A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Pre Season Fixtures

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
It could, or it could indicate that Leo/others within the branch believe that there's value to a game like this. Why jump to being worried about a hypothetical scenario straight away? Confirmation bias at its finest surely?

Do you think there's value to it?
I think (actually to be accurate, I know...) that people who know far more than me, and who are far more successful as coaches than Leo, think there is no value to it, that its a total waste of time and effort and money, that it is detrimental to the teams chances and only serves to stroke local egos.

I'm not jumping to being worried about it straight away, for me its the latest in a series of worrying indications.
Aye I think you've set out your stall on this one alright Dave.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Well we'll see over the course of the season if I'm right or not.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:Well we'll see over the course of the season if I'm right or not.
As we all know Dave, you're always right!

Didn't you mock another poster on here recently for acting like a broken record though? :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Yep, not sure what you mean though. This is, as far as I can recall, only the third time since last January that I've posted about this particular subject. Firstly after the Wasps away game, secondly after the team was announced for the Pro12 final and now this and this is actually the first time I've linked the three things (coz I only thought of it last night!) and I was actually answering a question you asked - twice!
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dave Cahill wrote:Well we'll see over the course of the season if I'm right or not.
It's one of three pre-season games. I doubt its location will matter one iota of a f%~k as to how we do next season. much like any pre-season game we've ever played before.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish