Leinster Senior Squad 2016/2017

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ChrisUppy
Graduate

Re: Leinster Senior Squad 2016/2017

Post by ChrisUppy »

Few interesting things there. Andrew Porter the heaviest player in the squad, at what? 21? What a freak. Surely somebody at Leinster has considered moving him to TH.

Didn't think Hugo Keenan was as big as the stats indicate...

Also if the stats are correct, Jack Conan has lost a stone
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

ChrisUppy wrote:Few interesting things there. Andrew Porter the heaviest player in the squad, at what? 21? What a freak. Surely somebody at Leinster has considered moving him to TH.

Porter is still 20.

Dunno about the believability of some of those stats.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ChrisUppy wrote:Few interesting things there. Andrew Porter the heaviest player in the squad, at what? 21? What a freak. Surely somebody at Leinster has considered moving him to TH.

well they say muscle is denser than fat and Porter is strong as hell plus looking at his physique, mainly chest and legs, those muscles are incredibly well developed,

a lot also depends on when these measurements are taken eg if a guy was coming of an injury theres a good chance he put on fat
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

These stats are always dodgy, apparently Toner, Strauss, Cronin and McFadden all grew an inch while Furlong, J.McGrath, Tracy, Nagle, VDF,A.Byrne, Dooley and Bent have all apparently shrunk from last season.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

neiliog93 wrote:These stats are always dodgy, apparently Toner, Strauss, Cronin and McFadden all grew an inch while Furlong, J.McGrath, Tracy, Nagle, VDF,A.Byrne, Dooley and Bent have all apparently shrunk from last season.
or they are more accurate, for instance Nagle was never listed as 6'7 before coming to Leinster, always 6'6.
Adam Byrne is not 6'4, but for some reason his profile was edited when he started playing Ireland 7's.

Some of them are highly questionable though, examples Cathal Marsh being 5'10, 90kg, Ross Molony being heavier than Mick Kearney, Billy Dardis being heavier than Dave Kearney, Dan Leavy being heavier than Rhys Ruddock, Cian Healy being lighter than Peter Dooley.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Few surprising ones there.

Didn't think Healy was that "light". Must have leaned up to save his hammers and ankles. Program vs Canada has him at 112kgs

Suprised to see Henshaw not in triple figures. He's a proper hulk of a man. Program vs Canada has him at 100kgs. Could Leinster have listed him at his weight while he was still crocked?

Also if Earls is 90kgs there is no way DK is only 85 for me.

I am assuming the correct Jack Conan is the one you have listed at 108kgs? Who was meant to be the one listed as 98kgs?
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Few surprising ones there.

Didn't think Healy was that "light". Must have leaned up to save his hammers and ankles. Program vs Canada has him at 112kgs

Suprised to see Henshaw not in triple figures. He's a proper hulk of a man. Program vs Canada has him at 100kgs. Could Leinster have listed him at his weight while he was still crocked?

Also if Earls is 90kgs there is no way DK is only 85 for me.

I am assuming the correct Jack Conan is the one you have listed at 108kgs? Who was meant to be the one listed as 98kgs?
Dominc Ryan listed at 98kg, which if true is a joke.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The Cathal Marsh one is hilarious!
A kilo lighter than Sexton, 2kg heavier than Isa and the same weight as Rob Kearney? Me hole!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

There's no way Henshaw is 6'1" or 96 kg. He's previously been listed 6'3 or 6'4 and 103 kg which seems more accurate.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

neiliog93 wrote:There's no way Henshaw is 6'1" or 96 kg. He's previously been listed 6'3 or 6'4 and 103 kg which seems more accurate.
don't think he is 6'1 but he isn't 6'4 either.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I'm 6'1" and 103kg. I have stood beside Robbie Henshaw. He is 6'3" and while his bulk is higher up his torso than mine I doubt he is lighter than me.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goign by squad pics today Jack Conan definitely looks to have slimmed down/leaned out, was much chunkier when he came back from injury earlier this year
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I looked at the Irish bios for heights and weights about a month ago and they were allover the place too.

So much so that I reckon it was some sort of deliberate effort to have them that way.

On Henshaw I am about 6'1.5" and he was at the very least 6'3" standing beside him. He's a big guy and for the most part he wasn't ever given his proper height - even when he was on the Connacht site.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I'd also have thought Tadhg Furlong is more than just 6'0. Rory Best if 5'11" and there looks to be more than an inch difference in their heights.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

All those "erroneous" stats are possibly-
A. Computer error - "Computers have minds of their own" is definite thesis material.
B. The work of a summer student handef a job nobody else wanted ie gather and enter the relevant info .
C. A dastardly attempt at deceiving our opponents.
Might guess would be A. caused by B.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:I'm 6'1" and 103kg. I have stood beside Robbie Henshaw. He is 6'3" and while his bulk is higher up his torso than mine I doubt he is lighter than me.
And there you have it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Peadar Timmins listed at 6'2 96kg.. Oisin Heffernan at 6' 118kg