Leinster v Ulster Sat 13th August

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat 13th August

Post by simonokeeffe »

John23 wrote:
alanair wrote:so if there's no parking @ Navan RFC for tomorrow, can anyone with local knowledge suggest where those of us travelling CAN park maybe ?? .....from previous visits, I dont recall it being an area where ther might be parking nearby !!
Car park of Ardboyne Hotel near by?
In reply to DC on twitter Leinster say parking in Meath CoCo building Dublin Road (ten min walk)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

No bloody parking at all and only limited parking nearby. Have a ticket bought for the match but not sure I can be arsed with this bullshit.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

I agree... surely this is something that should have been properly addressed before deciding to play the match there ...what a pain in the Bo**ix !!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:
John23 wrote:
alanair wrote:so if there's no parking @ Navan RFC for tomorrow, can anyone with local knowledge suggest where those of us travelling CAN park maybe ?? .....from previous visits, I dont recall it being an area where ther might be parking nearby !!
Car park of Ardboyne Hotel near by?
In reply to DC on twitter Leinster say parking in Meath CoCo building Dublin Road (ten min walk)
yeah, I've tried to park there before for PTC games - note: 'tried'
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

alanair wrote:I agree... surely this is something that should have been properly addressed before deciding to play the match there ...what a pain in the Bo**ix !!
There was other bullshite the last time they played a game there with the bar ramping up the prices on the day to screw the fans over. I'm all for playing games out in the province, but surely there are better options than this place?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Triggs? Why the hell could't we give James Ryan a run out? Maro Itoje was playing for Sarries in the Premiership the same season he played for England's U20s in the world cup. He's now a superstar, having won a Grand Slam, the Premiership, the ERCC and a Test series away to Australia all at the age of 21 - and he's a second row, not a winger. FFS. Why does it take the provinces and our national system so long to bring the young guys through?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ryan just played a very intensive JRWC program. Plus Itoje was brought through as a 6, that option isnt there
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Ryan just played a very intensive JRWC program. Plus Itoje was brought through as a 6, that option isnt there
Points - both good - taken.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Anybody care to offer some insight into this Barry Daly chap?
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

COYBIB wrote:Anybody care to offer some insight into this Barry Daly chap?
24 yrs old, decent sized wing, played underage rugby all the way up.. including ireland u20

narrowly missed academy a few years ago, almost join munster academy but didn't. been playing AIL for UCD since.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Donny B. wrote:No bloody parking at all and only limited parking nearby. Have a ticket bought for the match but not sure I can be arsed with this bullshit.
Loads of parking within 10 minutes walk – Kilcarn Court, Lime Kiln Hall, Johnstown Shopping center etc. 109 bus stop is 50 yards away.
I drive from Navan to pretty much every Leinster game in Dublin, rarely get to park in Bective, Old Wesley or on the front lawn of the RDS but don’t complain. There is a world outside Dublin 4.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I think you should tell Donny more about this supposed world outside D4, his butler never lets him leave his estate without a jug of pimms and a fresh cheroot
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Barry wrote:
Donny B. wrote:No bloody parking at all and only limited parking nearby. Have a ticket bought for the match but not sure I can be arsed with this bullshit.
Loads of parking within 10 minutes walk – Kilcarn Court, Lime Kiln Hall, Johnstown Shopping center etc. 109 bus stop is 50 yards away.
I drive from Navan to pretty much every Leinster game in Dublin, rarely get to park in Bective, Old Wesley or on the front lawn of the RDS but don’t complain. There is a world outside Dublin 4.
I realise that thanks and good for you. The difference is, you know where you're going when you come to Dublin. Still a shambles that they only realise there's no parking at the ground only the day before the game.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

riocard911 wrote:Triggs? Why the hell could't we give James Ryan a run out? Maro Itoje was playing for Sarries in the Premiership the same season he played for England's U20s in the world cup. He's now a superstar, having won a Grand Slam, the Premiership, the ERCC and a Test series away to Australia all at the age of 21 - and he's a second row, not a winger. FFS. Why does it take the provinces and our national system so long to bring the young guys through?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard that many of the senior tourists won't see any pre season game time due to the extra long playing season and are restricted to when there allowed back playing and are due to get a minimum 6-8 weeks pre season (South Africa tour) so I'm presuming james Ryan falls into this category due to JWC
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

erskinechilders wrote:Is Abdaladze being converted to a tighthead? Can't imagine either Porter or Dooley are. It'll be interesting to see how Sean McNulty goes this year, very sizeable hooker for an Irish team to have. Really hope Leavy steps up this year and has a massive year, putting big pressure and the players in front of him.
Heard that Loughman being moved across to TH
Where he is at the moment, no idea but he seems to be the one making the trip across
Dirk Stickler
Bookworm

Post by Dirk Stickler »

Gearzbox2 wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Triggs? Why the hell could't we give James Ryan a run out? Maro Itoje was playing for Sarries in the Premiership the same season he played for England's U20s in the world cup. He's now a superstar, having won a Grand Slam, the Premiership, the ERCC and a Test series away to Australia all at the age of 21 - and he's a second row, not a winger. FFS. Why does it take the provinces and our national system so long to bring the young guys through?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard that many of the senior tourists won't see any pre season game time due to the extra long playing season and are restricted to when there allowed back playing and are due to get a minimum 6-8 weeks pre season (South Africa tour) so I'm presuming james Ryan falls into this category due to JWC

Porter's in the squad, as is Vakh Abdaladze. Both played in the JWC.

Don't really know why Ryan isn't there but Triggs, Nagle and Molony would all be seen as senior to him for the moment i'd imagine. He has only just joined the academy. I'd imagine we'll see him and Deegan at some stage this season, if only briefly.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

The jrwc props were rotated/subbed far more than anyone else let alone the skipper ryan

EDIT Porter played more minutes than Ryan did at JRWC, back to Porter is ready physique wise whereas Ryan isnt, and we need a certain amount of props to fulfill the fixture
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

simonokeeffe wrote:The jrwc props were rotated/subbed far more than anyone else let alone the skipper ryan

EDIT Porter played more minutes than Ryan did at JRWC, back to Porter is ready physique wise whereas Ryan isnt, and we need a certain amount of props to fulfill the fixture
I doff my hat. :clap:
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Ulster match day squad to play Leinster, Navan RFC, Saturday 13th August, 3pm:

Forwards
Kyle McCall, Andy Warwick, Michael Lagan, John Andrew, Johnny Murphy, Zack McCall, Johnny Simpson, Rodney Ah You, Ross Kane, Connor Smyth, Alex Thompson, John Donnan, Alan O'Connor, Stephen Mulholland, Clive Ross, Conall Boomer, Nick Timoney, Matthew Rea.

Backs
Dave Shanahan, Angus Lloyd, Aaron Cairns, Andrew Magrath, Johnny McPhillips, Brett Herron, Sam Windsor, Mark Best, Rory Butler, Jacob Stockdale, David Busby, Conor Kelly, Robert Lyttle, Louis Ludik.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd say Ryan will be very lucky to see 100 minutes of senior (ie not 'A') gametime this year. With Dev being our only Irish player and Nagle, Molony, Triggs McCarthy and Mick K there there isn't much room for him.

Our best stocked second row for years. I'm really excited to see how Molony and Kearney in particular kick on. They both had some excellent games last year.