Niall Morris retires due to injury.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Niall Morris retires due to injury.

Post by goreyguy »

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/15235.php
"Unfortunately my ankle, which I fractured and dislocated in an incident against Bath in May 2015 and have rehabbed for 15 months wasn't right after the Gloucester game, so I decided to seek further opinion and in the end I've been left with no choice but to retire from professional rugby.'

"While at 28 I'm disappointed that my rugby career has come to an end, having completed a degree in Business and Legal Studies at UCD and recently passed CFA Level 1, I feel I am well positioned to make what is a difficult transition and I am excited about what lies ahead.

"I have had some wonderful moments with Blackrock College, with Leinster and of course with Leicester Tigers and I look back upon all those years with fond memories. I am also extremely grateful to Leo and the rest of the Leinster coaching team for giving me this opportunity to prove myself in a Leinster jersey once again. It was a great feeling to pull on that jersey in Navan and in Tallaght and I gave it my all to get back there and to wear it once more. I wish the team every success for the season ahead.

"Finally I'd like to thank my family, girlfriend and friends for their support over the last few weeks and indeed over my career."
Sad to see.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Niall Morris retires due to injury.

Post by Logorrhea »

Ahhhh shite. Wasn't sure why we were signing him but was looking forward to seeing him tog out all the same.

Shame he wont get the chance. Best of luck going forward Mr Morris.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Best of luck in the future to him. Real shame when a young man needs to retire from sport like this
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Poor lad. Was hoping that his return to Leinster would work out well for both parties. Not to be.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

That's a shame. Didn't expect much from him this season, but he gave a bit of hope as a bolter given his pedegree of being a regular starter for a top European team when healthy.

But the silver lining may be more game time for the likes of Byrne and Dardis in an area where we desperately need to unearth a top class young prospect.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Gash, was raging when he left. Poor lad. Good luck in the rat race Niall.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

At least he gets to retire a Leinster player
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon