back. Our intensity rucking over offensive and defensive ball was too much for the Weshties to handle. Out timing of the tackle, ususally with 2 players in a high/low smash, just killed ball at source so many times.
Mick Kearney is so good at this actually. His attacking clear outs are top notch. Nice bit of balance between him and Toner developing, which makes it even more questionable that he was behind Triggs for a few key games in recent times. As I said before the game, a scrum with Ruddock, MK and Ross in is more than likely going to be dominant.
apart from it was only dominant when Ross left and Furlong came on.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

goreyguy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
apart from it was only dominant when Ross left and Furlong came on.
As a pack we were well on top when Ross was on.
Furlong and Cronin did have a great cameo though.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Reddan was the key man to turn that front foot ball into a usable product for the backline and Sexton was finally showing us his potency as an attacking outhalf and not just sitting back in the armchair. Those two got us hitting the ball at pace and running straight, which blew apart the Connacht line regularly. I have to give a special mention to Ringrose. Not only was he great again with ball in hand, but he was probably our best defender in a backline including Te'o, Nacewa, Fitz and Dave K. Fitz.... God he's great to watch with ball in hand.

Isa at 15 is still one of the NH's best attacking threats. Nu Schmidt will have him at 14 in the final, so enjoy it while it lasted.

Pack were awesome to a man. Not one weak link. Toner though was savage in set piece and the loose. He looks more and more an authority figure out there too. When you think the set piece was not so much an Achilles Heel as an Achilles Head and Torso for many a Leinster side over the years, this pack has made it our calling card.

Credit to the coaching ticket for preparing the team as well as they did. Girve got the backline flowing with Te'o at 12, where Reddan's start and Sexton's attack face helped. Kurt's defence is really clever - he has the 2 or 3 man sweeper system really humming now, where a line break is only ever a half-break until the sweepers get you.

Our game and the other semi were great ads for the Pro12. Shame the rest of the season wasn't as top-notch, but it shows the level that Leinster and the other 3 teams can achieve. Glasgow getting to another final would have been good for the Pro12, but Connacht getting in is amazing for the Irish game. I'm jealous of the buzz they must be feeling, reminds me of 2005/6/7 era Leinster....
Is this a review of this week's final? Have you got tonight's Euromillions numbers?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

goreyguy wrote:
jezzer wrote: I'm jealous of the buzz they must be feeling, reminds me of 2005/6/7 era Leinster....
they are miles off that..
??? I'm talking about the buzz among fans. Or wasn't it clear enough?!
goreyguy wrote:apart from it was only dominant when Ross left and Furlong came on.
rubbish.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

cormac wrote:

Is this a review of this week's final? Have you got tonight's Euromillions numbers?

Nordies, damn you. Nordies!!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Dexter wrote:
There wasn't even much of a din from the crowd. If that was Ravenhill you can be sure you wouldn't be able hear yourself think for all the panto booing and outrage!
Ravenhill has become one of the worst grounds for that..
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

goreyguy wrote:apart from it was only dominant when Ross left and Furlong came on.
Our pack was dominant for pretty much the entire game. Our scrum turned from rock solid to destructive around the same time Black left the field as well as around the time Furlong came on. It's hard to know which of those 2 changes made the biggest impact, but I'd wager it was the former given what we've seen all season.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

jezzer wrote:
cormac wrote:

Nordies, damn you. Nordies!!!!
OK, but explain this bit!
jezzer wrote:
Reddan was the key man to turn that front foot ball into a usable product for the backline and Sexton was finally showing us his potency as an attacking outhalf and not just sitting back in the armchair. Those two got us hitting the ball at pace and running straight, which blew apart the Connacht line regularly.
A proud Winsome Fluter
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

neiliog93 wrote:
Dexter wrote:
Ravenhill has become one of the worst grounds for that..
The worst in my opinion. Ever since Payne got red carded for his famous high jump in the Heino quarter final v Sarries two years back the booing by the Ravers faithful against ref decisions they disapprove of is off the charts.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:[

OK, but explain this bit!
jezzer wrote:
Reddan was the key man to turn that front foot ball into a usable product for the backline and Sexton was finally showing us his potency as an attacking outhalf and not just sitting back in the armchair. Those two got us hitting the ball at pace and running straight, which blew apart the Connacht line regularly.
As someone who lists his location as the home for the slightly bewildered, I wasn't expecting you to be the Brutus of this piece....