A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Centres through the Leinster System/Academy since 2010

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
He was an outhalf until very recently and in that period we were doing very well there Sexton, Madigan, McKinley
Yeah they had Madigan(1989) and McKinley(1989) over him when his academy time came, aswell as in his 1990 age group Brian Kingston and Noel Reid were playing 10 ahead of him for Leinster u20.

When he was performing in the AIL he should have been looked at, but really he was better off in Connacht where he has gotten better coaching and more gametime opportunities.
This is a point you really like to stress don't you? Should we just move the entire academy down there?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
He was an outhalf until very recently and in that period we were doing very well there Sexton, Madigan, McKinley
Yeah they had Madigan(1989) and McKinley(1989) over him when his academy time came, aswell as in his 1990 age group Brian Kingston and Noel Reid were playing 10 ahead of him for Leinster u20.

When he was performing in the AIL he should have been looked at, but really he was better off in Connacht where he has gotten better coaching and more gametime opportunities.
This is a point you really like to stress don't you? Should we just move the entire academy down there?
Is it a point you don't agree with? Who is the better coached

Personally I think the Leinster academy backs would be much better off working with Carolan every day aswell as having a experienced NZ skills coach to work with.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:
goreyguy wrote: Yeah they had Madigan(1989) and McKinley(1989) over him when his academy time came, aswell as in his 1990 age group Brian Kingston and Noel Reid were playing 10 ahead of him for Leinster u20.

Is it a point you don't agree with?

Personally I think the Leinster academy backs would be much better off working with Carolan every day aswell as having a skills coach to work with.
Actually, I don't (for various reasons) but I know it's a point you're not for shifting on so I won't waste my time. How do I know your not for shifting? Well much like I know you feel the academy hasn't produced a decent back in the last 10 years, you've told us before. In fact this would be at least the second time today you've told us backs would be better in Connacht.

My point is this, youre entitled to your opinion, I respect your opinion, for the most part they're supported by sound reasoned argument which I don't necessarily agree with but they're sound none the less. You just don't have to keep saying it. Everyone knows now.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

S'pose you could include Jordan Coghlan on that list as well
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote: Actually, I don't (for various reasons) but I know it's a point you're not for shifting on so I won't waste my time. How do I know your not for shifting? Well much like I know you feel the academy hasn't produced a decent back in the last 10 years, you've told us before. In fact this would be at least the second time today you've told us backs would be better in Connacht.

My point is this, youre entitled to your opinion, I respect your opinion, for the most part they're supported by sound reasoned argument which I don't necessarily agree with but they're sound none the less. You just don't have to keep saying it. Everyone knows now.
I'm not sure why i'm not for shifting, I'd like to understand your reasoning. And perhaps change my mind, so..

Why are backs who require developing better off at Leinster than Connacht?
Because Dempsey is a better backs coach than his counterpart at Connacht?
Because a skills coach isn't needed by professionals?
Because Peter Smyth is a better developer of backs than Nigel Carolan?

The academy steup has produced plenty of decent, good, very good & excellent backs in the past 10 years, they haven't however produced many very good ones since about 2010 though. And since then there has been a large dropoff in the quality of back produced by the underage system and academy.

Are Connacht a better coached team than Leinster? I'd say that's fairly undeniable based on this season.
Have Connacht for the most part improved the backs at their disposal? Often players overlooked by the other provinces: Niyi, Ronaldson, Robb etc.

I wish it wasn't the case but all the evidence available me to tells me that a young back who requires coaching & skill development is better off working with the coaches at Connacht presently than those at Leinster.
Last edited by goreyguy on June 9th, 2016, 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

leinsterforever wrote:S'pose you could include Jordan Coghlan on that list as well
true, another backrow they wasted time trying to develop into a "big centre"
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote: Actually, I don't (for various reasons) but I know it's a point you're not for shifting on so I won't waste my time. How do I know your not for shifting? Well much like I know you feel the academy hasn't produced a decent back in the last 10 years, you've told us before. In fact this would be at least the second time today you've told us backs would be better in Connacht.

I'm not sure why i'm not for shifting, I'd like to understand your reasoning. And perhaps change my mind, so..

The academy steup has produced plenty of decent, good, very good & excellent backs in the past 10 years, they haven't however produced many very good ones since about 2010 though. And since then there has been a large dropoff in the quality of back produced by the underage system and academy.

Are Connacht a better coached team than Leinster? I'd say that's fairly undeniable based on this season.
Have Connacht for the most part improved the backs at their disposal? Often players overlooked by the other provinces: Niyi, Ronaldson, Robb etc.

I wish it wasn't the case but all the evidence available me to tells me that a young back who requires coaching & skill development is better off working with the coaches at Connacht presently than those at Leinster.
Like I said, a soundly reasoned argument. So to save us time in a back-and-forth let me ask you one question. Is there anything in what you've just said that you haven't said at least once already in the last 2 weeks in some form or other? You've just started another thread on backs who've passed through the academy since 2010, for God's sake, how many do we need.

Like i've said already my issue is not with your arguments, my issue is with your constant repetition of them.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
goreyguy wrote:

Like I said, a soundly reasoned argument. So to save us time in a back-and-forth let me ask you one question. Is there anything in what you've just said that you haven't said at least once already in the last 2 weeks in some form or other? You've just started another thread on backs who've passed through the academy since 2010, for God's sake, how many do we need.

Like i've said already my issue is not with your arguments, my issue is with your constant repetition of them.
You said you don't agree with my point, see above bolded line.

On the issue of repetitive posts, you may have a point but last time I checked it's not against the rules to post about this topic and i'm not forcing anyone to read it or reply to it. Now if you wish to reply about why you don't agree with me about Niyi or any back thats needs to develop being better off being off being coached by the coaches at Connacht, that would be great.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Well seeing as you're quoting me I did also say "I won't waste my time" and like I also alluded to "who'd be better off coached where" was never my point. What I am more interested in is why you feel you have to keep repeating your arguments and opening multiple threads about essentially the same issues?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Well seeing as you're quoting me I did also say "I won't waste my time" and like I also alluded to "who'd be better off coached where" was never my point. What I am more interested in is why you feel you have to keep repeating your arguments and opening multiple threads about essentially the same issues?

You said you didnt want to waste your time yet thats what you are doing. Odd. If you dont want to answer than why reply? This thread had a purpose, its a breakdown of how poorly leinster have done in this area in recent years if someone doesnt wish to read it they dont have to. Stop trying to moderate my posts. Thank you.

Now if you wish to reply as to why you think young backs are better off at leinster when compared to connacht that would be great. Otherwise you are just trying to derail the thread.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Well seeing as you're quoting me I did also say "I won't waste my time" and like I also alluded to "who'd be better off coached where" was never my point. What I am more interested in is why you feel you have to keep repeating your arguments and opening multiple threads about essentially the same issues?

You said you didnt want to waste your time yet thats what you are doing. Odd. If you dont want to answer than why reply? This thread had a purpose, its a breakdown of how poorly leinster have done in this area in recent years if someone doesnt wish to read it they dont have to. Stop trying to moderate my posts. Thank you.

Now if you wish to reply as to why you think young backs are better off at leinster when compared to connacht that would be great. Otherwise you are just trying to derail the thread.
Surely whether I'm wasting my time or not is subjective (after all it's my time to waste), so shouldn't be the one to say whether its wasted or what its wasted on?

Gotta be honest man but it sounds like your dodging the question. But okay that's your prerogative. Remember at no point did I look to engage you in a discussion on the quality of the Leinster Academy (or the Connacht one for that matter). I asked you a straightforward question "do you think think we should move the Leinster academy to Connacht" to which you answered in the affirmative (I think).

Okay we'll leave it there so......but really......."derailing the thread" ........you can do better than that :lol: