Re: Injuries 16/17

Post by wixfjord »

He's a very bizarre poster at times, but this takes the biscuit. :lol:
Dirk Stickler
Bookworm

Post by Dirk Stickler »

Gearzbox2 wrote:
Dirk Stickler wrote:Anyone know when Jamie, Jordi, Ross, etc will be allowed to play?

Should be interesting to see if there's an actual battle for the back up 10 jersey.

12- 16 weeks given for Robbie Henshaw is from when he had the surgery. So 8-12 weeks now.
Saw the list of injuries there
Not great reading, presume Irish lads will get back in the next few weeks probably depending on gametine on the tour
Saw the Kearney brothers, Sean O'Brien and J heaslip opened another bar
Barring Jamie it would be nice to see the former 3 string a few games together before maybe opening another booze establishment
Seems like their prerogatives are all over the place
Just my humble opinion
I've no real knowledge to back this up but I wouldn't have thought any of the lads involved would really be putting in too much elbow grease. They're shareholders (minority I imagine) and use their names/ social media to promote the bar/ restaurant/ beauty parlour.

Either way, it's no bad thing for professional athletes to have interests outside of the sport.

I don't think Roy Keane had all that hip trouble because he was spending too much time with guide dogs.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dirk Stickler wrote:
Gearzbox2 wrote:
Dirk Stickler wrote:Anyone know when Jamie, Jordi, Ross, etc will be allowed to play?

Should be interesting to see if there's an actual battle for the back up 10 jersey.

12- 16 weeks given for Robbie Henshaw is from when he had the surgery. So 8-12 weeks now.
Saw the list of injuries there
Not great reading, presume Irish lads will get back in the next few weeks probably depending on gametine on the tour
Saw the Kearney brothers, Sean O'Brien and J heaslip opened another bar
Barring Jamie it would be nice to see the former 3 string a few games together before maybe opening another booze establishment
Seems like their prerogatives are all over the place
Just my humble opinion
I've no real knowledge to back this up but I wouldn't have thought any of the lads involved would really be putting in too much elbow grease. They're shareholders (minority I imagine) and use their names/ social media to promote the bar/ restaurant/ beauty parlour.

Either way, it's no bad thing for professional athletes to have interests outside of the sport.

I don't think Roy Keane had all that hip trouble because he was spending too much time with guide dogs.
But it's making them more injured, or less uninjured, or something????
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

I guess SOB should pack in the farming also. He's much more likely to get injured pulling calves than he is pulling a pint.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Leinster have lost a number of players to injury during their pre-season, including Jack Conan (ankle, out for eight weeks), Ian Fitzpatrick (cruciate ligament) and Billy Dardis (shoulder, four months).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

in/on the 42.ie SOB expecting to be back on the pitch in November, says the op went great and is healing well
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

simonokeeffe wrote:in/on the 42.ie SOB expecting to be back on the pitch in November, says the op went great and is healing well
I heard it was a lot sooner. He's back training the past few weeks. Was expecting him for Munster or Castres.

Strauss due any week now too.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:in/on the 42.ie SOB expecting to be back on the pitch in November, says the op went great and is healing well
I heard it was a lot sooner. He's back training the past few weeks. Was expecting him for Munster or Castres.

Half of their articles are one sentence of a quote stretched out so maybe they/I have it wrong

Strauss is good news and hes badly needed
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
johng wrote:

Half of their articles are one sentence of a quote stretched out so maybe they/I have it wrong

no he isn't.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
johng wrote: Half of their articles are one sentence of a quote stretched out so maybe they/I have it wrong

no he isn't.
Our Set piece begs to differ
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

He hasn't played consistently well in about three years.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

neiliog93 wrote:He hasn't played consistently well in about three years.
thank you.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

SOB on retiring:

“That is basically what it would be if I tore (the hamstring) again so I don’t think there would be another option,” the 29-year old added. “That’s why I am taking my time, why there is no deadline. That’s just the way it is.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

That Examiner article wrote:It’s welcome news for a man who has undergone close to 20 surgeries in the course of his career and it puts him on course for a return on October 23, when Leinster visit Montpellier for their second Champions Cup assignment.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Him and 50 other guys
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

get out of that garden

hes still our best scrummaging hooker, better all round player by some distance from Byrne, and despite a decline in this facet a better thrower than Tracey

non academy graduate hooker who may force Cronin to 12, what was I thinking praising him, all the extremists will be inbound on this now

(no reference to you Neil, am just politely disagreeing with you)

Say what you want about Strauss but if Cronin went off injured v Munster, Castres, Montpellier, Saints nobody who wants the team to win wants Byrne or Treacy coming on ahead of him
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I honestly would have Tracy ahead of him at this stage. Strauss does have a slight edge in the scrum over Cronin, but his throwing has gone to pot and is probably actually less reliable than Cronin or Tracy's now. Strauss' contribution in the loose has also waned quite a bit. Tracy is the 'big, mean and beefy' hooker Ireland haven't had since Jackman.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:I honestly would have Tracy ahead of him at this stage. Strauss does have a slight edge in the scrum over Cronin, but his throwing has gone to pot and is probably actually less reliable than Cronin or Tracy's now. Strauss' contribution in the loose has also waned quite a bit. Tracy is the 'big, mean and beefy' hooker Ireland haven't had since Jackman.
Except that Tracy isnt mean or beefy, hes tall and lean for the position, mobile & good skilled carrier, but Strauss brings much better scrummaging plus the tackling and jackalling

Our pack abounds with carriers so Tracy's main strength is an area we're already strong in

I have my doubts about how many years Strauss has left so no problem with Tracy getting league time ahead of Strauss is gimme league games but Tracy needs to sort his throwing too
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:I honestly would have Tracy ahead of him at this stage. Strauss does have a slight edge in the scrum over Cronin, but his throwing has gone to pot and is probably actually less reliable than Cronin or Tracy's now. Strauss' contribution in the loose has also waned quite a bit. Tracy is the 'big, mean and beefy' hooker Ireland haven't had since Jackman.
Except that Tracy isnt mean or beefy, hes tall and lean for the position, mobile & good skilled carrier, but Strauss brings much better scrummaging plus the tackling and jackalling

Our pack abounds with carriers so Tracy's main strength is an area we're already strong in

I have my doubts about how many years Strauss has left so no problem with Tracy getting league time ahead of Strauss is gimme league games but Tracy needs to sort his throwing too
+1
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Strauss can't jackle effectively any more though.