Message to Curates_egg and to all of you.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Message to Curates_egg and to all of you.

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Had a great weekend there in 2013. Really enjoyed the clubhouse bar and the pub that we found. Looking forward to going back.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

St.Kenneth wrote:
There are racists and idiots in every country and I'm sure there are some folk who are anti-English walking the streets of Dublin.
I've lost count in the last 31 years of visiting, living and working here, of being held personally responsible for the 800 years of oppression suffered. Many say it in jest, but it gets tiresome after all those years. A few, especially the couple of scumbags who wore Manchester United and Arsenal shirts, as they abused me and my other half, a born and bred Dub, were quite scary in their vindictiveness. I've never had it in the 16 years of following Leinster (Most as a STH), both home and away, from fellow Leinster fans. It's been nothing but good vibes, (except when I mention I still have a soft spot for the team I followed for a few seasons back in England, who were based in Watford. Then I do get dog's abuse).
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I'm glad you've finally owned up to it hornet, now we can all move on... :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Hornet wrote:
St.Kenneth wrote:
There are racists and idiots in every country and I'm sure there are some folk who are anti-English walking the streets of Dublin.
I've lost count in the last 31 years of visiting, living and working here, of being held personally responsible for the 800 years of oppression suffered. Many say it in jest, but it gets tiresome after all those years. A few, especially the couple of scumbags who wore Manchester United and Arsenal shirts, as they abused me and my other half, a born and bred Dub, were quite scary in their vindictiveness. I've never had it in the 16 years of following Leinster (Most as a STH), both home and away, from fellow Leinster fans. It's been nothing but good vibes, (except when I mention I still have a soft spot for the team I followed for a few seasons back in England, who were based in Watford. Then I do get dog's abuse).
domhnallj wrote:I'm glad you've finally owned up to it hornet, now we can all move on... :D
Hold on a minute, before we go doling out forgiveness willy nilly can we be more specific about what Hornet is confessing to?

Is it the 800 years of oppression or is it the continued secretive support for Saracens?

One of those things is infinitely more forgivable than the other. :D :D :shock:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

:oops: Does this mean that I have to burn my little Sarries the camel toy mascot in an act of contrition at the game in Tallaght, or can I give it to the other half's Granddaughters? Mind you everyone on this board has their dirty little secret, don't they? :wink:
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Hornet wrote::oops: Does this mean that I have to burn my little Sarries the camel toy mascot in an act of contrition at the game in Tallaght, or can I give it to the other half's Granddaughters? Mind you everyone on this board has their dirty little secret, don't they? :wink:
If you head up here with the Sarries camel we will burn it for you and slap you the whole way back down to Dublin in an attempt to get the message through that buying or obtaining one in the first place was an extremely stupid thing to do.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

By the way, I'm fully booked for this now, so I am going to brave the wilds of Brexit England after all ;)
I've noted that after increasing by almost 60% in England, hate crimes have now levelled off at an increase of 15% on their former levels.
That said, it seems Northampton has thankfully not been affected by the trend http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/new ... -1-7452949

I only stayed in the clubhouse after the last game and then got the train but am planning to stay around this time, so if anyone knows of good pubs, I'm all ears.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

St.Kenneth wrote:There are racists and idiots in every country and I'm sure there are some folk who are anti-English walking the streets of Dublin.
Interesting reading this thread. Regarding the bold part of your statement, I guess I always thought Dublin was pretty clean in that sense, but having moved back here for the first time since 2009, with someone who is not from this part of the world, I have experienced - or, more like, she has - some awful moments in Dublin. Alarming how often young people walk behind an Asian person and pull their eyes with their fingers, among-st other things (particular animal reference). There is zero comparison between my experience in Seoul and her experience in Dublin. I would say the situation is so bad that I am prepared to turn my back and Dublin and say 'to hell with it'. If these things happened once or twice, you could maybe brush it aside. Dublin is very multicultural and I appreciate that the city is held in very high regard by most visitors.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Not discounting your experience but one of my immediate family members is Asian and when I asked her about racism said she had never, not even once, been a victim of racism. That/s purely anecdotal and Im not saying there's no societal problem.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

curates_egg wrote:By the way, I'm fully booked for this now, so I am going to brave the wilds of Brexit England after all ;)
I've noted that after increasing by almost 60% in England, hate crimes have now levelled off at an increase of 15% on their former levels.
That said, it seems Northampton has thankfully not been affected by the trend http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/new ... -1-7452949

I only stayed in the clubhouse after the last game and then got the train but am planning to stay around this time, so if anyone knows of good pubs, I'm all ears.
Don't worry, I'll look after you. Incidentally, I owe Mikey £90 for my tickets in section D so you know....like...karma dude.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

domhnallj wrote:
curates_egg wrote:By the way, I'm fully booked for this now, so I am going to brave the wilds of Brexit England after all ;)

Don't worry, I'll look after you. Incidentally, I owe Mikey £90 for my tickets in section D so you know....like...karma dude.
I bought our tickets in the Tetley Block: I thought that's where the Leinster crew was last time. We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens. Heady days.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Message to Curates_egg and to all of y

Post by domhnallj »

I thought most people were in section d. We were in c.

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

The only abuse suffered on my night in Northampton was in trying to get a drink or take a piss at the stadium. What a gong show!
Must have done themselves out of serious sales by not being able to handle the demand - 20 minutes queue for a beer. I don't remember it being like that last time.
Once you saw the queue for the jacksers, you didn't really want to drink too much mind.

Lovely fans, as expected. Good pie too!
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

St. Kenneth, commiserations on the last few weeks. Nobody likes to see a real rugby club struggle like that. Here's hoping the club bounce back for next season. Premiership rugby is safe thanks to Bristol doinf as well as they do (interesting that 12th league spot just seems like such a gulf to bridge between leagues), and with presumably no Champions Cup rugby next season, there'll be plenty of focus on developing the squad (chellenge cup helps with some decent game time for up and coming players) and the league takes main / only focus.

Just a question on a comment you made about JJ Hanrahan previously, you didn't seem to rate him last season. Honestly probably the only bits I've seen him play have been against us over the last 2 weekends, but I thought he looked sharp, one of your better running threats in the backline. Has he had a better year this year, or did he just look good in an otherwise poor performing team?

Any feelings on the rumours he's back to Munster next season?
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.