Bossy

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Re: Bossy

Post by Blue not red blood »

I remember being asked to a bbq for Stan in his estate when he was leaving and Boss spending he entire afternoon playing ball with all the kids.

Very approachable and a vital cog in our machine in the golden years
wwed
Learner

Post by wwed »

Great servant - intelligent, hard working and brave player who made a huge contribution through the good years. By all accounts a really decent and respected guy off the field as well. Thanks.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Blue not red blood wrote:I remember being asked to a bbq for Stan in his estate when he was leaving and Boss spending he entire afternoon playing ball with all the kids.

Anyone else see bbq & Stan in the first sentence and just read cog as dog?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Lots of goodwill on this thread for the departing Isaac Boss. It was similar when he left Ulster IIRC. Going to a rival but only kind words for his contribution up there too. At his peak, when we wouldn't know if he or Reddan would get the nod, he was brilliant. When it was the hard yards that were required, Boss was the man.
Good days in the green too don't forget. Got that last try in the Croke Park demolition of the Sassenach in 2007.
Hope he is paraded out in the semi in front of the 2 teams he gave so much to. What a fitting end that would be.
Thank you Isaac.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Vaguely remember being sceptical when we signed him but he was brilliant for us. You couldn't wish for a better combo than himself and Reddan in their prime, and the way he linked with SOB in particular was a huge part of what made us one of the greatest club sides ever. I've never met him but have heard from several people that he's a great guy and does lots of coaching and charity work outside of his day job. Wish him all the best!
Had the same sentiments when we signed him but he put in a great stint for us.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Anyone who disputes that he played an integral part in our last 2 Heineken Cups is a fool.
Beyond Leinster though, for me, he was the form outhalf in Ireland in 2011 and should have played a central role in the World Cup. If his peak hadn't coincided with us having a total douche in charge of the national side, he could have more Ireland caps...and steered us to a world cup final ;)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Thanks Isaac. Best of luck for the future.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Half-time during Friday night's match would seem the ideal occasion for a proper send-off for him.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

cormac wrote:Half-time during Friday night's match would seem the ideal occasion for a proper send-off for him.
+1
He's been a class player for us over the years and he's a class guy off the field too. Always seems to have a minute to talk to fans and always a smile on his face.
Top Bloke.
Best of luck Isaac and Thanks.
:clap:
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

DartVader wrote:
cormac wrote:Half-time during Friday night's match would seem the ideal occasion for a proper send-off for him.
+1
He's been a class player for us over the years and he's a class guy off the field too. Always seems to have a minute to talk to fans and always a smile on his face.
Top Bloke.
Either half time or just before the teams come out for kick off would be good. He deserves something like that and I am sure both sets of fans would appreciate it.

Anyone know what his plans for the future are.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I wouldn't rule out him playing on Friday
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

johng wrote:I wouldn't rule out him playing on Friday
Reddan/McGrath are healthy. Boss hasn't played in two months either. Absolutely no reason to think he will suddenly be parachuted into the 23.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Peg Leg wrote:
Blue not red blood wrote:I remember being asked to a bbq for Stan in his estate when he was leaving and Boss spending he entire afternoon playing ball with all the kids.

Anyone else see bbq & Stan in the first sentence and just read cog as dog?
Took me back to Stan's hilarious interview in the Guinness Storehouse a few years back. I thought I was going to die laughing.

Best of luck to Bossy. I first met him after his first cap for Ireland and he was an absolute gent and a lovely fella. In truth I think he was well past his best over the last couple of years but he was brilliant on some of our more physical away days and his dedication was phenomenal. Hope we see him back in Ireland at some point!
Last edited by Flash Gordon on June 8th, 2016, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

As a matter of interest, what are Bossy's full list of honours? I reckon 1 league win with Ulster, 2 with Leinster, and 2 HEC and an Amlin. A triple crown from 2007. Did he win 6N medal with Ireland under Joe?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

RoboProp wrote:As a matter of interest, what are Bossy's full list of honours? I reckon 1 league win with Ulster, 2 with Leinster, and 2 HEC and an Amlin. A triple crown from 2007. Did he win 6N medal with Ireland under Joe?

Two.

And I think he has a u19 rugby world cup winners medal with New Zealand, far from certain about that one though
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Fireworks wrote:
DartVader wrote:
+1
Top Bloke.
Either half time or just before the teams come out for kick off would be good. He deserves something like that and I am sure both sets of fans would appreciate it.

Anyone know what his plans for the future are.
I could see him coaching

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Boss is playing NPC for Waikato this season!

Gotta love these relentless Irish scrumhalves
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »