Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 26th, 2018, 4:27 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The interview Lancaster did recently sure made it sound like he needed to spend more time at home so I'm fully expecting him to leave Leinster. I know the Ireland job would mean that he would be away for long periods a few times every year but overall it looks like a great fit. As much as we improved in Leo's first season Lancaster still had to unMoc us a bit so it would be interesting to see what he could with Ireland assuming that Joe leaves us in a good place, plus the young Leinster lads that he'll have helped developed over the previous couple of years should really be able to kick on with him as they enter their prime.

I'm guessing Joe will head back to NZ but from a tugby POV I'd love to see him go for something like the French job, imagine what he could do with their side and the young players they have coming through? Obviously from an Irish rugby fan POV I just hope he goes back to teaching.


+1
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby errlloyd » November 28th, 2018, 2:49 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm guessing Joe will head back to NZ but from a tugby POV I'd love to see him go for something like the French job, imagine what he could do with their side and the young players they have coming through? Obviously from an Irish rugby fan POV I just hope he goes back to teaching.


From an Irish fan POV I have this dream. Joe is walking on a beach in Auckland, he looks older but happier - like a weight has been lifted. His jacket is slung over his shoulder. He spots the man he's been looking for. Isa Nacewa is crounched on the front of a small beached fishing boat, sanding the deck with his back to Joe. He turns, see's Joe. He smiles, gets to his feet. The camera briefly pans back to Joe his smile widens. The camera begins to zoom out to an aerial view, as the men walk towards each other and embrace on the beach. It fades to black. But we learn in the end credits that they become the 2021 coaching ticket for the Auckland Blues. They win 5 or 6 Super Rugby titles in a row, but never bother taking up AB's positions.
errlloyd
Beginner
 
Posts: 25
Joined: April 12th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby The Doc » November 28th, 2018, 5:27 pm

errlloyd wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm guessing Joe will head back to NZ but from a tugby POV I'd love to see him go for something like the French job, imagine what he could do with their side and the young players they have coming through? Obviously from an Irish rugby fan POV I just hope he goes back to teaching.


From an Irish fan POV I have this dream. Joe is walking on a beach in Auckland, he looks older but happier - like a weight has been lifted. His jacket is slung over his shoulder. He spots the man he's been looking for. Isa Nacewa is crounched on the front of a small beached fishing boat, sanding the deck with his back to Joe. He turns, see's Joe. He smiles, gets to his feet. The camera briefly pans back to Joe his smile widens. The camera begins to zoom out to an aerial view, as the men walk towards each other and embrace on the beach. It fades to black. But we learn in the end credits that they become the 2021 coaching ticket for the Auckland Blues. They win 5 or 6 Super Rugby titles in a row, but never bother taking up AB's positions.


This is getting dangerously close to fan fiction - 50 Shades of (Auckland) Blue
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » November 28th, 2018, 7:08 pm

The Shawshank analogy implies that Irish rugby was a prison for Isa and Joe...not sure about that but I suppose Nucifora would make a good warden.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11487
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby CiaranIrl » December 2nd, 2018, 8:35 pm

Brendan Fanning was saying he might be off to Bath at the end of the season. Would be a huge shame to lose him.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
User avatar
CiaranIrl
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 11:23 am
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby blockhead » December 2nd, 2018, 9:04 pm

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/stuart-lancasters-future-adds-extra-layer-of-intrigue-to-leinsters-bath-visit-37585960.html

Fanning thinks it's more probable than possible. Bomber's contract is up at the end of the season is it not? Every club in Europe would love to have him. But is Bath not harder to get to than Dublin from Yorkshire? Unless he plans to move down there.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4843
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby Blue not red blood » December 2nd, 2018, 9:05 pm

Sure Leeds to Bath is longer commute than Dublin.
Don’t see the advantage for him in that move either professionally or personally
User avatar
Blue not red blood
Mullet
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby jimbobjoe » December 3rd, 2018, 10:16 am

Blue not red blood wrote:Sure Leeds to Bath is longer commute than Dublin.
Don’t see the advantage for him in that move either professionally or personally


Agreed. He's not exactly the Bruce Craig type.
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
User avatar
jimbobjoe
Mullet
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: September 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby mildlyinterested » December 3rd, 2018, 10:20 am

IMO retaining Lancaster is of upmost priority.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2404
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby mildlyinterested » December 4th, 2018, 6:52 am

"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

"There hasn't been a huge amount of talk about it. Certainly, from players it is a year away and so much can change within a year. But certainly Stuart is a huge part of the club."
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2404
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby Peg Leg » December 4th, 2018, 11:49 am

mildlyinterested wrote:"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

"There hasn't been a huge amount of talk about it. Certainly, from players it is a year away and so much can change within a year. But certainly Stuart is a huge part of the club."
Some context would be great
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby mildlyinterested » December 4th, 2018, 11:55 am

Peg Leg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

"There hasn't been a huge amount of talk about it. Certainly, from players it is a year away and so much can change within a year. But certainly Stuart is a huge part of the club."
Some context would be great


quote from Rob Kearney on Lancaster's influence on setup.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2404
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby Laighin Break » December 4th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Not sure if I should mention here or in the Podcasts thread, but Lancaster is doing a podcast series with Ger Gilroy on Off The Ball about Leadership, and it is well worth a listen.
He had previously done an interview with Michael Gervais on his podcast 'Finding Mastery' that gave him the idea to do his own.
First episode is about Lancaster, but subsequent episodes are interviews with guests chosen by Lancaster. Can be found on the "Highlights from Off The Ball" pod.
User avatar
Laighin Break
Enlightened
 
Posts: 807
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby Peg Leg » December 4th, 2018, 1:58 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:"Stuart is an integral part of the province here, the team, how we play and the success we've had over the last couple of years. So, if he was to leave it would be a pretty big void to try and fill.

"There hasn't been a huge amount of talk about it. Certainly, from players it is a year away and so much can change within a year. But certainly Stuart is a huge part of the club."
Some context would be great


quote from Rob Kearney on Lancaster's influence on setup.
Thx
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby curates_egg » December 4th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Laighin Break wrote:Not sure if I should mention here or in the Podcasts thread, but Lancaster is doing a podcast series with Ger Gilroy on Off The Ball about Leadership, and it is well worth a listen.
He had previously done an interview with Michael Gervais on his podcast 'Finding Mastery' that gave him the idea to do his own.
First episode is about Lancaster, but subsequent episodes are interviews with guests chosen by Lancaster. Can be found on the "Highlights from Off The Ball" pod.


Are you enjoying it? What really bothers me is that Gilroy keeps bloody asking him about the world cup.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby riocard911 » December 4th, 2018, 6:24 pm

curates_egg wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:Not sure if I should mention here or in the Podcasts thread, but Lancaster is doing a podcast series with Ger Gilroy on Off The Ball about Leadership, and it is well worth a listen.
He had previously done an interview with Michael Gervais on his podcast 'Finding Mastery' that gave him the idea to do his own.
First episode is about Lancaster, but subsequent episodes are interviews with guests chosen by Lancaster. Can be found on the "Highlights from Off The Ball" pod.


Are you enjoying it? What really bothers me is that Gilroy keeps bloody asking him about the world cup.


I just listened to the first one (which I think is the only one available). I enjoyed it and thought Gilroy did okay. He certainly didn't drill Lancaster on England's RWC '15 disaster.
riocard911
Mullet
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby Laighin Break » December 5th, 2018, 9:36 am

Yeah he mentioned the RWC '15 (which is important) but didn't think he over did it. I've listened to the second one too, which is an interview with a New Zealander who's an 'expert' in leadership in sports. Stuart brought him in to help out with the English rugby team. He's also worked with multiple soccer and cricket teams.
Third episode is available now too
User avatar
Laighin Break
Enlightened
 
Posts: 807
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby mildlyinterested » December 6th, 2018, 3:08 pm

@CianTracey1
24m24 minutes ago
Leo Cullen says that Stuart Lancaster has told him that he is happy at Leinster. Expects him to be at the club next season.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2404
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby curates_egg » December 6th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Here's the article from the 42, quoting Cullen. Nothing surprising in there. Not much else he can say.
https://www.the42.ie/leinster-leo-culle ... =shortlink
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Postby leinsterforever » December 6th, 2018, 5:31 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:@CianTracey1
24m24 minutes ago
Leo Cullen says that Stuart Lancaster has told him that he is happy at Leinster. Expects him to be at the club next season.


Even with my Ireland hat on, I think Lancaster staying at Leinster is the best thing for Irish rugby. Get Tony Brown or Jason Holland or O'Gara to be Ireland attack coach and leave Lancaster to do what he's doing so well at the moment
leinsterforever
Enlightened
 
Posts: 911
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IanD, leinsterabu, SemrushBot [Bot], wixfjord and 13 guests