Re: Edinburgh vs Leinster Sept 16th

Post by johng »

Phew
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:Phew

I'll see your phew and raise you an about bloody time!
I have Bumbleflex
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Is there such thing as a dreadful win ?
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Worst decision of the night was penalising Dev for not rolling away when two men lying on top of him!
Made hard work but 5 points
Poor second half but a lot to be happy about especially the clinical first half
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I hope both sides put in an official complaint against the officials tonight. Even by Pro12 standards they were appalling.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

f%~king
Fcking
fux sake
Lads, do you know you are allowed to swear on the internet? Your teacher isn't watching!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

At that last try for Edinburgh, scored by their number 6, Reid just stepped out of the was of the opposing player charging towards him... Just stepped aside, ffs!!! Unbelievable!!!!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Well that 40 mins was as frustrating as anything we've seen in the last 3 years. With the experience we had out there there's no excuse for that shambles. We're lucky that Edinburgh are so awful and Weir can't kick for love nor money.

As for the officials, the fact that 3 of them combined to call a charge down a deliberate knock on says it all. They were a mess.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Not rational after that 2nd half, but initial reaction tells me that if Edinburgh play like they did in second half between now and Christmas, they'll be close to top 6.

Excellent lineout, really agressive ball carriers and a decent scrum. A competent team.

Feels like we conceded 20 points in second half but almost everybody fought for our line, despite falling off tackles further out. The real madness was continually giving them back the ball in kicks and line-out screw-ups. Isa and Jamie were on the park so there was enough experience to recognise what were doing wrong!

A lot of learning,. Probably a lot of tackling practise next week, but great to get five points on a night Glasgow dropped points to Cardiff.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Sionnach wrote:
f%~king
Fcking
fux sake
Lads, do you know you are allowed to swear on the internet? Your teacher isn't watching!
The first one is what the swear filter does if you write the actual word. (try it)

The next 2 are what you do if you don't want the swear filter to dictate.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

f%~k f%~k fuckidy f%~k
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

first half was the cakewalk expected. second was a truly shocking performance but the worst performer on the pitch by far was the referee
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

It wasn't all bad. They scored 5 tries while only playing one half of rugby so the attacking game was good, when they did attack. Edinburgh isn't an easy place to go and they won 11 games last season.

They came out in the second half and forgot their brains. Watson ran through half the Leinster team which showed how unfocused they were. The gameplan went out the window and possession was given away too easily.
Byrne has to learn how to throw but at this stage I doubt he is going to.
Kirchner played well be he was just kicking it back to Edinburgh aimlessly in that second half.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Was there a single penalty for the poachers in the game?
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Have no idea what to make of that game. JGP looks smooth and impressed me.
Everyone else a mixed bag. A mixed bag of big fuppin baxtardin revels. Mmm, there's a nice minstrel. Yuk there's a coffee. Mmm, minstrel. Yuk, coffee. Ad nauseum.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

As for Edinburgh the sooner they get out of murrayfield the better for them.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

For me this was a perfect example of how a truly poor ref can ruin a game, since when is a block a deliberate knock on, Leavy on the ball for 10 secs and he gives them a fuvkin scrum, the call for Leavys YC was at least very harsh - the pro12 needs to not have this guy on their roster
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:For me this was a perfect example of how a truly poor ref can ruin a game, since when is a block a deliberate knock on, Leavy on the ball for 10 secs and he gives them a fuvkin scrum, the call for Leavys YC was at least very harsh - the pro12 needs to not have this guy on their roster
The players looked completely confused. JGP reaction after the "deliberate knock on" decision was hilarious.
Dont Panic!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:For me this was a perfect example of how a truly poor ref can ruin a game, since when is a block a deliberate knock on, Leavy on the ball for 10 secs and he gives them a fuvkin scrum, the call for Leavys YC was at least very harsh - the pro12 needs to not have this guy on their roster
I can only imagine that he didn't look carefully enough or couldn't see the big screen well enough and the TMO didn't have the confidence to overrule him for the Ringrose "knock-on". Don't know what the assistant ref was doing saying he should check it

But look on the bright side. He wasn't as bad as Fitzgibbon usually is
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It was daft refereeing that showed an ability to apply laws and interpretation but not to understand. The deliberate knock on was a correct interpretation of finer issues around deliberate knocks as players approach to tackle, it was just that they applied it to an charged down kick.

There was an inevitability to Leavy's yellow that was evident in his instructions. He was looking to do it, but didn't care to whom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk