European Rugby Champions Cup

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

R-Dog
Graduate

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup

Post by R-Dog »

Anyone hazzard a guess at when the matches will be on due to which ones Sky/BT have?

Cant see us wanting Easter sunday for filling the Aviva. There was a vote about good Friday closing that got rid of it last summer I think, anyone no if it in place for this year?
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Double Post
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

There'll be two Saturday and two Sunday matches. There hasn't been a HEC/Champions Cup qf played on a Friday since 2010. Hopefully we get one of the Saturday slots.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

R-Dog wrote:Anyone hazzard a guess at when the matches will be on due to which ones Sky/BT have?

Cant see us wanting Easter sunday for filling the Aviva. There was a vote about good Friday closing that got rid of it last summer I think, anyone no if it in place for this year?
I'd imagine we will get the prime slot, whatever that is?
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

I reckon it'll be 2 games on the saturday and 2 on the sunday.

French teams tend to favour Sundays so I'd expect that for Clermont v Racing. As game of the weekend though I expect Leinster v Saracens to be in the primetime Saturday slot with kickoff between 17:00 and 19:00.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

R-Dog wrote:Anyone hazzard a guess at when the matches will be on due to which ones Sky/BT have?

The Intoxicating Liquor (Amendment) Bill, to be precise!
I have Bumbleflex
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

CiaranIrl wrote:
riocard911 wrote:The completion of the group stage has left us with a mouth watering vista: Saracen's for starters in Dublin; Scarlets - the greatest hurdle in our quest for a fourth star, IMO, as I can't see La Rochelle getting a win in Llanelli - as the main course also - luckily - in Dublin; followed by hopefully our provincial rivals Munster for dessert in Bilbao. Am feeling confident. BRING! IT!! ON!!!!
Whatever about our run to the final, I can't see Munster overcoming Clermont away in France. If we manage to get to Bilbao, then I expect it to be a classic against our favourite enemy from the tire factory.
That would be a win, win as far as I’m concerned. On the other hand my nightmare final of Saracens v Toulon is also a possibility ?.
Flying wedge
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:
riocard911 wrote:The completion of the group stage has left us with a mouth watering vista: Saracen's for starters in Dublin; Scarlets - the greatest hurdle in our quest for a fourth star, IMO, as I can't see La Rochelle getting a win in Llanelli - as the main course also - luckily - in Dublin; followed by hopefully our provincial rivals Munster for dessert in Bilbao. Am feeling confident. BRING! IT!! ON!!!!
Whatever about our run to the final, I can't see Munster overcoming Clermont away in France. If we manage to get to Bilbao, then I expect it to be a classic against our favourite enemy from the tire factory.
Don't think Clermont are great tbh.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Interesting to see which order the matches are listed on the comp site. I am open for correction but I think BT said last night they are showing Our game and Munsters so would guess one Sat and one Sun as Sky would have a game on each day too presumably

29/30/31 Mar, 1 Apr QF4 ASM Clermont Auvergne v Racing 92 TBA
29/30/31 Mar, 1 Apr QF1 Leinster Rugby v Saracens TBA
29/30/31 Mar, 1 Apr QF3 Munster Rugby v RC Toulon TBA
29/30/31 Mar, 1 Apr QF2 Scarlets v La Rochelle TBA
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Our game will most probably be on BT, seeing as they've been covering the English clubs, and there's only one left!
Dont Panic!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

R-Dog wrote:Interesting to see which order the matches are listed on the comp site. I am open for correction but I think BT said last night they are showing Our game and Munsters so would guess one Sat and one Sun as Sky would have a game on each day too presumably

I thought the French liked a late Sunday kick-off which would mean the Clermont - Racing game would be last up on Sunday as this is the only French home game available.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

domhnallj wrote:
R-Dog wrote:Interesting to see which order the matches are listed on the comp site. I am open for correction but I think BT said last night they are showing Our game and Munsters so would guess one Sat and one Sun as Sky would have a game on each day too presumably

I thought the French liked a late Sunday kick-off which would mean the Clermont - Racing game would be last up on Sunday as this is the only French home game available.
France 2 (the national station) has the prime rugby slot at 16.00 on a Sunday (which I never miss). As such, I would be very surprised if the Clermont-Racing match doesn't get that slot.
The short straw is then the other Sunday QF. You'd hope we can avoid that. My flight is booked for all eventualities anyway :)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

glenageary wrote:I heard that Sarries have 11 involved, 8 english, 2 welsh and 1 scot
They have Tolofua with France but think Williams is only Welsh player they have called up

y footrush » January 22nd, 2018, 11:27 am
simonokeeffe wrote:Scarlets have an awful lot of players involved with Wales, playing the week after 6n could be very disruptive for them

At least our opposition will also be discommoded[/quote
Do Saracens and La Rochelle have many involved ?.

La rochelle have 3 in french squad but doubt all 3 will be in any matchday squads
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

curates_egg wrote: France 2 (the national station) has the prime rugby slot at 16.00 on a Sunday (which I never miss). As such, I would be very surprised if the Clermont-Racing match doesn't get that slot.
The short straw is then the other Sunday QF. You'd hope we can avoid that. My flight is booked for all eventualities anyway :)
I'm coming in on Good Friday myself (as usual).
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

What are the kick off time slots? Last year there were two on Sat and two on Sun.

We'll surely get a Sat afternoon/evening slot. I'd say Scarlets might get the other and leave Mun and Clermont on the Sunday.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

domhnallj wrote:
curates_egg wrote: France 2 (the national station) has the prime rugby slot at 16.00 on a Sunday (which I never miss). As such, I would be very surprised if the Clermont-Racing match doesn't get that slot.
I'm coming in on Good Friday myself (as usual).
I've booked Fri - Mon flights. Perfect weekend for it
brenno
Bookworm

Post by brenno »

FWIW, here are the current odds for outright win: Leinster 17/10, Clermont 4/1, Saracens 9/2, Munster 8/1, La Rochelle 17/2, Scarlets 11/1, Toulon 16/1, Racing 22/1

Think we deserve to be favourites but those odds of 17/10 sure aren't generous to say the least.

And for the QF's. odds are:
Leinster 2/5 Saracens 11/5 - also get Leinster -6 spread at 11/10
Clermont 2/9 Racing 10/3 - Clermont spread -9
Munster 4-11 Toulon 11/5 - Munster -6 spread
Scarlets 8/13 La Rochelle 6/4 - Scarlets -3 spread
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Saracens were 25/1 on sat night to win the final again.
Happier to meet them at home rather than somewhere else.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Scarlets must be worth a bet at those odds.

BT will get their choice of the game with an English team. Looking at Premiership games that weekend, BT will probably favour Leinster v Saracens on Easter Sunday at 3.15 rather than a Saturday fixture because Arsenal, Palace and Chelsea (London Clubs) all have home fixtures on Saturday. There are no big, big, Premiership games that Sunday.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Yeah, Scarlets good value at 11/1.

Tempted to stick my bonus on Leinster at -6 and 11/10.. Think we're easily 10 pts better than them