Bossy

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Bossy

Post by Peg Leg »

Thanks Isaac. You were a game changer for us, bringing an edge we didn't have before. The days of heading to France to have our tummy tickled changed to sending the hard b$&%@#ds across the water to soften them up before knocking them down.

Thanks Boss
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Bossy

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Vaguely remember being sceptical when we signed him but he was brilliant for us. You couldn't wish for a better combo than himself and Reddan in their prime, and the way he linked with SOB in particular was a huge part of what made us one of the greatest club sides ever. I've never met him but have heard from several people that he's a great guy and does lots of coaching and charity work outside of his day job. Wish him all the best!
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Great servant to Leinster, in his heyday we had unbelievable depth between two international quality 9's, doubt we'll see such quality and depth again. It was a key factor in what made us the best team in Europe.

Best of luck Bossy and thanks for everything.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Vaguely remember being sceptical when we signed him but he was brilliant for us. You couldn't wish for a better combo than himself and Reddan in their prime, and the way he linked with SOB in particular was a huge part of what made us one of the greatest club sides ever. I've never met him but have heard from several people that he's a great guy and does lots of coaching and charity work outside of his day job. Wish him all the best!
+1

Best of luck to him.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Such a valuable player for us! A great contributor to Leinster and Ireland and always ready to step up to the mark. Super competitor, super professional but always played with a smile on his face. A great guy and we're lucky to have had him. Thanks Bossy!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Favourite Boss games?

Seem to remember Metro away and Clermont in Bordeaux as being two epics.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Best of luck Issac. Many, many good days. You are an integral- not peripheral, part of our glory era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Having met him a couple of times I can only say that I always found him to be top top guy. Does a huge amount of charity work and as already been said was a large part of our success. I'd say his experienced head will be missed within the squad next season. Best of luck Bossy
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

and for a blow in :wink: playing for Ireland meant an awful lot to him
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

hugonaut wrote:Such a valuable player for us! A great contributor to Leinster and Ireland and always ready to step up to the mark. Super competitor, super professional but always played with a smile on his face. A great guy and we're lucky to have had him. Thanks Bossy!
This. He made a huge contribution.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Thanks for Everything. A tremendous player! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Brought so much value to our squad. Genuinely one of our best ever signings. Thanks for everything Isaac.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Absolute legend. Came to Leinster a good player and improved to be a very good player. Key player for us adding depth and manning up brilliantly when starting on some very tough away days.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The heartbeat of the Squad throughout every week. Total pro and kept his standards high throughout. Hope he returns here after his NZ season. Thanks Bossy, a great contribution to a great era.
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

Thanks a million Isaac and best of luck for the future. He was an invalubable part of what was,for a time, the best club team in Europe. Am I right in thinking he played for Leinster in every position except tight five?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Peg Leg wrote:Thanks Isaac. You were a game changer for us, bringing an edge we didn't have before. The days of heading to France to have our tummy tickled changed to sending the hard b$&%@#ds across the water to soften them up before knocking them down.

Thanks Boss
Couldn't agree more with this :clap:
Flying wedge
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

As someone who was banging on about getting Isaac to Leinster, I'm happy he came but even happier the way he played and took his role in the team so seriously.

Congrats on a great career.
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Post by macboomba »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Vaguely remember being sceptical when we signed him but he was brilliant for us. You couldn't wish for a better combo than himself and Reddan in their prime, and the way he linked with SOB in particular was a huge part of what made us one of the greatest club sides ever. I've never met him but have heard from several people that he's a great guy and does lots of coaching and charity work outside of his day job. Wish him all the best!
+1 In particular I remember himself and SOB linking brilliantly against Ulster in Ravenhill the year of the big freeze. Always came across as a good guy and the way the Ulster fans chatted to him after that game reinforced my thinking.

I remember that trip for there being no working showers for the team and lackof functioning toilets due to frozen pipes too. It was f###ing baltic.
"sh!t like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

hugonaut wrote:Such a valuable player for us! A great contributor to Leinster and Ireland and always ready to step up to the mark. Super competitor, super professional but always played with a smile on his face. A great guy and we're lucky to have had him. Thanks Bossy!
+1.
Excellent player for us.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

No scrum half worked the blind side as well as Boss. He always seemed to find space to put someone over the gainline in tight quarters. Always felt he manufactured so much space for our open field runners to utilise that way.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan