Munster - Who's Boss and who's Toss

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster - Who's Boss and who's Toss

Post by Peg Leg »

Don't think this thread was any more than banter. Today is a sad day for rugby but let's not use it as a platform to bemoan past comment.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Peg Leg wrote:Don't think this thread was any more than banter. Today is a sad day for rugby but let's not use it as a platform to bemoan past comment.
This. Relax lads, it was a fairly light hearted thread pre interpro that's the norm for any forum.
Nothing to do with today's sad events, and shouldn't be used as an attempt to take any moral high ground.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I thought what I posted today when I browsed the thread last week. I just think the thread doesn't honour rugby's values, that's with or without today's events. They just aren't worthy either in life or death.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

wixfjord wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Don't think this thread was any more than banter. Today is a sad day for rugby but let's not use it as a platform to bemoan past comment.
This. Relax lads, it was a fairly light hearted thread pre interpro that's the norm for any forum.
Nothing to do with today's sad events, and shouldn't be used as an attempt to take any moral high ground.
Well okay- no one's saying its egregiously vicious, but its a piece with the shite that does go on elsewhere, which is juvenile. In any case, some of us said these things earlier in the week before any tragedy, so the high-moral ground that today gives that view is beside the point to me. BTW that bloody "banter" excuse for schoolboy standard slagging is almost as maddening.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

2) Axel Foley (The world's greatest rugby brain (TM) encased in goose fat and crackling.)
Banter or personal insults. Certainly nothing to do with rugby.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

All Blacks nil wrote:
2) Axel Foley (The world's greatest rugby brain (TM) encased in goose fat and crackling.)
Banter or personal insults.
AB0, please let it lie. This is a sad day for Irish rugby, everyone on this site shares the sadness at the passing of this great rugby man.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

All Blacks nil wrote:
Banter or personal insults. Certainly nothing to do with rugby.
That comment looks awful in the context of today.

Of course, as you well know, it was from two weeks ago and meant in the light hearted way that, rightly or wrongly, passes for internet vitriol between fans and that we see (and most of us partake in) regularly.

And of course, it certainly wouldn't have been said if there was any inclination of today's unfortunate events. Nobody in their right mind could dispute that. Nobody in their right minds could feel anything but sadness at the awful news.
So trying to attach today's context to it is at best unfair, disingenuous point scoring.

I'd ask what are you trying to achieve by coming on here and quoting it.

But it's quite transparent.

Probably best I leave it at that.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:
If you wanted to go down that road you could sift through half the threads and find something to get on a high horse about. There was zero chance of anyone adding to a list of Munster players they didnt like now let alone Foley so it shouldve been left well alone
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
If you wanted to go down that road you could sift through half the threads and find something to get on a high horse about. There was zero chance of anyone adding to a list of Munster players they didnt like now let alone Foley so it shouldve been left well alone
Yes- let's just leave it there. Enough said.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

artaneboy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Well okay- no one's saying its egregiously vicious, but its a piece with the shite that does go on elsewhere, which is juvenile. In any case, some of us said these things earlier in the week before any tragedy, so the high-moral ground that today gives that view is beside the point to me. BTW that bloody "banter" excuse for schoolboy standard slagging is almost as maddening.
Deleted by me
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

artaneboy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote: This. Relax lads, it was a fairly light hearted thread pre interpro that's the norm for any forum.
Yes- let's just leave it there. Enough said.
Agreed
Daniel Sullivan