Leinster V Treviso 02/09/16 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster V Treviso 02/09/16 19:35

Post by riocard911 »

FLIP wrote:Any highlights of this anywhere? Don't really have the time to watch the whole match, and the Pro12 youtube hasn't got anything up yet.
Yeah, what's the story? Pro 12 asleep at the wheel it seems. They have none of the match highlights up, whereas on the Aviva Premiership website you can watch ten minute condensed versions of all the matches from the weekend.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

riocard911 wrote:
FLIP wrote:Any highlights of this anywhere? Don't really have the time to watch the whole match, and the Pro12 youtube hasn't got anything up yet.
Yeah, what's the story?
The story is they let their intern loose on the highlights and ruined them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuU0G_x ... youtu.be&a

Let's keep the commentary, thanks.
Anyone But New Zealand
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Things didn't click against Treviso but remember it took Connacht over 2 seasons to really click. It shouldn't take Leinster that long but a few months I'd say.

Treviso are much improved and will cause some upsets this season.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

I've tried to watch the match on TG4 player a couple of times on my PC with no success but I can watch it on my lap top.
Anyone have this problem. I'm using Firefox.
If I use chrome it's fine btw so I'm guessing it's a browser issue?.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschool wrote:I've tried to watch the match on TG4 player a couple of times on my PC with no success but I can watch it on my lap top.
Is it on the TG4 player? I looked but I couldn't find it. I watched it on the Pro 12 YouTube channel and on Leinster TV and was disgusted that the Irish language commentary had been overdubbed with some stupid canned music. Will they do that to Welsh and BBC Alba broadcasts too? How about RAI Uno? Still bullin!!!!!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

riocard911 wrote:
Oldschool wrote:I've tried to watch the match on TG4 player a couple of times on my PC with no success but I can watch it on my lap top.
Is it on the TG4 player? I looked but I couldn't find it. I watched it on the Pro 12 YouTube channel and on Leinster TV and was disgusted that the Irish language commentary had been overdubbed with some stupid canned music. Will they do that to Welsh and BBC Alba broadcasts too? How about RAI Uno? Still bullin!!!!!

They done the same with the Welsh commentary. For some reason they'd rather no sound of the match.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

riocard911 wrote:
Jaysus lads you have to try reeealy hard to not be able to watch the game back on tg4. Click on the player and the games are below in date order. Leinster's is in the top 2.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

dropkick wrote:
riocard911 wrote:

They done the same with the Welsh commentary. For some reason they'd rather no sound of the match.
hat

Well that's pathetic and small-minded to boot!!!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

riocard911 wrote:
dropkick wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Is it on the TG4 player? I looked but I couldn't find it. I watched it on the Pro 12 YouTube channel and on Leinster TV and was disgusted that the Irish language commentary had been overdubbed with some stupid canned music. Will they do that to Welsh and BBC Alba broadcasts too? How about RAI Uno? Still bullin!!!!!

Well that's pathetic and small-minded to boot!!!
I got heckled by some knob on the youtube feed when I pointed out that how they had it before was better - must of been the social meedya intern at the Pro12 who thought shite music over the video was a good idea.
Anyone But New Zealand
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Also the Pro 12 clips come in at around three minutes. Contrast that with what one gets on the Aviva Premiership website: abridged match versions about ten minutes in length. I'm all for the Pro 12 competing and being able to compete with the Top 12 and the Premiership in all aspects, but certainly in terms of video highlights / Youtube they're offering an inferior product and need to up their game.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Not defending their coverage but the sound thing could be a copyright issue because of the different territories and broadcast deals.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

johng wrote:Not defending their coverage but the sound thing could be a copyright issue because of the different territories and broadcast deals.
Good point. It could also be that whoever is editing the stuff only has English and doesn't no where to edit soundwise. I did however write to them per e-mail on this matter "not as a complaint, but rather as constructive criticism", and am still waiting to hear back.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Maybe it's because of the different languages too?

Edit: I see this has been covered somewhat.