Welcome back Niall Morris

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Stuka
Knowledgeable

Welcome back Niall Morris

Post by Stuka »

Welcome back Niall!

I hope he can put his injury woe of the last year behind him and produce the goods for us. A great talent and a strong character.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Re: Welcome back Niall Morris

Post by tigerburnie »

I was disappointed when he left Leicester, was one of my favourite players in the backs, great talent and always looking for work, good luck to him for the future.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

Was one of the conditions of Denis O'Brien's support for Jonny Sexton that Leinster must recruit a scrum half?. All of his radio stations are saying that Niall Morris is a scrum half.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rdsblue wrote:Was one of the conditions of Denis O'Brien's support for Jonny Sexton that Leinster must recruit a scrum half?. All of his radio stations are saying that Niall Morris is a scrum half.
Well if George Hook is their rugby expert
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Good luck to him. He doesn't figure on my short list of 'most desired signing' but he brings a hugely competitive personality and a culture of ruthless performance in which he more than survived. Morris performed well up to requirements for Emerging Irish a couple of years ago and scored important tries for Leicester consistently.

Welcome back and good luck.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

He's a pacy winger. If he can stay fit, who knows? Definitely worth a punt in my opinion, especially after he got released from Leicester, I would have been amazed if we weren't talking to him. Hoped we would sign him and glad that we have. I'm still hopeful to see Kirchner / Dave K / McFadden shelved at times during the season to allow game time for Byrne at the very least, and if Morris is a wild card, I'll take that.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

COYBIB wrote:He's a pacy winger. If he can stay fit, who knows? Definitely worth a punt in my opinion, especially after he got released from Leicester, I would have been amazed if we weren't talking to him. Hoped we would sign him and glad that we have. I'm still hopeful to see Kirchner / Dave K / McFadden shelved at times during the season to allow game time for Byrne at the very least, and if Morris is a wild card, I'll take that.
Same here

Well we saw the amount of gametime Marty got post 6n when we knew he was leaving, I'd be impressed by Leo's ruthlessness if that was also applied to other departing backs

Morris deserves credit too for the gametime he got with the competition he had: Agulla, Goneva, Scott Hamilton, Geordan Murphy, Tait, and in his first season there they Tuilagi amongst others too
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I remember we played London Irish in the Brook in preseason years back. Two players stood out in a pretty crappy game. Steffon Armitage and Niall Morris. Sorry to see him go then and happy to have him back. We'll have to see how much of the magic remains but any magic is better than playing Ferg.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

jezzer wrote:I remember we played London Irish in the Brook in preseason years back. Two players stood out in a pretty crappy game. Steffon Armitage and Niall Morris. Sorry to see him go then and happy to have him back. We'll have to see how much of the magic remains but any magic is better than playing Ferg.
That was before he cut his hair. I'm a strong believer that rugby players with long hair are better than when they have short hair. We are getting the short haired version of Morris. Its pretty disappointing.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Logorrhea wrote:
jezzer wrote:I remember we played London Irish in the Brook in preseason years back. Two players stood out in a pretty crappy game. Steffon Armitage and Niall Morris. Sorry to see him go then and happy to have him back. We'll have to see how much of the magic remains but any magic is better than playing Ferg.
That was before he cut his hair. I'm a strong believer that rugby players with long hair are better than when they have short hair. We are getting the short haired version of Morris. Its pretty disappointing.
We demand further examples
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Keith Wood before and after the "velcro and go" ad
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:

Star Trek:TNG - Worf with short hair - bad series, Worf with long hair - good series

Thats offset though by DS9 - Sisko with hair - bad series, Sisko without hair - good series - and by Voyager - Janeway with long hair - bad series, Janeway with bob - good series
I have Bumbleflex
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

simonokeeffe wrote:We demand further examples
BOD and Richie Gray. Its clear as day. When they cut their hair they are not as good.

Richie Grey a few years ago

Richie Gray Now

Brian O'Driscoll some time ago

Brian O'Driscoll not so long ago

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Metallica are the opposite

Grays strength was his hair, made him stand out and look good
BODs BT work has all been short haired
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Rougerie, Ian Madigan, Josh Strauss' beard, Andy Powell
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Beards are different, and Darcy's made him better
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin