How can the back three be improved in the short/long term?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: How can the back three be improved in the short/long ter

Post by Dexter »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Wow this thread has spiraled into the very depths of pedantism.

If Michaels are so good how come they've only won the SCT twice?

If Kelleher is so good why hasn't he been capped for the ABs yet?

Personally I think I know more rugby chants and can down a pint faster than him. So I'm glad he's gone.

I wish Leinster were smarter about their academy players. There's young players like Molony, Ringrose, VDF, Carbery, Leavy, Conan, Tracy, L McGrath who no one has even HEARD of because Leinster WONT GIVE THEM ANY GAME TIME.

WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR!!!

I think I have sufficiently covered all of the arguments made.

Kelleher is gone. Whether he should have or not is irrelevant. Leinster have gradually improved their game bit by bit over the last 2 seasons. Maul has improved, lineout has improved, general ruck work has improved, center partnership has improved. Next on the list is back 3. I can feel it
:lol: Think you've covered most things there.... except you didn't use Tapatalk
Dont Panic!
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: However, I cannot help but feel that with respect to the Boss or Toss thread you are missing one of the integral elements of our sport - the wicked sense of humour and sense of fun players have in teasing each other, if ever you've attended a dinner and speech led by a real rugby bloke you'll hear the most profound mocking, wicked wind ups, tales of escapades and kangaroo courts, forwards calling backs girls, backs shopping with the other girls.

This is as much a part of our game as any mission statement agreed by committee in a unions HQ over cigars and scotch, and it is what I, for one, love to see reflected on ours, and other rugby forums.

So have your opinion on what belongs on this board, but please do not presume to tell me how to enjoy reading, analysing and replying to other posters this site.

With respect to the "Band of Brothers" and "Real Rugby Blokes" getting it, I know LOADS of real rugby blokes and not one of us get why Leinster should be a Michael's past pupils team - even the Michael's boys there - and guess how we came to that conclusion - because it's real rugby blokes who sit, stand and stagger at our matches and we talk to each other about real rugby in a suitably real manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(1) As I said, the fun element is almost more important than the sport itself. Over a 40 year involvement in the game, 20 as a player through all age grades I have and will continue to fill my boots in every bit of fun I can garner.

(2) I have at no point told anyone to do or think anything. But I do advocate for the values to be upheld and that doesn't stop people having shed loads of fun without being harmful or OTT disrespectful as happened elsewhere here. Disrespect to nameless keyboard adversaries is one thing, but to retired greats of the game is, in my opinion, against the values and ethos of our sport and community (the true measure of which is evident in how the national and international rugby community is reacting to Axel's passing by showing respect for him and Munster). I will continue to call out whatever I see to be contrary to those values. People will agree or disagree.

(3) Neither did this St Michael's geezer come remotely close to saying "Leinster should be a Michael's past pupils team" because it is such a ridiculous notion it couldn't even be conceived by an idiot...not even this one. You have either deliberately or innocently misconstrued my soft point which is, that having a group of people on a team who know and back each other's play through thick and thin should be a positive dynamic in a pro sport like rugby and that Kelleher's return would further bolster the unusual numbers in the Leinster squad from you know where. I did not say they should be given jobs for life or that Leo should seek to recuit and play 15 people from my alma mater. I would be of this same view were there to be a similar grouping from any other school or rugby club.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

backrower8 wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: However, I cannot help but feel that with respect to the Boss or Toss thread you are missing one of the integral elements of our sport - the wicked sense of humour and sense of fun players have in teasing each other, if ever you've attended a dinner and speech led by a real rugby bloke you'll hear the most profound mocking, wicked wind ups, tales of escapades and kangaroo courts, forwards calling backs girls, backs shopping with the other girls.

This is as much a part of our game as any mission statement agreed by committee in a unions HQ over cigars and scotch, and it is what I, for one, love to see reflected on ours, and other rugby forums.

So have your opinion on what belongs on this board, but please do not presume to tell me how to enjoy reading, analysing and replying to other posters this site.

With respect to the "Band of Brothers" and "Real Rugby Blokes" getting it, I know LOADS of real rugby blokes and not one of us get why Leinster should be a Michael's past pupils team - even the Michael's boys there - and guess how we came to that conclusion - because it's real rugby blokes who sit, stand and stagger at our matches and we talk to each other about real rugby in a suitably real manner.

(1) As I said, the fun element is almost more important than the sport itself. Over a 40 year involvement in the game, 20 as a player through all age grades I have and will continue to fill my boots in every bit of fun I can garner.

(2) I have at no point told anyone to do or think anything. But I do advocate for the values to be upheld and that doesn't stop people having shed loads of fun without being harmful or OTT disrespectful as happened elsewhere here. Disrespect to nameless keyboard adversaries is one thing, but to retired greats of the game is, in my opinion, against the values and ethos of our sport and community (the true measure of which is evident in how the national and international rugby community is reacting to Axel's passing by showing respect for him and Munster). I will continue to call out whatever I see to be contrary to those values. People will agree or disagree.

(3) Neither did this St Michael's geezer come remotely close to saying "Leinster should be a Michael's past pupils team" because it is such a ridiculous notion it couldn't even be conceived by an idiot...not even this one. You have either deliberately or innocently misconstrued my soft point which is, that having a group of people on a team who know and back each other's play through thick and thin should be a positive dynamic in a pro sport like rugby and that Kelleher's return would further bolster the unusual numbers in the Leinster squad from you know where. I did not say they should be given jobs for life or that Leo should seek to recuit and play 15 people from my alma mater. I would be of this same view were there to be a similar grouping from any other school or rugby club.
TLDR

Moving on, who captained Scotland to Calcutta cup victory and scored a century v Australia in the ashes?

backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

TLDR me foot! It was as long as your reply and we all know you read it anyway :roll:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Don't dodge the question

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

TLDR

Moving on, who captained Scotland to Calcutta cup victory and scored a century v Australia in the ashes?

Answer is David Sole and Kevin Pietersen

COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Adam Byrne has 6 tries in 6 appearances. He must be persisted with on the wing and given the opportunity in the big games.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Besides the tries, he was absolutely excellent yesterday.

Now granted it was Zebre, but he tackled, made yards, was positionally good, kicking was ok and he looked for work inside too.

B. Daly was great too. One huge break.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

wixfjord wrote:Besides the tries, he was absolutely excellent yesterday.

Now granted it was Zebre, but he tackled, made yards, was positionally good, kicking was ok and he looked for work inside too.

I think we're seeing the benefits of players playing 7s in Tom Daly's passing prowess and Barry Daly and Adam Byrne's slickness and running ability
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

leinsterforever wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Besides the tries, he was absolutely excellent yesterday.

I think we're seeing the benefits of players playing 7s in Tom Daly's passing prowess and Barry Daly and Adam Byrne's slickness and running ability
I agree (but brace yourself for incoming fire)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon