Pro12 Final

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Pro12 Final

Post by hugonaut »

johng wrote:I was very disappointed with Leinster's performance on Saturday.

I was even more disappointed with the performance of our fans after the game. They all streamed out past me as soon as the whistle went with less than 10% of them (in my vicinity) remaining for the trophy presentation and to cheer Connacht. They can't all have been rushing off somewhere. Would they have waited for the presentation if we won?

This is a fundamental of Rugby that gets drilled into you from U11s. You stay to congratulate the winner. No matter how unfair you feel the loss was. (and by fock was it fair)

In 2012 the vast majority of Ulster fans stayed with us in Twickenham and cheered and sang songs for ages afterwards.

They appreciated the Rugby we played to completely outclass them.

Did we do the same when we got completely outclassed? Did we fock!

Personally I was thrilled for Connacht to win so well for the first time in their history. And to see what it means to them. Like us in the same stadium 7 years ago. Despite my disappointment at our loss.

People give out when the media say our fans are spoiled. We demonstrated it on Saturday just in case there was any doubt.
I wouldn't really be of the same opinion John. I think it's bad form if you walk out when your team is losing, other than that, each to their own. I think it's nice if the opposition fans cheer you, but I don't hold it against anybody for not supporting somebody else's team. That's not what they came to do.

I've never been a big man for finals though, so I'm not really one to talk about the atmosphere in the stadium and what feels like the right thing to do when the time comes. I get too nervous about finals with Leinster in them, and by nature I'm not inclined to book stuff months in advance. The only finals I've actually been to are the Pro12 finals in the RDS ... and f*ck me I didn't enjoy any of them, even the ones that we won! I think the only bit of enjoyment I got out of those 320 minutes of rugby was D'Arcy's try against Glasgow with about three minutes to go which put us 20 points up.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Have you considered supporting Munster, Hugo?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Didn't go to the game but the options I was looking at would have demanded I leave fairly immediately. Could maybe hang around and take a chance but if Leinster lost wouldn't have.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I find it a bit staggering that people are criticising fans for leaving after the game ended. I find the whole the whole 'these blow ins don't respect the sanctity of the ancient rugby traditions' pretty ridiculous at the best of times, but this is a new level entirely.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”