MIA - What's the story?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

COYBIB
Enlightened

MIA - What's the story?

Post by COYBIB »

There are some Leinster players that have been MIA and I am never sure if they're injured, playing in New Zealand for some reason, released or just not rated. Maybe it would be good to keep a thread open on such players so we can ask / get updates when some players seem to disappear from the scene. Goreyguy should have a field day in this thread with updates.

Below are some players I'm looking for clarification on if anyone can help.

Gavin Thornbury - Was playing in NZ I seem to recall. Has he left for good? He's not listed on the website as being in the squad, and the likes of Niall Morris still are.

Adam Byrne - I thought he had a great start to last season, notched up some nice tries and looked like he was coming along nicely. There has been no sign of him for a year now. Has he had chronic injuries? There has been ample game time opportunity this season and he hasn't featured at all. Is he just not rated?

Ross Byrne - I see he's in the A squad for this weekend, behind Marsh on the bench. Is he again just not rated and is firmly behind Carbery and Marsh now, or was he injured?

Jack Conan - Looked superb, was capped by Ireland, seems to have had chronic injuries, is he crocked at this point?

Billy Dardis - With the likes of O'Loughlin playing on the wing, I don't think I've seen Dardis in the A team even, is he injured? Not rated?

James Ryan - Assume he's injured?
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: MIA - What's the story?

Post by simonokeeffe »

Conan injured
Dardis injured pre season
Byrne down pecking order and then injured last week
James Ryan busy putting on 12 kilos :wink:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Thornbury and Brewer playing in New Zealand. Not sure if it's a loan or he's been released.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Brewer is gone gone
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Thornbury is still in the Wiki squad but doesn't appear on the website, wonder if he's more of a loan situation.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Thornbury is in NZ playing club rugby. Not contracted as far as i know.

Brewer is in NZ playing backrow like he should have been doing the past 5 years. Released by Leinster last season.

Conan, Dardis, Ryan injured.

Ross Byrne just returned from injury.

Byrne behind O'Loughlin.